Cancun's Nizuc Resort and Spa to appeal to high end travellers
The new Nizuc Resort and Spa in Punta Nizuc is taking a new approach to encouraging high end travellers to visit Cancun and spend their holidays at their resort. The luxurious resort is located on a peninsula in one of the most secluded and ancient areas in the Riviera Maya and it boasts five swimming pools, a 30,000-square-foot spa, and upscale accommodation options.
After opening its doors in April this year, the Nizuc Resort and Spa in Punta Nizuc is unlike other Cancun properties.
The luxurious 274-suite resort is located on one of Cancun's most remote and ancient areas on the coast of Riviera Maya and rather than offering all inclusive deals for tourists taking Cancun holidays, the resort is targeting high end travellers because it is an EP (European Plan) property where no meals are included.
To appeal to the luxury market, the Cancun hotel's architect and interior designer Alejandro Escudero, paid particular detail to the resort's surrounding natural environment. Maria Elena Armenta, the hotel's Director of Sales explained the idea:
"The initiatives he implemented with colours and layouts emphasize the natural landscape. He used glass and open space to frame the water and white sand, white linens to set off fixtures, natural wood furniture from native trees and elegant stone from the state of Michoacan."
The designer also worked alongside the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City to replicate Mayan hieroglyphics as well as a mural from the Mexican city of Malinalco. Escudero commented:
"I wanted to make the resort feel unintimidating, not imposing, despite its size. The things we use as designers create a way of life or, in the case of a resort, an experience."
While guests won't have the option of all-inclusive plans during their holidays in Cancun, the resort does boast six gourmet restaurants and an Endless Indulgence option that covers meals and beverages for any guests who require it.
There are plenty of upscale facilities to enjoy throughout Cancun holidays in Riviera Maya such as five swimming pools, two of which are adults-only; two beaches, including one adults-only; a Kids Club with connecting rooms for family use; and a lavish spa with an array of natural, ancient Mayan-themed treatments.
Accommodation at the Riviera Maya hotel is within three categories: ocean suites, residence suites and garden pool villas and 80 per cent of the suites have ocean views.
Visitors taking holidays to the Riviera Maya can take part in off-site excursions to the nearby Mayan archaeological sites, the town of Playa del Carmen, and the Museo Subacuatico de Arte underwater museum.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...