Jamaica and Cuba remain top-selling holiday destinations in the Caribbean
A recent report from the Post Office has discovered that Jamaica holidays are a favourite for tourists seeking cheaper breaks in the Caribbean, while online travel agent "Love Holidays" has found that the island of Cuba is proving to be the most popular Caribbean destination for sun-seeking travellers.
After a recent survey by the Post Office revealed that Jamaica was one of the favourite destinations for affordable breaks in the Caribbean, the online travel company "Love Holidays" has carried out further research into its best-selling Caribbean destinations.
The number of tourists visiting Jamaica this year has increased by 50 per cent compared to 2012 and the majority of holidaymakers book all-inclusive breaks to save costs, on the other hand Cuba remain the most popular holiday destination for tourist planning trips to the Caribbean, accounting for 70 per cent of the region's bookings.
Jonny Marsh, the COO of Love Holidays explained:
"Jamaica was once considered unsafe by many but our customers are seeing it as increasingly desirable. After seeing a 50 per cent increase this year and with the added incentive of our low deposits from just £49pp, we expect our sales of Jamaica holidays to continue to grow, in particular, our all inclusive holidays for 2014."
Mr Marsh explained that figures represent Jamaica's "exceptional value compared to some other Caribbean resorts".
"Cuba holidays also represent fantastic value for money but until recently they have remained off the mainstream tourist radar. It's only a matter of time before flights resume from Miami so now is the time to go if customers want to experience a true taste of Cuba. With the price of a 5 star all inclusive package, coming in at £529pp, Cuba is another Caribbean island representing terrific value."
Jamaica is a stunning tropical island situated in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice in Jamaica.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, and the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...