Jamaica and Cuba remain top-selling holiday destinations in the Caribbean
A recent report from the Post Office has discovered that Jamaica holidays are a favourite for tourists seeking cheaper breaks in the Caribbean, while online travel agent "Love Holidays" has found that the island of Cuba is proving to be the most popular Caribbean destination for sun-seeking travellers.
After a recent survey by the Post Office revealed that Jamaica was one of the favourite destinations for affordable breaks in the Caribbean, the online travel company "Love Holidays" has carried out further research into its best-selling Caribbean destinations.
The number of tourists visiting Jamaica this year has increased by 50 per cent compared to 2012 and the majority of holidaymakers book all-inclusive breaks to save costs, on the other hand Cuba remain the most popular holiday destination for tourist planning trips to the Caribbean, accounting for 70 per cent of the region's bookings.
Jonny Marsh, the COO of Love Holidays explained:
"Jamaica was once considered unsafe by many but our customers are seeing it as increasingly desirable. After seeing a 50 per cent increase this year and with the added incentive of our low deposits from just £49pp, we expect our sales of Jamaica holidays to continue to grow, in particular, our all inclusive holidays for 2014."
Mr Marsh explained that figures represent Jamaica's "exceptional value compared to some other Caribbean resorts".
"Cuba holidays also represent fantastic value for money but until recently they have remained off the mainstream tourist radar. It's only a matter of time before flights resume from Miami so now is the time to go if customers want to experience a true taste of Cuba. With the price of a 5 star all inclusive package, coming in at £529pp, Cuba is another Caribbean island representing terrific value."
Jamaica is a stunning tropical island situated in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice in Jamaica.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, and the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Choose from the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...