Jamaica and Cuba remain top-selling holiday destinations in the Caribbean
A recent report from the Post Office has discovered that Jamaica holidays are a favourite for tourists seeking cheaper breaks in the Caribbean, while online travel agent "Love Holidays" has found that the island of Cuba is proving to be the most popular Caribbean destination for sun-seeking travellers.
After a recent survey by the Post Office revealed that Jamaica was one of the favourite destinations for affordable breaks in the Caribbean, the online travel company "Love Holidays" has carried out further research into its best-selling Caribbean destinations.
The number of tourists visiting Jamaica this year has increased by 50 per cent compared to 2012 and the majority of holidaymakers book all-inclusive breaks to save costs, on the other hand Cuba remain the most popular holiday destination for tourist planning trips to the Caribbean, accounting for 70 per cent of the region's bookings.
Jonny Marsh, the COO of Love Holidays explained:
"Jamaica was once considered unsafe by many but our customers are seeing it as increasingly desirable. After seeing a 50 per cent increase this year and with the added incentive of our low deposits from just £49pp, we expect our sales of Jamaica holidays to continue to grow, in particular, our all inclusive holidays for 2014."
Mr Marsh explained that figures represent Jamaica's "exceptional value compared to some other Caribbean resorts".
"Cuba holidays also represent fantastic value for money but until recently they have remained off the mainstream tourist radar. It's only a matter of time before flights resume from Miami so now is the time to go if customers want to experience a true taste of Cuba. With the price of a 5 star all inclusive package, coming in at £529pp, Cuba is another Caribbean island representing terrific value."
Jamaica is a stunning tropical island situated in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice in Jamaica.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, and the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...