Jamaica and Cuba remain top-selling holiday destinations in the Caribbean
A recent report from the Post Office has discovered that Jamaica holidays are a favourite for tourists seeking cheaper breaks in the Caribbean, while online travel agent "Love Holidays" has found that the island of Cuba is proving to be the most popular Caribbean destination for sun-seeking travellers.
After a recent survey by the Post Office revealed that Jamaica was one of the favourite destinations for affordable breaks in the Caribbean, the online travel company "Love Holidays" has carried out further research into its best-selling Caribbean destinations.
The number of tourists visiting Jamaica this year has increased by 50 per cent compared to 2012 and the majority of holidaymakers book all-inclusive breaks to save costs, on the other hand Cuba remain the most popular holiday destination for tourist planning trips to the Caribbean, accounting for 70 per cent of the region's bookings.
Jonny Marsh, the COO of Love Holidays explained:
"Jamaica was once considered unsafe by many but our customers are seeing it as increasingly desirable. After seeing a 50 per cent increase this year and with the added incentive of our low deposits from just £49pp, we expect our sales of Jamaica holidays to continue to grow, in particular, our all inclusive holidays for 2014."
Mr Marsh explained that figures represent Jamaica's "exceptional value compared to some other Caribbean resorts".
"Cuba holidays also represent fantastic value for money but until recently they have remained off the mainstream tourist radar. It's only a matter of time before flights resume from Miami so now is the time to go if customers want to experience a true taste of Cuba. With the price of a 5 star all inclusive package, coming in at £529pp, Cuba is another Caribbean island representing terrific value."
Jamaica is a stunning tropical island situated in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice in Jamaica.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, and the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...