Cancun's Second Annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival to take place this month
Cancun is fast becoming known as the perfect foodie destination and the region is getting ready to welcome food-lovers from all over the world at the second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival in October. The festival will have special appearances and demonstrations from well-known Mexican chefs including Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis.
The second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival will be taking place from 16th to 20th October, 2012, off the coast of Cancun.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, a region which is gaining a reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The festival is expected to attract visitors from near and far.
Leading Mexican chefs who will be giving talks and demonstrations at this year's event include Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis. The food festival is sponsored by the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association.
The island will host a series of gourmet events during the five-day festival such as food, wine and mescal tastings; dinners prepared by Munoz, Solis, and 16 local chefs; live tango and blues music; late-night beach bonfires; and a parade through the streets of Holbox.
One-day entry bracelets for the Cancun festival are $350 Mexican pesos (about $30) and are available at the Hotel Arenas.
Many Cancun hotels on the island are celebrating the foodie festivities by offering a variety of packages that include the festival tickets, spa treatments and return transport to and from the mainland. These include Hotel Casa Sandra, Hotel La Casa de las Tortugas, Hotel Las Nubes, Hotel Villas Flamingos, Hotel Villas Paraiso del Mar, La Palapa, Hotel Arenas, Casa Barbara, Takiwara, Casa Lupita and Hotel Amaite.
Speaking about last year's debut Holbox Gastronomic Festival, the President of the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association, Denisse de Kalafe, said:
"The I.H. Restaurant Association could not have been happier with their first festival. It was so wonderful to share a taste of the island with so many people from all over the world at the first Holbox Gastronomic Festival. I'm glad we were able to capture the attention of visitors looking for gastronomical offerings in paradise."
Cancun has fast becoming the perfect foodie destination and the city will also be celebrating the region's wine and food offerings at the Cancun Wine and Food Festival in March, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...