Cancun's Second Annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival to take place this month
Cancun is fast becoming known as the perfect foodie destination and the region is getting ready to welcome food-lovers from all over the world at the second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival in October. The festival will have special appearances and demonstrations from well-known Mexican chefs including Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis.
The second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival will be taking place from 16th to 20th October, 2012, off the coast of Cancun.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, a region which is gaining a reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The festival is expected to attract visitors from near and far.
Leading Mexican chefs who will be giving talks and demonstrations at this year's event include Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis. The food festival is sponsored by the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association.
The island will host a series of gourmet events during the five-day festival such as food, wine and mescal tastings; dinners prepared by Munoz, Solis, and 16 local chefs; live tango and blues music; late-night beach bonfires; and a parade through the streets of Holbox.
One-day entry bracelets for the Cancun festival are $350 Mexican pesos (about $30) and are available at the Hotel Arenas.
Many Cancun hotels on the island are celebrating the foodie festivities by offering a variety of packages that include the festival tickets, spa treatments and return transport to and from the mainland. These include Hotel Casa Sandra, Hotel La Casa de las Tortugas, Hotel Las Nubes, Hotel Villas Flamingos, Hotel Villas Paraiso del Mar, La Palapa, Hotel Arenas, Casa Barbara, Takiwara, Casa Lupita and Hotel Amaite.
Speaking about last year's debut Holbox Gastronomic Festival, the President of the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association, Denisse de Kalafe, said:
"The I.H. Restaurant Association could not have been happier with their first festival. It was so wonderful to share a taste of the island with so many people from all over the world at the first Holbox Gastronomic Festival. I'm glad we were able to capture the attention of visitors looking for gastronomical offerings in paradise."
Cancun has fast becoming the perfect foodie destination and the city will also be celebrating the region's wine and food offerings at the Cancun Wine and Food Festival in March, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...