Cancun's Second Annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival to take place this month
Cancun is fast becoming known as the perfect foodie destination and the region is getting ready to welcome food-lovers from all over the world at the second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival in October. The festival will have special appearances and demonstrations from well-known Mexican chefs including Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis.
The second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival will be taking place from 16th to 20th October, 2012, off the coast of Cancun.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, a region which is gaining a reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The festival is expected to attract visitors from near and far.
Leading Mexican chefs who will be giving talks and demonstrations at this year's event include Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis. The food festival is sponsored by the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association.
The island will host a series of gourmet events during the five-day festival such as food, wine and mescal tastings; dinners prepared by Munoz, Solis, and 16 local chefs; live tango and blues music; late-night beach bonfires; and a parade through the streets of Holbox.
One-day entry bracelets for the Cancun festival are $350 Mexican pesos (about $30) and are available at the Hotel Arenas.
Many Cancun hotels on the island are celebrating the foodie festivities by offering a variety of packages that include the festival tickets, spa treatments and return transport to and from the mainland. These include Hotel Casa Sandra, Hotel La Casa de las Tortugas, Hotel Las Nubes, Hotel Villas Flamingos, Hotel Villas Paraiso del Mar, La Palapa, Hotel Arenas, Casa Barbara, Takiwara, Casa Lupita and Hotel Amaite.
Speaking about last year's debut Holbox Gastronomic Festival, the President of the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association, Denisse de Kalafe, said:
"The I.H. Restaurant Association could not have been happier with their first festival. It was so wonderful to share a taste of the island with so many people from all over the world at the first Holbox Gastronomic Festival. I'm glad we were able to capture the attention of visitors looking for gastronomical offerings in paradise."
Cancun has fast becoming the perfect foodie destination and the city will also be celebrating the region's wine and food offerings at the Cancun Wine and Food Festival in March, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...