Cancun's Second Annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival to take place this month
Cancun is fast becoming known as the perfect foodie destination and the region is getting ready to welcome food-lovers from all over the world at the second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival in October. The festival will have special appearances and demonstrations from well-known Mexican chefs including Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis.
The second annual Holbox Gastronomic Festival will be taking place from 16th to 20th October, 2012, off the coast of Cancun.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, a region which is gaining a reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The festival is expected to attract visitors from near and far.
Leading Mexican chefs who will be giving talks and demonstrations at this year's event include Ricardo Munoz and Roberto Solis. The food festival is sponsored by the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association.
The island will host a series of gourmet events during the five-day festival such as food, wine and mescal tastings; dinners prepared by Munoz, Solis, and 16 local chefs; live tango and blues music; late-night beach bonfires; and a parade through the streets of Holbox.
One-day entry bracelets for the Cancun festival are $350 Mexican pesos (about $30) and are available at the Hotel Arenas.
Many Cancun hotels on the island are celebrating the foodie festivities by offering a variety of packages that include the festival tickets, spa treatments and return transport to and from the mainland. These include Hotel Casa Sandra, Hotel La Casa de las Tortugas, Hotel Las Nubes, Hotel Villas Flamingos, Hotel Villas Paraiso del Mar, La Palapa, Hotel Arenas, Casa Barbara, Takiwara, Casa Lupita and Hotel Amaite.
Speaking about last year's debut Holbox Gastronomic Festival, the President of the Island of Holbox Restaurant Association, Denisse de Kalafe, said:
"The I.H. Restaurant Association could not have been happier with their first festival. It was so wonderful to share a taste of the island with so many people from all over the world at the first Holbox Gastronomic Festival. I'm glad we were able to capture the attention of visitors looking for gastronomical offerings in paradise."
Cancun has fast becoming the perfect foodie destination and the city will also be celebrating the region's wine and food offerings at the Cancun Wine and Food Festival in March, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...