Dominican Republic records increase in passenger arrivals during August, 2013
The number of tourists taking Dominican Republic holidays in August this year has increased by 6.47 per cent compared to the same month in 2012, according to numbers released by the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The Caribbean nation welcomed 376,465 visitors last month with the majority originating from North America.
The Central Bank of the Dominican Republic has revealed figures showing that passenger arrivals to the Caribbean nation last month increased by 6.47 per cent in comparison to the August, 2012.
According to the figures, the island nation received 376,465 visitors who took Dominican Republic holidays or travelled for business during August.
After several months of decreasing numbers, the new passenger figures are welcomed by tourism officials and local businesses. The number of non-resident Dominicans visiting the country has also increased by 1.74 per cent.
According to the Central Bank's report, the majority of tourists (56.09 per cent) who booked holidays in the Dominican Republic during August originated from North America, followed by Europe with 26.88 per cent, South America 11.66 per cent, and Central America, the Caribbean, Asia, and the rest of the world making up 5.37 per cent.
The Dominican Republic is a nation on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
The Caribbean nation is home to breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees; turquoise ocean waters; undulating green hills; winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and majestic mountains.
Popular areas for tourists visiting the Dominican Republic include Punta Cana which is situated on the easternmost part of the country and boasts beautiful white sandy beaches, and the popular Bavaro region that is home to upscale shopping malls, gourmet restaurants, and luxury beachfront Dominican Republic hotels and resorts.
Holidaymakers can take part in an array of fun activities include zip lining, caving, waterfall cascading, group catamaran rides, tours of plantations and historical sites, trekking, scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, kayaking and much more.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...