Sandals Resorts celebrates at 2013 World Travel Awards
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week. The ceremony celebrated the best of the North American and Caribbean holidays sector and was hosted at the Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa. The hotel group was awarded the Leading Hotel Brand went to Sandals Resorts International.
The best of the best companies in the Caribbean hospitality and travel industry were celebrated at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week.
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the awards after they scooped the award for Leading Hotel Brand once again. The hotel group owns a number of all inclusive properties for luxurious Caribbean holidays.
The ceremony was hosted at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa and guests included the Antigua and Barbuda Governor, General Dame Louise Lake-Tack, Prime Minister Dr. Hon Baldwin Spencer, plus government ministers, chairman, and presidents from the Caribbean's travel companies.
Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, commented:
"Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is honoured to open its doors to the World Travel Awards for this distinguished occasion. It is our pleasure and sincere privilege to extend Sandals' rich tradition of hospitality to our fellow leaders of the travel industry and invite all to enjoy our beautiful beachfront setting and all the amenities this wonderful resort has to offer."
During the event at the Caribbean hotel, guests were treated to entertainment from the band The Burning Flames, and a performance from Passion de Dance.
Winners of the Caribbean hotels categories included Hermitage Bay in Antigua who won the Caribbean's Leading Boutique Hotel title and the Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic who received the Caribbean's Leading Golf Resort award.
Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos scooped the title of the Caribbean's Leading Beach Destination, Jamaica was announced as the Leading Destination for holidays in the Caribbean, and the ceremony's hosts, Antigua and Barbuda, won the coveted title of the Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination.
Speaking at the Gala Ceremony, Graham E. Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards said:
"The Caribbean and North America are fiercely contested regions for our World Travel Awards, and these Award winners continue to serve as an example of the most luxurious and innovative brands with unique hospitality products and services.
"Tonight's recipients strive to set the highest possible bar to raise the standards of excellence in travel and tourism and it has been an honour to hold our ceremony here in Antigua."
The Caribbean is one of the world's leading tourists destinations thanks to its collection of tropical island nations including Barbados, the Bahamas, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, St Lucia, Grenada, Turks and Caicos, and St Kitts and Nevis.
In the Caribbean, tourists can swim, snorkel and scuba dive in turquoise ocean waters; hike through verdant national parks and rainforests; climb majestic peaks such as the Pitons in St Lucia or the Blue Mountains in Jamaica; or relax on pristine white and pink sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...