Sandals Resorts celebrates at 2013 World Travel Awards
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week. The ceremony celebrated the best of the North American and Caribbean holidays sector and was hosted at the Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa. The hotel group was awarded the Leading Hotel Brand went to Sandals Resorts International.
The best of the best companies in the Caribbean hospitality and travel industry were celebrated at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week.
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the awards after they scooped the award for Leading Hotel Brand once again. The hotel group owns a number of all inclusive properties for luxurious Caribbean holidays.
The ceremony was hosted at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa and guests included the Antigua and Barbuda Governor, General Dame Louise Lake-Tack, Prime Minister Dr. Hon Baldwin Spencer, plus government ministers, chairman, and presidents from the Caribbean's travel companies.
Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, commented:
"Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is honoured to open its doors to the World Travel Awards for this distinguished occasion. It is our pleasure and sincere privilege to extend Sandals' rich tradition of hospitality to our fellow leaders of the travel industry and invite all to enjoy our beautiful beachfront setting and all the amenities this wonderful resort has to offer."
During the event at the Caribbean hotel, guests were treated to entertainment from the band The Burning Flames, and a performance from Passion de Dance.
Winners of the Caribbean hotels categories included Hermitage Bay in Antigua who won the Caribbean's Leading Boutique Hotel title and the Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic who received the Caribbean's Leading Golf Resort award.
Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos scooped the title of the Caribbean's Leading Beach Destination, Jamaica was announced as the Leading Destination for holidays in the Caribbean, and the ceremony's hosts, Antigua and Barbuda, won the coveted title of the Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination.
Speaking at the Gala Ceremony, Graham E. Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards said:
"The Caribbean and North America are fiercely contested regions for our World Travel Awards, and these Award winners continue to serve as an example of the most luxurious and innovative brands with unique hospitality products and services.
"Tonight's recipients strive to set the highest possible bar to raise the standards of excellence in travel and tourism and it has been an honour to hold our ceremony here in Antigua."
The Caribbean is one of the world's leading tourists destinations thanks to its collection of tropical island nations including Barbados, the Bahamas, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, St Lucia, Grenada, Turks and Caicos, and St Kitts and Nevis.
In the Caribbean, tourists can swim, snorkel and scuba dive in turquoise ocean waters; hike through verdant national parks and rainforests; climb majestic peaks such as the Pitons in St Lucia or the Blue Mountains in Jamaica; or relax on pristine white and pink sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...