Sandals Resorts celebrates at 2013 World Travel Awards
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week. The ceremony celebrated the best of the North American and Caribbean holidays sector and was hosted at the Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa. The hotel group was awarded the Leading Hotel Brand went to Sandals Resorts International.
The best of the best companies in the Caribbean hospitality and travel industry were celebrated at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North American Gala Ceremony last week.
Sandals Resorts International triumphed at the awards after they scooped the award for Leading Hotel Brand once again. The hotel group owns a number of all inclusive properties for luxurious Caribbean holidays.
The ceremony was hosted at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa and guests included the Antigua and Barbuda Governor, General Dame Louise Lake-Tack, Prime Minister Dr. Hon Baldwin Spencer, plus government ministers, chairman, and presidents from the Caribbean's travel companies.
Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, commented:
"Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is honoured to open its doors to the World Travel Awards for this distinguished occasion. It is our pleasure and sincere privilege to extend Sandals' rich tradition of hospitality to our fellow leaders of the travel industry and invite all to enjoy our beautiful beachfront setting and all the amenities this wonderful resort has to offer."
During the event at the Caribbean hotel, guests were treated to entertainment from the band The Burning Flames, and a performance from Passion de Dance.
Winners of the Caribbean hotels categories included Hermitage Bay in Antigua who won the Caribbean's Leading Boutique Hotel title and the Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic who received the Caribbean's Leading Golf Resort award.
Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos scooped the title of the Caribbean's Leading Beach Destination, Jamaica was announced as the Leading Destination for holidays in the Caribbean, and the ceremony's hosts, Antigua and Barbuda, won the coveted title of the Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination.
Speaking at the Gala Ceremony, Graham E. Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards said:
"The Caribbean and North America are fiercely contested regions for our World Travel Awards, and these Award winners continue to serve as an example of the most luxurious and innovative brands with unique hospitality products and services.
"Tonight's recipients strive to set the highest possible bar to raise the standards of excellence in travel and tourism and it has been an honour to hold our ceremony here in Antigua."
The Caribbean is one of the world's leading tourists destinations thanks to its collection of tropical island nations including Barbados, the Bahamas, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, St Lucia, Grenada, Turks and Caicos, and St Kitts and Nevis.
In the Caribbean, tourists can swim, snorkel and scuba dive in turquoise ocean waters; hike through verdant national parks and rainforests; climb majestic peaks such as the Pitons in St Lucia or the Blue Mountains in Jamaica; or relax on pristine white and pink sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...