Cinnamon Air launch domestic flights in Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Air has recently launched daily domestic flights from Sri Lanka's Katunayake to Koggala and Dickwella. The regional daily flights will depart from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) and will provide access for tourists visiting popular south coast resorts such as Galle, Koggala, Weligama, Mirissa, Dickwella and Tangalle.
Tourists planning holidays to Sri Lanka will now have more flight options when travelling around the Indian Ocean island nation as just recently Cinnamon Air has launched daily regional flights between Katunayake, Koggala and Dickwella, giving tourists easy access to south coast tourist destinations such as Galle, Weligama, Mirissa, Dickwella, Tangalle and Koggala.
Flights will depart from the Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), also known as Colombo Airport, and will be operated on a Cessna 208 amphibious aircraft.
The Sri Lankan airline is planning to introduce daily scheduled flights from Colombo to Kandy (Polgolla). Travellers will be able to travel to Kandy in just under 30 minutes where they can visit the Sacred Temple of the Tooth.
The launch of the new flights coincided with the inauguration of the Waters Edge water aerodrome in Sri Jayewardenepura. The new service will give travellers more options for twin centre holidays in Sri Lanka so they can enjoy a city break and relaxing holiday by the beach.
One of Sri Lanka's most popular tourist routes is the "Cultural Triangle" where visitors can enjoy the country's history, heritage and natural beauty. The region boasts sandy beaches and soaring mountains, and tourists can explore verdant tea plantations, visit an Elephant Orphanage and discover the Rock Fortress at Sigiriya.
Sri Lanka is famous for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem made up of miles of sandy beaches, emerald-sloped mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island is home to eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display again and provide a fantastic insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...