Cinnamon Air launch domestic flights in Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Air has recently launched daily domestic flights from Sri Lanka's Katunayake to Koggala and Dickwella. The regional daily flights will depart from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) and will provide access for tourists visiting popular south coast resorts such as Galle, Koggala, Weligama, Mirissa, Dickwella and Tangalle.
Tourists planning holidays to Sri Lanka will now have more flight options when travelling around the Indian Ocean island nation as just recently Cinnamon Air has launched daily regional flights between Katunayake, Koggala and Dickwella, giving tourists easy access to south coast tourist destinations such as Galle, Weligama, Mirissa, Dickwella, Tangalle and Koggala.
Flights will depart from the Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), also known as Colombo Airport, and will be operated on a Cessna 208 amphibious aircraft.
The Sri Lankan airline is planning to introduce daily scheduled flights from Colombo to Kandy (Polgolla). Travellers will be able to travel to Kandy in just under 30 minutes where they can visit the Sacred Temple of the Tooth.
The launch of the new flights coincided with the inauguration of the Waters Edge water aerodrome in Sri Jayewardenepura. The new service will give travellers more options for twin centre holidays in Sri Lanka so they can enjoy a city break and relaxing holiday by the beach.
One of Sri Lanka's most popular tourist routes is the "Cultural Triangle" where visitors can enjoy the country's history, heritage and natural beauty. The region boasts sandy beaches and soaring mountains, and tourists can explore verdant tea plantations, visit an Elephant Orphanage and discover the Rock Fortress at Sigiriya.
Sri Lanka is famous for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem made up of miles of sandy beaches, emerald-sloped mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island is home to eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display again and provide a fantastic insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...