Caribbean airline launches new flights between Cuba and Jamaica
This week Cuban short-haul airline, Aerogaviota, officially launched a new route servicing Jamaica and connecting the capital city of Havana to Jamaica's popular beach resort of Montego Bay. The airline, which already operated regular scheduled flights to Kingston thrice weekly from Havana will now offer a once weekly service to the famed white sands of Montego Bay, giving tourists more options when it comes to planning twin-centre holidays to Cuba and Jamaica.
Last Monday, Cuban regional airline Aerogaviota expanded its services to Jamaica with a new route between Montego Bay and Havana.
After three years of operating chartered flights between both countries' capitals, Aerogaviota, Cuba's youngest airline, has now connected Cuba's vibrant and exciting capital city of Havana to the powdery soft white sands of Montego Bay – Jamaica's favourite beach resort – with a new thrice weekly scheduled service.
Thus enhancing the options for tourists seeking twin-centre holidays to Cuba and Jamaica, the new scheduled flights between Havana and Montego Bay will serve a growing number of travellers seeking to experience these two neighbouring Caribbean islands.
After an official ceremony that took place on 26th August at Jamaica's Norman Manley Airport, the first Havana-Holguin-Montego Bay flight departed from Havana to mark the start of the new regular flights which would follow make a stop first in Cuba's tranquil beachside retreat of Holguin before reaching its final destination in the trendy Jamaica beach resort of Montego Bay.
With this new route another simultaneous route also launched, connecting Havana to Cuba's eastern province of Santiago de Cuba and Jamaica's capital city of Kingston. This means that Cuba and Jamaica will be now linked via three weekly flights on Mondays and Tuesdays with the Havana-Santiago de Cuba-Kingston route and the Havana-Holguin-Montego-Bay on Wednesdays.
According to the ambassador of Cuba in Jamaica, Yuri Gala, this new route will contribute to strengthening the ties of friendship and bilateral cooperation between the two Caribbean nations. Gala said:
"The launch will facilitate the flow of passengers between both countries. In a way this will also help the multi-destination component in our bilateral relationship.I think it will be an additional tool in our joint effort to not only maintain the dynamic and very close relationships that we have, but to take it to another level."
Also speaking at the launch on behalf of Jamaica's Ministry of Transport, Water and Housing, Dr Morais Guy revealed that the new partnership was a win-win situation for both countries that would add diversity to tourists' travelling options. Dr Guy said:
"We take pride in welcoming this group partnership."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...