North Island Lodge, Seychelles ranked as most expensive hotel in the World
The Seychelles is home to the world's most expensive hotel, according to a survey that was released last week by Luxury-hotels.com. North Island Lodge is situated on a private island eco-sanctuary, 30 km from the main island of Mahe and holiday prices come in at a whopping US$5,843 per couple, per night.
A recent survey has revealed that the Seychelles is home to the most expensive hotel in the world.
The North Island Lodge will cost holidaymakers a whopping US$5,843 per night, per couple, according to the survey which was carried out by Luxury-hotels.com. The survey, which was carried out in June and July, revealed the world's most extravagant hotels after looking at the lowest average rates available.
The lavish hotel is located 30km off the main island of Mahe and tourists will access it via 15 minute helicopter ride. The property has 11 luxury villas and guests can enjoy "barefoot luxury" thanks to its environmental programme which protests the local flora and fauna, and wildlife species such as Seychelles blue pigeons, and Hawksbill and green turtles.
The villas are built using natural materials that have been sourced from the surrounding area such as recovered wood and stone. The accommodation is furnished with wicker pieces and villas are surrounded by tropical swaying palm trees.
At the North Island Lodge, guests can enjoy direct access to pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters. The hotel's facilities include a spa and gym, swimming pool, an activity centre, a boutique, a library, a helipad, the Island Piazza with dining area, and the West Beach Bar.
The Seychelles is one of the world's most luxurious travel destinations with an archipelago of 115 islands that feature lush green mountains, huge granite boulders, white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
The survey's top luxury ten hotels included:
- North Island Lodge, Seychelles - $5,843
- Laucala Resort, Fiji - $5,040
- Khwai River Lodge, Botswana - $4,060
- Savute Elephant Camp, Botswana - $4,020
- Eagle Island Camp, Botswana - $3,970
- Singita Grumeti Reserves, Tanzania - $3,570
- King Pacific Lodge, Canada - $3,249
- Mnemba Island Lodge, Tanzania - $3,100
- Hotel Cala di Volpe, Italy - $2,939
- Queen Charlotte Lodge, Canada - $2,800
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....