North Island Lodge, Seychelles ranked as most expensive hotel in the World
The Seychelles is home to the world's most expensive hotel, according to a survey that was released last week by Luxury-hotels.com. North Island Lodge is situated on a private island eco-sanctuary, 30 km from the main island of Mahe and holiday prices come in at a whopping US$5,843 per couple, per night.
A recent survey has revealed that the Seychelles is home to the most expensive hotel in the world.
The North Island Lodge will cost holidaymakers a whopping US$5,843 per night, per couple, according to the survey which was carried out by Luxury-hotels.com. The survey, which was carried out in June and July, revealed the world's most extravagant hotels after looking at the lowest average rates available.
The lavish hotel is located 30km off the main island of Mahe and tourists will access it via 15 minute helicopter ride. The property has 11 luxury villas and guests can enjoy "barefoot luxury" thanks to its environmental programme which protests the local flora and fauna, and wildlife species such as Seychelles blue pigeons, and Hawksbill and green turtles.
The villas are built using natural materials that have been sourced from the surrounding area such as recovered wood and stone. The accommodation is furnished with wicker pieces and villas are surrounded by tropical swaying palm trees.
At the North Island Lodge, guests can enjoy direct access to pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters. The hotel's facilities include a spa and gym, swimming pool, an activity centre, a boutique, a library, a helipad, the Island Piazza with dining area, and the West Beach Bar.
The Seychelles is one of the world's most luxurious travel destinations with an archipelago of 115 islands that feature lush green mountains, huge granite boulders, white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
The survey's top luxury ten hotels included:
- North Island Lodge, Seychelles - $5,843
- Laucala Resort, Fiji - $5,040
- Khwai River Lodge, Botswana - $4,060
- Savute Elephant Camp, Botswana - $4,020
- Eagle Island Camp, Botswana - $3,970
- Singita Grumeti Reserves, Tanzania - $3,570
- King Pacific Lodge, Canada - $3,249
- Mnemba Island Lodge, Tanzania - $3,100
- Hotel Cala di Volpe, Italy - $2,939
- Queen Charlotte Lodge, Canada - $2,800
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
For a secluded retreat, and a romatic hideaway nestled among the beach coves of Beau Vallon, choose Hilton Northolme and take advantage of an affordable price
- First Class facilities a luxury spa
- Breath taking views of the Indian Ocean
- Villa-style accomodation
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...