Hotusa Group makes debut in Cuba with opening of Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria
Travellers planning to visit Cuba will now have a new luxurious hotel to choose from after Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria opened its doors last week. The five star hotel is located on the popular island of Cayo Santa Maria in the Jardines del Rey archipelago and has 836 villa-type rooms and 18 suites, all with verandas and guests will have access to a white sand beach and an array of upscale facilities.
The Hotusa Hotels Group has announced the opening of a new five-star hotel complex on the island of Cuba. Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria just opened its doors to tourists last week and it is the first Hotusa property on the Caribbean island.
The luxury property has 836 spacious villa-type guest rooms and 18 suites with verandas and colourful decor. The hotel's facilities include two swimming pools, six gourmet restaurants, each offering different cuisine; a yacht club; a sport club and modern gym; and a children's club.
In Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba, guests can enjoy direct access to a pristine white sandy beach that is fringed with turquoise ocean waters and the resort has a pavilion facing the sea which is perfect for romantic weddings and private events.
The resort is a perfect base for nature holidays where holidaymakers can hike the along the nearby (mainland) Escambray mountain range, visit the hot springs and mineral-medicinal waters of Elguea, or go scuba diving in crystal clear ocean waters.
Cayo Santa Maria is an island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago, north of Cuba. The island barely stretches two kilometres in width but it boasts 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. It is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects to the area of Caibarien, in the province of Villa Clara.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destination and it home to azure, crystal clear water and an impressive barrier reef system. The area offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, tarpon, grunts, snappers, red hinds, parrotfish, triggerfish, squirrelfish, lobsters, crabs, and shrimps.
The Hotusa Hotels Group operates seven other hotels on the American continent, including two in the United States, three in Mexico, one in Argentina, one in Brazil and new properties are planned for Colombia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...