Hotusa Group makes debut in Cuba with opening of Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria
Travellers planning to visit Cuba will now have a new luxurious hotel to choose from after Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria opened its doors last week. The five star hotel is located on the popular island of Cayo Santa Maria in the Jardines del Rey archipelago and has 836 villa-type rooms and 18 suites, all with verandas and guests will have access to a white sand beach and an array of upscale facilities.
The Hotusa Hotels Group has announced the opening of a new five-star hotel complex on the island of Cuba. Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria just opened its doors to tourists last week and it is the first Hotusa property on the Caribbean island.
The luxury property has 836 spacious villa-type guest rooms and 18 suites with verandas and colourful decor. The hotel's facilities include two swimming pools, six gourmet restaurants, each offering different cuisine; a yacht club; a sport club and modern gym; and a children's club.
In Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba, guests can enjoy direct access to a pristine white sandy beach that is fringed with turquoise ocean waters and the resort has a pavilion facing the sea which is perfect for romantic weddings and private events.
The resort is a perfect base for nature holidays where holidaymakers can hike the along the nearby (mainland) Escambray mountain range, visit the hot springs and mineral-medicinal waters of Elguea, or go scuba diving in crystal clear ocean waters.
Cayo Santa Maria is an island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago, north of Cuba. The island barely stretches two kilometres in width but it boasts 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. It is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects to the area of Caibarien, in the province of Villa Clara.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destination and it home to azure, crystal clear water and an impressive barrier reef system. The area offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, tarpon, grunts, snappers, red hinds, parrotfish, triggerfish, squirrelfish, lobsters, crabs, and shrimps.
The Hotusa Hotels Group operates seven other hotels on the American continent, including two in the United States, three in Mexico, one in Argentina, one in Brazil and new properties are planned for Colombia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...