Capella Hotels and Resorts to renovate and rebrand Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be taking over the management of Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia. The resort will undergo extensive renovations over the next year and it will be rebranded as Capella Marigot Bay but the resort and marina will remain open throughout this period.
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be renovating and rebranding a luxury hotel in St Lucia. The hotel group operates luxurious hotels in Singapore, Mexico, and Washington DC and it recently acquired Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia.
Located alongside Marigot Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, the Discovery at Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author, James Albert Michener, as "the most beautiful in the Caribbean".
"We're pleased to add Discovery at Marigot Bay to our portfolio of award-winning hotels and resorts. We will begin instilling the Capella service philosophy into the property immediately. Additionally, extensive renovations will begin shortly, which we expect to complete by mid next year when it will be branded Capella Marigot Bay. The resort and world class marina will remain fully operational during this time frame."
Stated Horst Schulze, the Chairman and CEO of Capella Hotels and Resorts.
The St Lucia hotel is currently a member of the Leading Small Hotels of the World and it provides an intimate and upscale experience for tourists taking St Lucia holidays. At present, the eco-friendly hotel has 124 guest rooms, including 57 suites, most of which boast their own plunge pool. Guests can enjoy sweeping views of the bay from their spacious balconies.
The St Lucia hotel's facilities include the lavish Lapli Spa, gourmet restaurants, elegant bars and lounges, and the exclusive Capella Marina at Marigot Bay which accommodates some of the world's most luxurious mega yachts.
Holidaymakers can relax in the resort's verdant gardens or head off and explore the island's lush rainforests, white sandy beaches and twin Piton mountains.
Visitors to the island can discover many attractions and sites, including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach; the harbour town and capital city, Castries; and nature reserves such as Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...