Capella Hotels and Resorts to renovate and rebrand Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be taking over the management of Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia. The resort will undergo extensive renovations over the next year and it will be rebranded as Capella Marigot Bay but the resort and marina will remain open throughout this period.
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be renovating and rebranding a luxury hotel in St Lucia. The hotel group operates luxurious hotels in Singapore, Mexico, and Washington DC and it recently acquired Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia.
Located alongside Marigot Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, the Discovery at Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author, James Albert Michener, as "the most beautiful in the Caribbean".
"We're pleased to add Discovery at Marigot Bay to our portfolio of award-winning hotels and resorts. We will begin instilling the Capella service philosophy into the property immediately. Additionally, extensive renovations will begin shortly, which we expect to complete by mid next year when it will be branded Capella Marigot Bay. The resort and world class marina will remain fully operational during this time frame."
Stated Horst Schulze, the Chairman and CEO of Capella Hotels and Resorts.
The St Lucia hotel is currently a member of the Leading Small Hotels of the World and it provides an intimate and upscale experience for tourists taking St Lucia holidays. At present, the eco-friendly hotel has 124 guest rooms, including 57 suites, most of which boast their own plunge pool. Guests can enjoy sweeping views of the bay from their spacious balconies.
The St Lucia hotel's facilities include the lavish Lapli Spa, gourmet restaurants, elegant bars and lounges, and the exclusive Capella Marina at Marigot Bay which accommodates some of the world's most luxurious mega yachts.
Holidaymakers can relax in the resort's verdant gardens or head off and explore the island's lush rainforests, white sandy beaches and twin Piton mountains.
Visitors to the island can discover many attractions and sites, including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach; the harbour town and capital city, Castries; and nature reserves such as Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Upgrade and Save! Book and Save when Upgrading to an Oceanview room!
- Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...