Capella Hotels and Resorts to renovate and rebrand Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be taking over the management of Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia. The resort will undergo extensive renovations over the next year and it will be rebranded as Capella Marigot Bay but the resort and marina will remain open throughout this period.
Capella Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be renovating and rebranding a luxury hotel in St Lucia. The hotel group operates luxurious hotels in Singapore, Mexico, and Washington DC and it recently acquired Discovery at Marigot Bay St Lucia.
Located alongside Marigot Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, the Discovery at Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author, James Albert Michener, as "the most beautiful in the Caribbean".
"We're pleased to add Discovery at Marigot Bay to our portfolio of award-winning hotels and resorts. We will begin instilling the Capella service philosophy into the property immediately. Additionally, extensive renovations will begin shortly, which we expect to complete by mid next year when it will be branded Capella Marigot Bay. The resort and world class marina will remain fully operational during this time frame."
Stated Horst Schulze, the Chairman and CEO of Capella Hotels and Resorts.
The St Lucia hotel is currently a member of the Leading Small Hotels of the World and it provides an intimate and upscale experience for tourists taking St Lucia holidays. At present, the eco-friendly hotel has 124 guest rooms, including 57 suites, most of which boast their own plunge pool. Guests can enjoy sweeping views of the bay from their spacious balconies.
The St Lucia hotel's facilities include the lavish Lapli Spa, gourmet restaurants, elegant bars and lounges, and the exclusive Capella Marina at Marigot Bay which accommodates some of the world's most luxurious mega yachts.
Holidaymakers can relax in the resort's verdant gardens or head off and explore the island's lush rainforests, white sandy beaches and twin Piton mountains.
Visitors to the island can discover many attractions and sites, including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach; the harbour town and capital city, Castries; and nature reserves such as Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....