Laguna Lang Co Vietnam Hotel to introduce community and environmental projects
The Banyan Tree Vietnam hotel, Laguna Lang Co, will be introducing a number of community and environmental projects over the next couple of years. The projects will range from organic farms and restaurants with local produce, to activities that will involve guests such as fishing lessons in nearby Loc Vinh.
Banyan Tree's first integrated resort in Central Vietnam will be introducing several projects that will help the community and environment over the next couple of years.
The Banyan Tree Vietnam hotel will run projects such as the Seedling Restaurant youth scheme, the launch of a new extensive organic farm, and fishing lessons for hotel guests.
The Seedlings restaurant opened earlier this year and is named after the company's international mentorship programme for under-privileged youths. The restaurant is located in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Hoi An, which is famous for its impressive lantern and light displays along the Thu Bon River. All of the staff at the restaurant are from varied disadvantaged who have received training and support so they can build vocational life skills that will help them build their careers.
The restaurant is a joint collaboration with KOTO Foundation which is based in Hanoi and provides catering skills for under-privileged backgrounds youths in Vietnam.
The Banyan Tree Vietnam hotel will also be launching a brand new organic farm in January, 2014. The 10,000-square-metre farm will be located close to the golf course and will focus on producing crops such as mushrooms, berries, herbs, salads and cocoa plants.
The farm will feature a worm farm that will convert hotel organic waste, horse manure and charcoal into fertilisers that will be used on crops.
Guests staying at the Banyan Tree hotel will be able to take part in farm tours to learn about production on the farm, as well as enjoy horse riding lessons and scenic rides along the coast.
Laguna Lang Co will also be supporting the nearby fishing village, Loc Vinh, where fisherman still use traditional fishing methods in round ‘thuyen thung' fishing boats to catch their produce using nets.
The hotel uses the village's fish in or the restaurant and holidaymakers staying at the property will also be able to learn about the local fishing methods through bespoke tours.
Cocoa plants are common in Vietnam and local entrepreneurs are beginning to recognise the quality of the cocoa beans and the possibilities for chocolate production.
Pheva World is one business that was set up by Vietnamese couple who have opened a chocolate factory after they gained chemistry degrees in Europe. Their mission is to produce high-quality Vietnamese chocolate that can be sold both nationally and internationally.
The Banyan Tree organic farm will support this company by testing the growth of cocoa plants and if viable, Laguna Lang Co will help local farmers develop production. The chocolate will also be used in the Vietnam hotel's guest rooms as turn down gifts and sold in the Seedlings restaurant.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Experience the beauty of southern Vietnam with its stunning landscapes, rural villages and fascinating history. This...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...