Joseph Marcell will return to St Lucia to perform in King Lear Production
Holidaymakers who will be visiting the Caribbean island of St Lucia this month will have the chance to see the production of King Lear starring Joseph Marcell. The English actor is originally from St Lucia and is well known for playing the character, Geoffrey, in the U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Tourists will be in for a cultural treat this month as the production of King Lear comes to the island of St Lucia courtesy of Shakespeare's Globe.
The stage production will star Joseph Marcell who is originally from St Lucia and famous for playing the character of the English butler Geoffrey in the hit U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Performances of King Lear will be showing between 19th and 25th August at Fon D'or and Gaiety on Rodney Bay and tickets will be available on the door so travellers can enjoy a cultural twist to holidays in St Lucia.
Born in St Lucia, Marcell moved to England when he was nine years old where he went on to train at the Central School of Speech and Drama. He has starred in many shows over the years but is well known for his role as the stuffy Bel-Air butler and he starred alongside Will Smith.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, the 238-square-mile island boasts a tagline, ‘Simply Beautiful', and it has been the recipient of multiple international awards, including been voted as the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine earlier this year. The nation is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
The island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes including the the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons; emerald undulating hills; miles of white sandy beaches; and turquoise ocean waters where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing.
In St Lucia, visitors can visit several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...