Joseph Marcell will return to St Lucia to perform in King Lear Production
Holidaymakers who will be visiting the Caribbean island of St Lucia this month will have the chance to see the production of King Lear starring Joseph Marcell. The English actor is originally from St Lucia and is well known for playing the character, Geoffrey, in the U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Tourists will be in for a cultural treat this month as the production of King Lear comes to the island of St Lucia courtesy of Shakespeare's Globe.
The stage production will star Joseph Marcell who is originally from St Lucia and famous for playing the character of the English butler Geoffrey in the hit U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Performances of King Lear will be showing between 19th and 25th August at Fon D'or and Gaiety on Rodney Bay and tickets will be available on the door so travellers can enjoy a cultural twist to holidays in St Lucia.
Born in St Lucia, Marcell moved to England when he was nine years old where he went on to train at the Central School of Speech and Drama. He has starred in many shows over the years but is well known for his role as the stuffy Bel-Air butler and he starred alongside Will Smith.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, the 238-square-mile island boasts a tagline, ‘Simply Beautiful', and it has been the recipient of multiple international awards, including been voted as the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine earlier this year. The nation is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
The island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes including the the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons; emerald undulating hills; miles of white sandy beaches; and turquoise ocean waters where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing.
In St Lucia, visitors can visit several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...