Joseph Marcell will return to St Lucia to perform in King Lear Production
Holidaymakers who will be visiting the Caribbean island of St Lucia this month will have the chance to see the production of King Lear starring Joseph Marcell. The English actor is originally from St Lucia and is well known for playing the character, Geoffrey, in the U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Tourists will be in for a cultural treat this month as the production of King Lear comes to the island of St Lucia courtesy of Shakespeare's Globe.
The stage production will star Joseph Marcell who is originally from St Lucia and famous for playing the character of the English butler Geoffrey in the hit U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Performances of King Lear will be showing between 19th and 25th August at Fon D'or and Gaiety on Rodney Bay and tickets will be available on the door so travellers can enjoy a cultural twist to holidays in St Lucia.
Born in St Lucia, Marcell moved to England when he was nine years old where he went on to train at the Central School of Speech and Drama. He has starred in many shows over the years but is well known for his role as the stuffy Bel-Air butler and he starred alongside Will Smith.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, the 238-square-mile island boasts a tagline, ‘Simply Beautiful', and it has been the recipient of multiple international awards, including been voted as the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine earlier this year. The nation is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
The island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes including the the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons; emerald undulating hills; miles of white sandy beaches; and turquoise ocean waters where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing.
In St Lucia, visitors can visit several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...