Joseph Marcell will return to St Lucia to perform in King Lear Production
Holidaymakers who will be visiting the Caribbean island of St Lucia this month will have the chance to see the production of King Lear starring Joseph Marcell. The English actor is originally from St Lucia and is well known for playing the character, Geoffrey, in the U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Tourists will be in for a cultural treat this month as the production of King Lear comes to the island of St Lucia courtesy of Shakespeare's Globe.
The stage production will star Joseph Marcell who is originally from St Lucia and famous for playing the character of the English butler Geoffrey in the hit U.S TV sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Performances of King Lear will be showing between 19th and 25th August at Fon D'or and Gaiety on Rodney Bay and tickets will be available on the door so travellers can enjoy a cultural twist to holidays in St Lucia.
Born in St Lucia, Marcell moved to England when he was nine years old where he went on to train at the Central School of Speech and Drama. He has starred in many shows over the years but is well known for his role as the stuffy Bel-Air butler and he starred alongside Will Smith.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, the 238-square-mile island boasts a tagline, ‘Simply Beautiful', and it has been the recipient of multiple international awards, including been voted as the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine earlier this year. The nation is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
The island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes including the the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons; emerald undulating hills; miles of white sandy beaches; and turquoise ocean waters where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing.
In St Lucia, visitors can visit several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...