Green Globe Certification awarded to all five Movenpick Hotels in Jordan
All five Movenpick hotels in Jordan have earned Green Globe certification for the third year in a row. Each of the hotels has invested in state-of-the-art energy and water saving technologies as well as practices that help preserve the local environment and embrace the culture of each individual location.
Five hotels under the Movenpick Hotels and Resorts brand have received Green Globe Certification for the third consecutive year.
The Movenpick hotels in Jordan include the Movenpick Resort and Residences Aqaba, the Movenpick Resort Tala Bay Aqaba, and the Movenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea, who each achieved top global sustainability marks, and the Movenpick Resort Petra and Movenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel, who reached 91 per cent.
The properties are excellent venues for sustainable holidays and each of the Jordan hotels has invested in modern energy and water saving technology and waste management, while preserving the local environment and embracing the culture of each location.
"To accomplish such high rankings this year across all our hotels is a testimony to our employees' continuous dedication to best practice, at Movenpick Hotels and Resorts sustainability is an on-going process and our hotels are constantly challenging themselves to find new ways to improve standards."
Commented Peter Hoesli, the General Manager of Movenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea and Movenpick's Regional Manager in Jordan.
The Movenpick Hotels and Resorts in Jordan are favourites for many tourists and last year, Movenpick Resort and Spa Tala Bay, Movenpick Resort and Residences Aqaba and Movenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea all received a four out of five rating by TripAdvisor's members.
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller magazine also voted Movenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea as Jordan's Best Luxury Resort Spa in the World Luxury Spa Awards for the last three years in a row.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification which is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are seen to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
As well as its five Movenpick hotels in Jordan, the luxury hotel management company has 78 properties in more than 24 countries across the world, with 30 more hotels planned or under construction.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Discover the hidden magic of Arabia during this amazing tour of Jordan
- To make the most of the experience, a professional guide will walk you through the magical Al Khazneh
- Undertake a City Tour of Amman which allows you to see both the old and new parts of the city
- Visit one of the New 7 Wonders of the World – the “Rose Red City” of Petra
Indulge yourself with a relaxing stay in Jordan, where peace and tranquillity come as standard
- Enjoy dinner entertainment with the live cooking station
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit in the award winning Zara Spa
- Float away your stresses and woes with the healing properties of the Dead Sea
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...