Green Globe Certification awarded to three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica
Three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica have received the coveted Green Globe certification recently. The Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay were awarded the certification for their eco-friendly development and policies while continuing to provide the best service for their guests.
The Green Globe Certification has been awarded to three Caribbean properties belonging to Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
The three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica include the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay.
The coveted certification was awarded to the Jamaica hotels due to their efforts in introducing and sustaining eco-friendly policies and developments such as reducing water consumption; recycling PET, cardboard and other materials; optimising energy resources; and protecting the natural habitat.
Philipp Hofer, Director of the Iberostar Rose Hall Resort, stated:
"We are very proud of the Green Globe recognition for all Iberostar properties in Montego Bay, the certification speaks for the brand's commitment to remain environmentally conscious of this beautiful island, while providing the best possible service to our guests. It is our goal to continuously improve our efforts in a sustainable, profitable, and respectful manner."
The Rose Hall estate in Montego Bay is an excellent choice for sustainable holidays and the resort is located within beautiful natural surroundings on the coast. The team of staff are committed to preserving the natural environment and its inhabitants. Turtle nesting is common on the resort's beaches where Hawksbill turtles return to the same beach to lay their eggs every year. There are plenty of birds to spot such as the Jamaican lizard cuckoo and the white-crowned pigeon.
Guests staying at the three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica can also take part in community activities such as coastal clean-up days that are organised by the eco-friendly hotels on a regular basis.
Iberostar supports a number of causes throughout the year through donations and voluntary work. These include SOS Children's Village, the Salvation Army, Infirmary of Falmouth, and the New Day Experimental School.
As well as operating Iberostar Hotels in Jamaica, the hotel group has a total of 18 hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico. These range from the adults-only "Grand Collection", to couple and family-friendly "Premium Gold", and "Premium Category" properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...