Green Globe Certification awarded to three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica
Three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica have received the coveted Green Globe certification recently. The Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay were awarded the certification for their eco-friendly development and policies while continuing to provide the best service for their guests.
The Green Globe Certification has been awarded to three Caribbean properties belonging to Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
The three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica include the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay.
The coveted certification was awarded to the Jamaica hotels due to their efforts in introducing and sustaining eco-friendly policies and developments such as reducing water consumption; recycling PET, cardboard and other materials; optimising energy resources; and protecting the natural habitat.
Philipp Hofer, Director of the Iberostar Rose Hall Resort, stated:
"We are very proud of the Green Globe recognition for all Iberostar properties in Montego Bay, the certification speaks for the brand's commitment to remain environmentally conscious of this beautiful island, while providing the best possible service to our guests. It is our goal to continuously improve our efforts in a sustainable, profitable, and respectful manner."
The Rose Hall estate in Montego Bay is an excellent choice for sustainable holidays and the resort is located within beautiful natural surroundings on the coast. The team of staff are committed to preserving the natural environment and its inhabitants. Turtle nesting is common on the resort's beaches where Hawksbill turtles return to the same beach to lay their eggs every year. There are plenty of birds to spot such as the Jamaican lizard cuckoo and the white-crowned pigeon.
Guests staying at the three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica can also take part in community activities such as coastal clean-up days that are organised by the eco-friendly hotels on a regular basis.
Iberostar supports a number of causes throughout the year through donations and voluntary work. These include SOS Children's Village, the Salvation Army, Infirmary of Falmouth, and the New Day Experimental School.
As well as operating Iberostar Hotels in Jamaica, the hotel group has a total of 18 hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico. These range from the adults-only "Grand Collection", to couple and family-friendly "Premium Gold", and "Premium Category" properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...