Green Globe Certification awarded to three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica
Three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica have received the coveted Green Globe certification recently. The Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay were awarded the certification for their eco-friendly development and policies while continuing to provide the best service for their guests.
The Green Globe Certification has been awarded to three Caribbean properties belonging to Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
The three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica include the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay.
The coveted certification was awarded to the Jamaica hotels due to their efforts in introducing and sustaining eco-friendly policies and developments such as reducing water consumption; recycling PET, cardboard and other materials; optimising energy resources; and protecting the natural habitat.
Philipp Hofer, Director of the Iberostar Rose Hall Resort, stated:
"We are very proud of the Green Globe recognition for all Iberostar properties in Montego Bay, the certification speaks for the brand's commitment to remain environmentally conscious of this beautiful island, while providing the best possible service to our guests. It is our goal to continuously improve our efforts in a sustainable, profitable, and respectful manner."
The Rose Hall estate in Montego Bay is an excellent choice for sustainable holidays and the resort is located within beautiful natural surroundings on the coast. The team of staff are committed to preserving the natural environment and its inhabitants. Turtle nesting is common on the resort's beaches where Hawksbill turtles return to the same beach to lay their eggs every year. There are plenty of birds to spot such as the Jamaican lizard cuckoo and the white-crowned pigeon.
Guests staying at the three Iberostar hotels in Jamaica can also take part in community activities such as coastal clean-up days that are organised by the eco-friendly hotels on a regular basis.
Iberostar supports a number of causes throughout the year through donations and voluntary work. These include SOS Children's Village, the Salvation Army, Infirmary of Falmouth, and the New Day Experimental School.
As well as operating Iberostar Hotels in Jamaica, the hotel group has a total of 18 hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico. These range from the adults-only "Grand Collection", to couple and family-friendly "Premium Gold", and "Premium Category" properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...