United Airlines launches weekly flights between St. Lucia and New York
United Airlines has announced that it has launched a new weekly service to the Caribbean island of St Lucia from Newark Liberty International Airport in New York. The new non-stop flights will depart New York ever Saturday and will be operated on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a choice of three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
United Airlines has announced the launch of a new service between New York and the tropical island of St Lucia in the Caribbean.
The airline announced the new addition to its itinerary which departs Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) near New York every Saturday.
The service started on 13th July and is operated on Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Travellers who are planning to visit the island can choose from three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
Passengers will leave New York on the St Lucia flight at 8.55am and they will arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) at 1.48pm. The return flight will depart St Lucia on Saturdays at 2.38pm and arrive at Newark at 7.33pm.
The new route also enables convenient connections to major cities in North America such as Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
"St. Lucia, United's 17th destination in the Caribbean, is a very welcome addition to our network -- and just in time for customers to enjoy a great summer getaway,"
Explained Milagros Uriarte, the Director of Latin America Onshore and Caribbean Sales for United Airlines.
Tourists can also use the new route to enjoy twin-centre holidays combining New York and St Lucia.
St Lucia is one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations and the 238-square-mile island boasts breathtaking natural wonders such as the majestic Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
In St Lucia, visitors can discover many attractions and sites including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries; hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney; or sample delicious cuisine in the south-western town of Soufriere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...