United Airlines launches weekly flights between St. Lucia and New York
United Airlines has announced that it has launched a new weekly service to the Caribbean island of St Lucia from Newark Liberty International Airport in New York. The new non-stop flights will depart New York ever Saturday and will be operated on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a choice of three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
United Airlines has announced the launch of a new service between New York and the tropical island of St Lucia in the Caribbean.
The airline announced the new addition to its itinerary which departs Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) near New York every Saturday.
The service started on 13th July and is operated on Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Travellers who are planning to visit the island can choose from three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
Passengers will leave New York on the St Lucia flight at 8.55am and they will arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) at 1.48pm. The return flight will depart St Lucia on Saturdays at 2.38pm and arrive at Newark at 7.33pm.
The new route also enables convenient connections to major cities in North America such as Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
"St. Lucia, United's 17th destination in the Caribbean, is a very welcome addition to our network -- and just in time for customers to enjoy a great summer getaway,"
Explained Milagros Uriarte, the Director of Latin America Onshore and Caribbean Sales for United Airlines.
Tourists can also use the new route to enjoy twin-centre holidays combining New York and St Lucia.
St Lucia is one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations and the 238-square-mile island boasts breathtaking natural wonders such as the majestic Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
In St Lucia, visitors can discover many attractions and sites including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries; hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney; or sample delicious cuisine in the south-western town of Soufriere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...