United Airlines launches weekly flights between St. Lucia and New York
United Airlines has announced that it has launched a new weekly service to the Caribbean island of St Lucia from Newark Liberty International Airport in New York. The new non-stop flights will depart New York ever Saturday and will be operated on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a choice of three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
United Airlines has announced the launch of a new service between New York and the tropical island of St Lucia in the Caribbean.
The airline announced the new addition to its itinerary which departs Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) near New York every Saturday.
The service started on 13th July and is operated on Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Travellers who are planning to visit the island can choose from three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
Passengers will leave New York on the St Lucia flight at 8.55am and they will arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) at 1.48pm. The return flight will depart St Lucia on Saturdays at 2.38pm and arrive at Newark at 7.33pm.
The new route also enables convenient connections to major cities in North America such as Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
"St. Lucia, United's 17th destination in the Caribbean, is a very welcome addition to our network -- and just in time for customers to enjoy a great summer getaway,"
Explained Milagros Uriarte, the Director of Latin America Onshore and Caribbean Sales for United Airlines.
Tourists can also use the new route to enjoy twin-centre holidays combining New York and St Lucia.
St Lucia is one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations and the 238-square-mile island boasts breathtaking natural wonders such as the majestic Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
In St Lucia, visitors can discover many attractions and sites including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries; hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney; or sample delicious cuisine in the south-western town of Soufriere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Upgrade and Save! Book and Save when Upgrading to an Oceanview room!
- Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...