United Airlines launches weekly flights between St. Lucia and New York
United Airlines has announced that it has launched a new weekly service to the Caribbean island of St Lucia from Newark Liberty International Airport in New York. The new non-stop flights will depart New York ever Saturday and will be operated on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a choice of three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
United Airlines has announced the launch of a new service between New York and the tropical island of St Lucia in the Caribbean.
The airline announced the new addition to its itinerary which departs Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) near New York every Saturday.
The service started on 13th July and is operated on Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Travellers who are planning to visit the island can choose from three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
Passengers will leave New York on the St Lucia flight at 8.55am and they will arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) at 1.48pm. The return flight will depart St Lucia on Saturdays at 2.38pm and arrive at Newark at 7.33pm.
The new route also enables convenient connections to major cities in North America such as Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
"St. Lucia, United's 17th destination in the Caribbean, is a very welcome addition to our network -- and just in time for customers to enjoy a great summer getaway,"
Explained Milagros Uriarte, the Director of Latin America Onshore and Caribbean Sales for United Airlines.
Tourists can also use the new route to enjoy twin-centre holidays combining New York and St Lucia.
St Lucia is one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations and the 238-square-mile island boasts breathtaking natural wonders such as the majestic Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
In St Lucia, visitors can discover many attractions and sites including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries; hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney; or sample delicious cuisine in the south-western town of Soufriere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...