United Airlines launches weekly flights between St. Lucia and New York
United Airlines has announced that it has launched a new weekly service to the Caribbean island of St Lucia from Newark Liberty International Airport in New York. The new non-stop flights will depart New York ever Saturday and will be operated on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a choice of three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
United Airlines has announced the launch of a new service between New York and the tropical island of St Lucia in the Caribbean.
The airline announced the new addition to its itinerary which departs Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) near New York every Saturday.
The service started on 13th July and is operated on Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Travellers who are planning to visit the island can choose from three cabin class categories: United Business Class, United Economy Plus and United Economy.
Passengers will leave New York on the St Lucia flight at 8.55am and they will arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) at 1.48pm. The return flight will depart St Lucia on Saturdays at 2.38pm and arrive at Newark at 7.33pm.
The new route also enables convenient connections to major cities in North America such as Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
"St. Lucia, United's 17th destination in the Caribbean, is a very welcome addition to our network -- and just in time for customers to enjoy a great summer getaway,"
Explained Milagros Uriarte, the Director of Latin America Onshore and Caribbean Sales for United Airlines.
Tourists can also use the new route to enjoy twin-centre holidays combining New York and St Lucia.
St Lucia is one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations and the 238-square-mile island boasts breathtaking natural wonders such as the majestic Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
In St Lucia, visitors can discover many attractions and sites including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Holidaymakers can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries; hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney; or sample delicious cuisine in the south-western town of Soufriere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
- January sale now on with incredible discounts on all rooms
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....