New Mekong tour takes you from Myanmar to Vietnam
Backyard Travel, an online travel company that specialises in tours and holidays across Asia, has launched a new multi-country itinerary that takes travellers through five different countries in South East Asia. The trip starts in Myanmar and passes through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Travellers planning to visit Southeast Asia this summer will be able to take advantage of a new itinerary which has been launched by Backyard Travel and takes visitors through five spectacular countries.
Backyard Travel is an online company that specialises in travel to Asia and tailor made tours. The new itinerary covers travel to five countries in South East Asia including Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
The 'Travel the Magical Mekong from Myanmar to Vietnam' package begins in Kengtung where tourists will go on a guided trek around the undulating hills, explore a 300-year-old monastery, and visit the small tribe villages of Wan Nyat and Wang Seng.
Travellers will then head to Chiang Mai in Thailand through the Golden Triangle region where they will visit picturesque, countryside and majestic temples, and stay at the eco-friendly Lanija Lodge in Chiang Rai.
Pakbeng is the next stop where holidaymakers will travel by boat across and into Laos to the capital of the country, Luang Prabang, stopping off at the Pak Ou Caves on the way.
The tour then moves onto Pakse where travellers will learn about the region and lifestyle along the Mekong River. Visitors will also be able to spend nights on the islands of Dong Daeng, Dong Khong and Dong Khone.
After this, the Southeast Asia trip heads to Cambodia and moves through the coastal province of Stung Treng where tourists can stay on the island of Koh Trong.
The next two nights will be spent in Phnom Penh which boasts both a vibrant city life and scenic tours of stunning islands and rural areas. The tour then heads to the coastal town of Kep for a night en route to Vietnam where holidaymakers will visit Can Tho and spend their final night in Ho Chi Minh City.
"We are delighted to reveal the itinerary for this exciting new multi-country tour, taking travellers from Myanmar through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia to Vietnam, the tour is packed with insider moments that not every traveller has the chance to experience, led by expert local guides from each of the five countries the tour visits."
Stated the General Manager of Backyard Travel, Maeve Nolan.
The fantastic tour starts from $3682 per person and lasts 17 days and 16 nights. The trip can be tailor-made to suit individuals' requirements.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Theme park Excitement for the whole family at vinpearl phu quoc resort and golf
- With over 2000 rare animals representing more than 130 species, Vinpearl Safari is the largest open-range Safari park in Veitnam
- Take advantage of the local tourist markets, where you can test your bartering skills
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, an amazing theme park designed to entertain the whole family
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...