New Mekong tour takes you from Myanmar to Vietnam
Backyard Travel, an online travel company that specialises in tours and holidays across Asia, has launched a new multi-country itinerary that takes travellers through five different countries in South East Asia. The trip starts in Myanmar and passes through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Travellers planning to visit Southeast Asia this summer will be able to take advantage of a new itinerary which has been launched by Backyard Travel and takes visitors through five spectacular countries.
Backyard Travel is an online company that specialises in travel to Asia and tailor made tours. The new itinerary covers travel to five countries in South East Asia including Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
The 'Travel the Magical Mekong from Myanmar to Vietnam' package begins in Kengtung where tourists will go on a guided trek around the undulating hills, explore a 300-year-old monastery, and visit the small tribe villages of Wan Nyat and Wang Seng.
Travellers will then head to Chiang Mai in Thailand through the Golden Triangle region where they will visit picturesque, countryside and majestic temples, and stay at the eco-friendly Lanija Lodge in Chiang Rai.
Pakbeng is the next stop where holidaymakers will travel by boat across and into Laos to the capital of the country, Luang Prabang, stopping off at the Pak Ou Caves on the way.
The tour then moves onto Pakse where travellers will learn about the region and lifestyle along the Mekong River. Visitors will also be able to spend nights on the islands of Dong Daeng, Dong Khong and Dong Khone.
After this, the Southeast Asia trip heads to Cambodia and moves through the coastal province of Stung Treng where tourists can stay on the island of Koh Trong.
The next two nights will be spent in Phnom Penh which boasts both a vibrant city life and scenic tours of stunning islands and rural areas. The tour then heads to the coastal town of Kep for a night en route to Vietnam where holidaymakers will visit Can Tho and spend their final night in Ho Chi Minh City.
"We are delighted to reveal the itinerary for this exciting new multi-country tour, taking travellers from Myanmar through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia to Vietnam, the tour is packed with insider moments that not every traveller has the chance to experience, led by expert local guides from each of the five countries the tour visits."
Stated the General Manager of Backyard Travel, Maeve Nolan.
The fantastic tour starts from $3682 per person and lasts 17 days and 16 nights. The trip can be tailor-made to suit individuals' requirements.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Treat you and your family to stay in vibrant city of Nha Trang where you will find that there is something for everyone
- You will find something to everyone's tastes at the hotel restaurant 'The Square', with its extensive global buffet
- The hotel includes both an outdoor pool bar and beach bar so you never have to go far to find that tropical cocktail
- All the rooms at the Novotel Nha trang have their own private balconies and idyllic sea views
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...