Construction started on new five-star hotel in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
The SunVesta Swiss Holding Group has announced that it is building a brand new luxury resort in the province of Guanacaste in Costa Rica. The hotel is scheduled to open its doors to tourists in late 2014 and it will feature 328 guest rooms, nine restaurants, eight bars, meeting space, and a beach club.
Costa Rica will receive a brand new luxury resort by the end of 2014 after SunVesta Swiss Holding Group announced that construction has begun on a property in the Gulf of Papagayo.
The new hotel will be located in the country's north-western province of Guanacaste and will feature 328 deluxe guest rooms, nine restaurants, eight bars, a beach club, and meeting facilities.
Named as the Paradisus Papagayo Bay Resort and Luxury Villas, the hotel will replace the Paradisus Playa Conchal hotel and it is being built in cooperation with the flagship brand of Melia Hotels International, Paradisus Resorts.
The luxury resort will be built on 21 hectares of land and according to the press release, its accommodation, facilities, and services "meets all required specifications to qualify as five-star hotel".
In May this year, the President and CEO of the SunVesta Group, Josef Mettler, said:
"SunVesta and DIA are thrilled to be partnering with Paradisus Resorts on this project, where we will combine high-end luxury with a sustainable eco-friendly development concept, resulting in a world-class eco-luxury resort with the highest service standards.
"We believe in investing in prime locations and working with the best companies to achieve the best ecological and financial results, and this project couldn't be a better example of our credo."
Guanacaste is the perfect destination for tourists who are looking for sunshine and fun in Costa Rica. The region boasts an array of pristine white sandy beaches and the Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and thriving wildlife.
In Costa Rica, holidaymakers can go surfing, hike up volcanoes, enjoy a night out in Tamarindo, or visit the beautiful Lake Arenal.
Costa Rica is a Central American country that is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes and the nation boasts over 1000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves which are teeming with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
The country was ranked as the happiest place in the world in the 2012 edition of the New Economics Foundation's Happy Planet.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...