Four Vietnam hotspots ranked in TripAdvisor's Top 25 destinations is Asia
Four towns and cities in Vietnam have been ranked among the top 25 destinations in Asia by the leading travel website, TripAdvisor.com. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, the central town of Hoi An, and Ha Long Bay were voted for by members of the site after they left reviews and recommendations and the winners were announced at the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice: Asia Destination Awards 2013 ceremony in Singapore last month.
Members of the leading travel reviews website, TripAdvisor, have ranked four towns and cities in Vietnam among the top 25 destinations in Asia. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, the central town of Hoi An, and the picturesque Ha Long Bay were voted for by members of TripAdvisor who left reviews or recommendations on the travel site.
The winners were announced at TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice: Asia Destination Awards 2013 ceremony which took place in Singapore last month.
The top 25 list was chosen from 412 of the best destinations across the world based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor's members. The winners were selected based on the popularity of individual destinations.
TripAdvisor members voted Hanoi in 14th place, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in 15th, the ancient town of Hoi An in 17th, and Ha Long, which is located in the northern province of Quang Ninh, was ranked 25th.
Speaking at the awards ceremony in Singapore, Robin Ingle, the Senior Vice President of TripAdvisor, said: "Vietnam's tourism industry is now appealing very broadly to global travellers and it is doing a phenomenal job."
Vietnam is a South East Asian country that is steeped in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of breathtaking natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
One of the most popular places to visit in Vietnam is Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site which boasts jagged limestone karsts and isles that soar up from calm jade waters.
During a tour of Vietnam, tourists can visit attractions such as the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the War Remnants Museum, the seven-storey-high Thien Mu Pagoda, Vinpearl Land, or the family-friendly Suoi Tien Amusement Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Perfect for families of all ages this trip combines an exciting stay in Hanoi with the island escape of Phu Quoc
- Ideal central location in Hanoi
- Amusement park and Safari on Phu Quoc island
- Ideal for a family adventure
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- Local English-speaking guides in each destination and entrance fees to all the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Located on the stunning Bai Dai beach, Vinpearl Phu Quoc Resort and Golf has it all to make your holiday unforgettable,...
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...