First contenders announced for next month's Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2013
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa will be hosting the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy next month and the first three contenders have been announced. Australia's Damien Hardman, Tom Curren from the United States, and Pedro Henrique of Brazil will be battling it out for the trophy at the luxury resort in front of visitors and guests visiting the Maldives.
The 2013 Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy contest will be taking place next month and the first three contenders have been revealed.
The event will be hosted at the Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, a popular resort for luxury holidays, and a total of six contenders will battle it out for the winning trophy.
The defending champion of the contest, Damien Hardman from Australia; second-timer Tom Curren from the United States; and newbie Pedro Henrique from Brazil are the first three competitors to be announced for this year's competition.
The surf contest will take place from 26th August to 2nd September, 2013 at the Maldives resort and the six ex-world champions will be battling it out for USD 25,000 prize money in three surfboard divisions: retro single-fins, twin-fins and modern thrusters.
The 2012 winner, Damien"Dooma" Hardman, will be returning to the contest for the third time and with more than 40 years of surfing experience, he has a distinct advantage over his opponents.
"It's great to be returning to Kuda Huraa's luxurious surrounds that I'll get to share with my wife Belinda, and she's as excited as me,"
"That being said, I'll be gunning for the Champions Trophy and the USD 25,000 prize money for sure."
Guests enjoying the Maldives at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa can watch the action live onboard the Four Seasons Explorer, an 11-cabin, three-deck catamaran vessel, or they can book the Group Surf and Stay package. The package is available from 26th August and 2nd September, 2013 and includes competition day passes, full board and transfers, and seven days of intense surfing with Tropicsurf's expert guides. A minimum booking of five rooms or more for seven nights applies.
Day passes are also available for members of the public who can watch the event from the Four Seasons Explorer.
In the Maldives, guests can enjoy upscale accommodation and facilities such as a selection of beachfront or poolside dining outlets and the Island Spa that is located on its own private island and can be accessed via a short trip across the lagoon on a traditional Maldivian dhoni.
Also hotel's PADI Five-Star Gold Palm Dive Centre offers diving trips to the thriving waters of the UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, while the modern fitness centre and large freshwater outdoor swimming pool provide plenty of opportunities to stay fit.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...