First contenders announced for next month's Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2013
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa will be hosting the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy next month and the first three contenders have been announced. Australia's Damien Hardman, Tom Curren from the United States, and Pedro Henrique of Brazil will be battling it out for the trophy at the luxury resort in front of visitors and guests visiting the Maldives.
The 2013 Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy contest will be taking place next month and the first three contenders have been revealed.
The event will be hosted at the Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, a popular resort for luxury holidays, and a total of six contenders will battle it out for the winning trophy.
The defending champion of the contest, Damien Hardman from Australia; second-timer Tom Curren from the United States; and newbie Pedro Henrique from Brazil are the first three competitors to be announced for this year's competition.
The surf contest will take place from 26th August to 2nd September, 2013 at the Maldives resort and the six ex-world champions will be battling it out for USD 25,000 prize money in three surfboard divisions: retro single-fins, twin-fins and modern thrusters.
The 2012 winner, Damien"Dooma" Hardman, will be returning to the contest for the third time and with more than 40 years of surfing experience, he has a distinct advantage over his opponents.
"It's great to be returning to Kuda Huraa's luxurious surrounds that I'll get to share with my wife Belinda, and she's as excited as me,"
"That being said, I'll be gunning for the Champions Trophy and the USD 25,000 prize money for sure."
Guests enjoying the Maldives at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa can watch the action live onboard the Four Seasons Explorer, an 11-cabin, three-deck catamaran vessel, or they can book the Group Surf and Stay package. The package is available from 26th August and 2nd September, 2013 and includes competition day passes, full board and transfers, and seven days of intense surfing with Tropicsurf's expert guides. A minimum booking of five rooms or more for seven nights applies.
Day passes are also available for members of the public who can watch the event from the Four Seasons Explorer.
In the Maldives, guests can enjoy upscale accommodation and facilities such as a selection of beachfront or poolside dining outlets and the Island Spa that is located on its own private island and can be accessed via a short trip across the lagoon on a traditional Maldivian dhoni.
Also hotel's PADI Five-Star Gold Palm Dive Centre offers diving trips to the thriving waters of the UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, while the modern fitness centre and large freshwater outdoor swimming pool provide plenty of opportunities to stay fit.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....