Photographers invited to enter Second Nature Eco-Photography contest in Cuba
Enthusiastic amateur and professional photographers are invited to take part in the Second Nature Photography Contest in Cuba. The contest allows photographers to capture the beautiful natural landscapes of the Protected Landscape Topes de Collantes, close to the Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray), while battling it out for some fantastic prizes and awards.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A. is inviting budding photographers to capture the beauty of Cuba in the Second Nature Photography Contest.
This year's competition will be taking place in the protected landscape Topes de Collantes, near the majestic Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray) and both amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in the event.
Photographers will have a myriad of stunning natural landscapes to choose from thanks to the area's rich biodiversity. With dense forests, natural ponds, cascading waterfalls, and winding rivers and streams, the area is a hotspot for tourists seeking eco-friendly holidays.
Entrants can choose from several trails to take their pictures such as La Batata, Codina, Caburni, Vegas Grandes, El Nicho, Camino de la Barbera, Guanayara, El Cubano, and Gruta Nengoa, plus night trails which will be dedicated to amphibians.
This year's themes for the contest fall under "Landscape", "Flora and Fauna", and "Man and Nature" and photographer can enter up to three images in each category.
Awards will be given to first, second and third winners and a Big Award will be given to the overall winner which includes a prize of a six-night all inclusive holiday at the five-star Cayo Santa Maria hotel for two people. The winners of the first prize in each of the categories will win a two-night stay for two people at Los Helechos Hotel, while the rest of the winners will each receive a Topes tour and one night's accommodation for two people.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A has put together a package for photographers who are looking to enter the competition. The package includes seven nights' accommodation in total with two nights in Havana and five nights in Topes de Collantes; all daily meals; and a specialised guide throughout the trip.
The contest has been designed to showcase the beautiful region and promote it as an area for sustainable holidays, while giving photographers the chance to capture some of the most dramatic and breathtaking natural landscapes in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...