Photographers invited to enter Second Nature Eco-Photography contest in Cuba
Enthusiastic amateur and professional photographers are invited to take part in the Second Nature Photography Contest in Cuba. The contest allows photographers to capture the beautiful natural landscapes of the Protected Landscape Topes de Collantes, close to the Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray), while battling it out for some fantastic prizes and awards.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A. is inviting budding photographers to capture the beauty of Cuba in the Second Nature Photography Contest.
This year's competition will be taking place in the protected landscape Topes de Collantes, near the majestic Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray) and both amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in the event.
Photographers will have a myriad of stunning natural landscapes to choose from thanks to the area's rich biodiversity. With dense forests, natural ponds, cascading waterfalls, and winding rivers and streams, the area is a hotspot for tourists seeking eco-friendly holidays.
Entrants can choose from several trails to take their pictures such as La Batata, Codina, Caburni, Vegas Grandes, El Nicho, Camino de la Barbera, Guanayara, El Cubano, and Gruta Nengoa, plus night trails which will be dedicated to amphibians.
This year's themes for the contest fall under "Landscape", "Flora and Fauna", and "Man and Nature" and photographer can enter up to three images in each category.
Awards will be given to first, second and third winners and a Big Award will be given to the overall winner which includes a prize of a six-night all inclusive holiday at the five-star Cayo Santa Maria hotel for two people. The winners of the first prize in each of the categories will win a two-night stay for two people at Los Helechos Hotel, while the rest of the winners will each receive a Topes tour and one night's accommodation for two people.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A has put together a package for photographers who are looking to enter the competition. The package includes seven nights' accommodation in total with two nights in Havana and five nights in Topes de Collantes; all daily meals; and a specialised guide throughout the trip.
The contest has been designed to showcase the beautiful region and promote it as an area for sustainable holidays, while giving photographers the chance to capture some of the most dramatic and breathtaking natural landscapes in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...