Photographers invited to enter Second Nature Eco-Photography contest in Cuba
Enthusiastic amateur and professional photographers are invited to take part in the Second Nature Photography Contest in Cuba. The contest allows photographers to capture the beautiful natural landscapes of the Protected Landscape Topes de Collantes, close to the Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray), while battling it out for some fantastic prizes and awards.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A. is inviting budding photographers to capture the beauty of Cuba in the Second Nature Photography Contest.
This year's competition will be taking place in the protected landscape Topes de Collantes, near the majestic Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray) and both amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in the event.
Photographers will have a myriad of stunning natural landscapes to choose from thanks to the area's rich biodiversity. With dense forests, natural ponds, cascading waterfalls, and winding rivers and streams, the area is a hotspot for tourists seeking eco-friendly holidays.
Entrants can choose from several trails to take their pictures such as La Batata, Codina, Caburni, Vegas Grandes, El Nicho, Camino de la Barbera, Guanayara, El Cubano, and Gruta Nengoa, plus night trails which will be dedicated to amphibians.
This year's themes for the contest fall under "Landscape", "Flora and Fauna", and "Man and Nature" and photographer can enter up to three images in each category.
Awards will be given to first, second and third winners and a Big Award will be given to the overall winner which includes a prize of a six-night all inclusive holiday at the five-star Cayo Santa Maria hotel for two people. The winners of the first prize in each of the categories will win a two-night stay for two people at Los Helechos Hotel, while the rest of the winners will each receive a Topes tour and one night's accommodation for two people.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A has put together a package for photographers who are looking to enter the competition. The package includes seven nights' accommodation in total with two nights in Havana and five nights in Topes de Collantes; all daily meals; and a specialised guide throughout the trip.
The contest has been designed to showcase the beautiful region and promote it as an area for sustainable holidays, while giving photographers the chance to capture some of the most dramatic and breathtaking natural landscapes in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...