Photographers invited to enter Second Nature Eco-Photography contest in Cuba
Enthusiastic amateur and professional photographers are invited to take part in the Second Nature Photography Contest in Cuba. The contest allows photographers to capture the beautiful natural landscapes of the Protected Landscape Topes de Collantes, close to the Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray), while battling it out for some fantastic prizes and awards.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A. is inviting budding photographers to capture the beauty of Cuba in the Second Nature Photography Contest.
This year's competition will be taking place in the protected landscape Topes de Collantes, near the majestic Guamuhaya mountain range (Escambray) and both amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in the event.
Photographers will have a myriad of stunning natural landscapes to choose from thanks to the area's rich biodiversity. With dense forests, natural ponds, cascading waterfalls, and winding rivers and streams, the area is a hotspot for tourists seeking eco-friendly holidays.
Entrants can choose from several trails to take their pictures such as La Batata, Codina, Caburni, Vegas Grandes, El Nicho, Camino de la Barbera, Guanayara, El Cubano, and Gruta Nengoa, plus night trails which will be dedicated to amphibians.
This year's themes for the contest fall under "Landscape", "Flora and Fauna", and "Man and Nature" and photographer can enter up to three images in each category.
Awards will be given to first, second and third winners and a Big Award will be given to the overall winner which includes a prize of a six-night all inclusive holiday at the five-star Cayo Santa Maria hotel for two people. The winners of the first prize in each of the categories will win a two-night stay for two people at Los Helechos Hotel, while the rest of the winners will each receive a Topes tour and one night's accommodation for two people.
The Gaviota Tourism Group, S.A has put together a package for photographers who are looking to enter the competition. The package includes seven nights' accommodation in total with two nights in Havana and five nights in Topes de Collantes; all daily meals; and a specialised guide throughout the trip.
The contest has been designed to showcase the beautiful region and promote it as an area for sustainable holidays, while giving photographers the chance to capture some of the most dramatic and breathtaking natural landscapes in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...