Sandals reveals new room category names for its hotels and resorts
Sandals Resorts International has revealed the new room category names for its Sandals and Beaches-branded hotels and resorts throughout the Caribbean. The hotel group operates an array of all inclusive properties for Caribbean holidays in destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Sandals Resorts International has renamed the room categories for all of its accommodation at its Sandals and Beaches hotels and resorts.
The hotel group is simplifying the titles of guest rooms and suites to make it easier for travel agents and tourists booking Caribbean holidays so they can easily identify the value and amenities of each room type.
"After listening to feedback from travel agents, we realised that creating simplified and intuitive category names helps eliminate confusion in the booking process," explained Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
"We hope the new system helps agents and their clients better understand our options, and provide them with a discernible difference when choosing the best room category based on preferences and expectations."
The new names will apply to each of the Luxury Included® Caribbean hotels and resort under the Sandals and Beaches brand and will be categorised by the room location, any distinguishing features such as Honeymoon or regular, room view, and room size and type.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Caribbean hotel in Montego Bay on the island of Jamaica in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the tourism and hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for guests.
The hotel group operates all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean under three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Holidaymakers can choose from holidays to the Caribbean in destinations such as Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
As well as providing luxury accommodation and facilities for tropical escapes, the hotel group's properties are a favourite for couples planning romantic weddings and honeymoons abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...