Sandals reveals new room category names for its hotels and resorts
Sandals Resorts International has revealed the new room category names for its Sandals and Beaches-branded hotels and resorts throughout the Caribbean. The hotel group operates an array of all inclusive properties for Caribbean holidays in destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Sandals Resorts International has renamed the room categories for all of its accommodation at its Sandals and Beaches hotels and resorts.
The hotel group is simplifying the titles of guest rooms and suites to make it easier for travel agents and tourists booking Caribbean holidays so they can easily identify the value and amenities of each room type.
"After listening to feedback from travel agents, we realised that creating simplified and intuitive category names helps eliminate confusion in the booking process," explained Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
"We hope the new system helps agents and their clients better understand our options, and provide them with a discernible difference when choosing the best room category based on preferences and expectations."
The new names will apply to each of the Luxury Included® Caribbean hotels and resort under the Sandals and Beaches brand and will be categorised by the room location, any distinguishing features such as Honeymoon or regular, room view, and room size and type.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Caribbean hotel in Montego Bay on the island of Jamaica in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the tourism and hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for guests.
The hotel group operates all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean under three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Holidaymakers can choose from holidays to the Caribbean in destinations such as Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
As well as providing luxury accommodation and facilities for tropical escapes, the hotel group's properties are a favourite for couples planning romantic weddings and honeymoons abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...