Sandals reveals new room category names for its hotels and resorts
Sandals Resorts International has revealed the new room category names for its Sandals and Beaches-branded hotels and resorts throughout the Caribbean. The hotel group operates an array of all inclusive properties for Caribbean holidays in destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Sandals Resorts International has renamed the room categories for all of its accommodation at its Sandals and Beaches hotels and resorts.
The hotel group is simplifying the titles of guest rooms and suites to make it easier for travel agents and tourists booking Caribbean holidays so they can easily identify the value and amenities of each room type.
"After listening to feedback from travel agents, we realised that creating simplified and intuitive category names helps eliminate confusion in the booking process," explained Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
"We hope the new system helps agents and their clients better understand our options, and provide them with a discernible difference when choosing the best room category based on preferences and expectations."
The new names will apply to each of the Luxury Included® Caribbean hotels and resort under the Sandals and Beaches brand and will be categorised by the room location, any distinguishing features such as Honeymoon or regular, room view, and room size and type.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Caribbean hotel in Montego Bay on the island of Jamaica in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the tourism and hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for guests.
The hotel group operates all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean under three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Holidaymakers can choose from holidays to the Caribbean in destinations such as Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
As well as providing luxury accommodation and facilities for tropical escapes, the hotel group's properties are a favourite for couples planning romantic weddings and honeymoons abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...