Starwood debuts Aloft brand in Mexico with new hotel in Cancun
Starwoods Hotels and Resort has added another Caribbean property to its portfolio after opening the Aloft Cancun earlier this month. Located Boulevard Kukulcan in the city's hotel zone, the hotels caters for both business travellers and tourists visiting Cancun. This is the hotel group's first Aloft-branded hotel in Mexico.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has opened its first Mexican Aloft-branded property in the popular coastal city of Cancun. The Aloft Cancun opened its doors to business guests and tourists visiting Cancun on 10th June, 2013.
The 177-room contemporary property is situated on Boulevard Kukulcan in the popular Hotel Zone and gives holidaymakers easy access to shops, restaurants, and the Cancun Centre. "This opening is an important step for Starwood as it marks our 29th hotel in Mexico and the entrance of our eighth brand in the country," stated Osvaldo Librizzi, the Co-President for the Americas.
The Cancun hotel's facilities include the WXYZ bar, a rooftop swimming pool; fitness centre; meeting space; the Nuk restaurant, and Re:mix communal lobby area with free wireless internet.
In Cancun tourists can enjoy breezy, spacious guest rooms with modern amenities such as mini-bars, coffee makers, free wireless internet, 42-inch flat screen TVs, desks and ergonomic chairs, and Bliss© bath products.
Starwood's Aloft brand debuted in Colombia in 2011 and there are now eight Aloft-branded properties in operation or under development across Latin America and Mexico.
The strip of Caribbean coastline located on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored white sandy beaches and dense mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Cancun is now Mexico's leading tourist destinations and the city is brimming with upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
Travellers seeking fun-packed holidays can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient an impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...