Starwood debuts Aloft brand in Mexico with new hotel in Cancun
Starwoods Hotels and Resort has added another Caribbean property to its portfolio after opening the Aloft Cancun earlier this month. Located Boulevard Kukulcan in the city's hotel zone, the hotels caters for both business travellers and tourists visiting Cancun. This is the hotel group's first Aloft-branded hotel in Mexico.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has opened its first Mexican Aloft-branded property in the popular coastal city of Cancun. The Aloft Cancun opened its doors to business guests and tourists visiting Cancun on 10th June, 2013.
The 177-room contemporary property is situated on Boulevard Kukulcan in the popular Hotel Zone and gives holidaymakers easy access to shops, restaurants, and the Cancun Centre. "This opening is an important step for Starwood as it marks our 29th hotel in Mexico and the entrance of our eighth brand in the country," stated Osvaldo Librizzi, the Co-President for the Americas.
The Cancun hotel's facilities include the WXYZ bar, a rooftop swimming pool; fitness centre; meeting space; the Nuk restaurant, and Re:mix communal lobby area with free wireless internet.
In Cancun tourists can enjoy breezy, spacious guest rooms with modern amenities such as mini-bars, coffee makers, free wireless internet, 42-inch flat screen TVs, desks and ergonomic chairs, and Bliss© bath products.
Starwood's Aloft brand debuted in Colombia in 2011 and there are now eight Aloft-branded properties in operation or under development across Latin America and Mexico.
The strip of Caribbean coastline located on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored white sandy beaches and dense mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Cancun is now Mexico's leading tourist destinations and the city is brimming with upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
Travellers seeking fun-packed holidays can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient an impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...