Starwood debuts Aloft brand in Mexico with new hotel in Cancun
Starwoods Hotels and Resort has added another Caribbean property to its portfolio after opening the Aloft Cancun earlier this month. Located Boulevard Kukulcan in the city's hotel zone, the hotels caters for both business travellers and tourists visiting Cancun. This is the hotel group's first Aloft-branded hotel in Mexico.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has opened its first Mexican Aloft-branded property in the popular coastal city of Cancun. The Aloft Cancun opened its doors to business guests and tourists visiting Cancun on 10th June, 2013.
The 177-room contemporary property is situated on Boulevard Kukulcan in the popular Hotel Zone and gives holidaymakers easy access to shops, restaurants, and the Cancun Centre. "This opening is an important step for Starwood as it marks our 29th hotel in Mexico and the entrance of our eighth brand in the country," stated Osvaldo Librizzi, the Co-President for the Americas.
The Cancun hotel's facilities include the WXYZ bar, a rooftop swimming pool; fitness centre; meeting space; the Nuk restaurant, and Re:mix communal lobby area with free wireless internet.
In Cancun tourists can enjoy breezy, spacious guest rooms with modern amenities such as mini-bars, coffee makers, free wireless internet, 42-inch flat screen TVs, desks and ergonomic chairs, and Bliss© bath products.
Starwood's Aloft brand debuted in Colombia in 2011 and there are now eight Aloft-branded properties in operation or under development across Latin America and Mexico.
The strip of Caribbean coastline located on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored white sandy beaches and dense mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Cancun is now Mexico's leading tourist destinations and the city is brimming with upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
Travellers seeking fun-packed holidays can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient an impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...