Daily flights from Dubai boost Vietnam golf and multi-destination tourism
Dubai's airline Emirates has made it easier for golf enthusiasts to visit Vietnam from Dubai after launching daily flights from Dubai to Ho Chi Minh City. The service began in early June and helps golfing travellers from the Middle East and Europe access Asia's exciting new golf tourism destination.
Vietnam has become Asia's newest golf tourism destination and Emirates airline has made it easier for tourists from the Middle East and Europe to access the golf courses by launching daily flights between Dubai (DXB) and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN).
Golf lovers can now take advantage of the new Vietnam and Dubai flights which started in early June, giving them a regular service to the Asian country which boasts world-class golf courses such as Montgomerie Links and Danang Golf Club.
Jon Tomlinson is the co-ordinator of Golf Coast Vietnam which is overseeing the development of the two golf courses, a new Nick Faldo-designed course due to open later this year, and the new Hyatt Regency Danang hotel. He expressed his delight over the new flights which could lead to a significant increase in multi-centre holidays combining Dubai and Vietnam.
"While Vietnam hasn't been historically synonymous with great golf, the launch of Golf Coast Vietnam and easy access from HCM through Danang's new international airport has made the region a ‘must play' golf experience in Asia," he explained.
"Additional historic cultural experiences at Hue and Hoi An, both UNESCO World Heritage cities, and the stunning coastline of Vietnam ensures visitors will take away a truly memorable experience and a great story of newly-discovered adventures."
Vietnam has less than 30 golf courses but they are of high quality and last month, US Golf Digest named Danang Golf Club, designed by Greg Norman, as the country's best layout while Montgomerie Links, which was designed by Colin Montgomerie, took third place.
The Banyan Tree Group has recently built the Laguna Lang Co, located 50 kilometres north of Danang and designed by Sir Nick Faldo. The course is scheduled to open later this year.
The International Association of Golf Tourism Operators is expecting 12 to 15 million golf enthusiasts to take an international golf holiday in 2013, with 75 per cent of these expected to visit Vietnam's three world-class courses.
The Vietnam and Dubai flights will depart from Dubai at 9.15 each morning, arriving in Ho Chi Minh City at 7.35pm the same day. The return flight to Dubai will leave at 9.10pm and arrives in the emirate at 1.05am next morning. There will be excellent connections to cities throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa allowing tourists from all over the world to enjoy Vietnam's golf offerings.
"It is a good time to connect Vietnam with the world via Dubai," stated Thierry Antinori, the Executive Vice-president of Emirates' Passenger Sales Worldwide. "Dubai's location between Vietnam and the West makes Emirates' move a winning combination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Discover two of Vietnam’s most cosmopolitan destinations, Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang, that both also boast a unique heritage
- Both resorts offer an extensive range of dining choices
- Unique facilities including an 18-hole golf course and amusement park in Nha Trang
- Try your hand at gambling in the Grand Hotel Saigon’s own casino
Combining exciting excursions and activities with the stunning heritage sites of central Vietnam, this trip has it all
Enjoy a beach side retreat with a variety of exciting activities that is also surrounded by three incredible UNESCO sites in the Da Nang area of Vietnam
- Stunning beachside accommodation with a modern Asian influence
- Golf courses designed by golfing legends and professionals a matter of minutes from the resort
- Resort activities including jet skiing, ocean kayaking, Tai Chi and many more
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- Local English-speaking guides in each destination and entrance fees to all the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...