Daily flights from Dubai boost Vietnam golf and multi-destination tourism
Dubai's airline Emirates has made it easier for golf enthusiasts to visit Vietnam from Dubai after launching daily flights from Dubai to Ho Chi Minh City. The service began in early June and helps golfing travellers from the Middle East and Europe access Asia's exciting new golf tourism destination.
Vietnam has become Asia's newest golf tourism destination and Emirates airline has made it easier for tourists from the Middle East and Europe to access the golf courses by launching daily flights between Dubai (DXB) and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN).
Golf lovers can now take advantage of the new Vietnam and Dubai flights which started in early June, giving them a regular service to the Asian country which boasts world-class golf courses such as Montgomerie Links and Danang Golf Club.
Jon Tomlinson is the co-ordinator of Golf Coast Vietnam which is overseeing the development of the two golf courses, a new Nick Faldo-designed course due to open later this year, and the new Hyatt Regency Danang hotel. He expressed his delight over the new flights which could lead to a significant increase in multi-centre holidays combining Dubai and Vietnam.
"While Vietnam hasn't been historically synonymous with great golf, the launch of Golf Coast Vietnam and easy access from HCM through Danang's new international airport has made the region a ‘must play' golf experience in Asia," he explained.
"Additional historic cultural experiences at Hue and Hoi An, both UNESCO World Heritage cities, and the stunning coastline of Vietnam ensures visitors will take away a truly memorable experience and a great story of newly-discovered adventures."
Vietnam has less than 30 golf courses but they are of high quality and last month, US Golf Digest named Danang Golf Club, designed by Greg Norman, as the country's best layout while Montgomerie Links, which was designed by Colin Montgomerie, took third place.
The Banyan Tree Group has recently built the Laguna Lang Co, located 50 kilometres north of Danang and designed by Sir Nick Faldo. The course is scheduled to open later this year.
The International Association of Golf Tourism Operators is expecting 12 to 15 million golf enthusiasts to take an international golf holiday in 2013, with 75 per cent of these expected to visit Vietnam's three world-class courses.
The Vietnam and Dubai flights will depart from Dubai at 9.15 each morning, arriving in Ho Chi Minh City at 7.35pm the same day. The return flight to Dubai will leave at 9.10pm and arrives in the emirate at 1.05am next morning. There will be excellent connections to cities throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa allowing tourists from all over the world to enjoy Vietnam's golf offerings.
"It is a good time to connect Vietnam with the world via Dubai," stated Thierry Antinori, the Executive Vice-president of Emirates' Passenger Sales Worldwide. "Dubai's location between Vietnam and the West makes Emirates' move a winning combination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Treat you and your family to stay in vibrant city of Nha Trang where you will find that there is something for everyone
- You will find something to everyone's tastes at the hotel restaurant 'The Square', with its extensive global buffet
- The hotel includes both an outdoor pool bar and beach bar so you never have to go far to find that tropical cocktail
- All the rooms at the Novotel Nha trang have their own private balconies and idyllic sea views
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...