Pestana Group to debut in Cuba with opening of hotel in Cayo Coco in July
Pestana, Portugal's largest hotel group, has announced that will be making its debut in the Cuba hotel market this year. The new four-star, 508-room Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after the location where it sits in the Jardines del Rey and will be open to holidaymakers visiting this beautiful Cuba region from July, 2013.
Cuba will be receiving a new hotel after Portugal's largest hotel group, Pestana, announced that it will be making its debut in the hotels market on the Caribbean island.
The Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after its location in the Jardines del Rey off the north coast of the Ciego de Avila province in central Cuba and it will be open to tourists visiting Cuba from July, 2013.
The new four-star all inclusive resort in Cayo Coco will have 508 guest rooms and a speciality restaurant that serves Portuguese cuisine.
The Prestana Group hope that the new hotel will appeal to the large Portuguese communities that can be found in Canada and Venezuela, two of Cuba's biggest outbound markets.
As well as launching the Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort in Cuba, the hotel group has a presence in South America with hotels in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, and it intended to expand its portfolio in the Americas.
Cayo Coco is a beautiful island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago in Cuba. The island boasts ten kilometres of white sandy beach fringed with crystal clear turquoise waters and lush tropical landscapes comprising virgin flora and fauna.
Holidaymakers can go snorkelling or scuba diving along the vibrant coral reef where they can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, snappers, red hinds, and parrotfish. The island is a hotspot for bird watching activities and visitors can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain. The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system, as well as 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...