Pestana Group to debut in Cuba with opening of hotel in Cayo Coco in July
Pestana, Portugal's largest hotel group, has announced that will be making its debut in the Cuba hotel market this year. The new four-star, 508-room Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after the location where it sits in the Jardines del Rey and will be open to holidaymakers visiting this beautiful Cuba region from July, 2013.
Cuba will be receiving a new hotel after Portugal's largest hotel group, Pestana, announced that it will be making its debut in the hotels market on the Caribbean island.
The Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after its location in the Jardines del Rey off the north coast of the Ciego de Avila province in central Cuba and it will be open to tourists visiting Cuba from July, 2013.
The new four-star all inclusive resort in Cayo Coco will have 508 guest rooms and a speciality restaurant that serves Portuguese cuisine.
The Prestana Group hope that the new hotel will appeal to the large Portuguese communities that can be found in Canada and Venezuela, two of Cuba's biggest outbound markets.
As well as launching the Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort in Cuba, the hotel group has a presence in South America with hotels in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, and it intended to expand its portfolio in the Americas.
Cayo Coco is a beautiful island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago in Cuba. The island boasts ten kilometres of white sandy beach fringed with crystal clear turquoise waters and lush tropical landscapes comprising virgin flora and fauna.
Holidaymakers can go snorkelling or scuba diving along the vibrant coral reef where they can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, snappers, red hinds, and parrotfish. The island is a hotspot for bird watching activities and visitors can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain. The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system, as well as 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...