Pestana Group to debut in Cuba with opening of hotel in Cayo Coco in July
Pestana, Portugal's largest hotel group, has announced that will be making its debut in the Cuba hotel market this year. The new four-star, 508-room Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after the location where it sits in the Jardines del Rey and will be open to holidaymakers visiting this beautiful Cuba region from July, 2013.
Cuba will be receiving a new hotel after Portugal's largest hotel group, Pestana, announced that it will be making its debut in the hotels market on the Caribbean island.
The Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after its location in the Jardines del Rey off the north coast of the Ciego de Avila province in central Cuba and it will be open to tourists visiting Cuba from July, 2013.
The new four-star all inclusive resort in Cayo Coco will have 508 guest rooms and a speciality restaurant that serves Portuguese cuisine.
The Prestana Group hope that the new hotel will appeal to the large Portuguese communities that can be found in Canada and Venezuela, two of Cuba's biggest outbound markets.
As well as launching the Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort in Cuba, the hotel group has a presence in South America with hotels in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, and it intended to expand its portfolio in the Americas.
Cayo Coco is a beautiful island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago in Cuba. The island boasts ten kilometres of white sandy beach fringed with crystal clear turquoise waters and lush tropical landscapes comprising virgin flora and fauna.
Holidaymakers can go snorkelling or scuba diving along the vibrant coral reef where they can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, snappers, red hinds, and parrotfish. The island is a hotspot for bird watching activities and visitors can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain. The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system, as well as 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...