Pestana Group to debut in Cuba with opening of hotel in Cayo Coco in July
Pestana, Portugal's largest hotel group, has announced that will be making its debut in the Cuba hotel market this year. The new four-star, 508-room Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after the location where it sits in the Jardines del Rey and will be open to holidaymakers visiting this beautiful Cuba region from July, 2013.
Cuba will be receiving a new hotel after Portugal's largest hotel group, Pestana, announced that it will be making its debut in the hotels market on the Caribbean island.
The Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort is named after its location in the Jardines del Rey off the north coast of the Ciego de Avila province in central Cuba and it will be open to tourists visiting Cuba from July, 2013.
The new four-star all inclusive resort in Cayo Coco will have 508 guest rooms and a speciality restaurant that serves Portuguese cuisine.
The Prestana Group hope that the new hotel will appeal to the large Portuguese communities that can be found in Canada and Venezuela, two of Cuba's biggest outbound markets.
As well as launching the Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort in Cuba, the hotel group has a presence in South America with hotels in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, and it intended to expand its portfolio in the Americas.
Cayo Coco is a beautiful island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago in Cuba. The island boasts ten kilometres of white sandy beach fringed with crystal clear turquoise waters and lush tropical landscapes comprising virgin flora and fauna.
Holidaymakers can go snorkelling or scuba diving along the vibrant coral reef where they can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, snappers, red hinds, and parrotfish. The island is a hotspot for bird watching activities and visitors can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain. The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system, as well as 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...