St Lucia recognised as "Best Island in the Caribbean" by Global Traveler Magazine
The Caribbean island of St Lucia has been named as the 'Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine. The breathtaking island is a hotspot for romantic breaks, weddings, and honeymoons, as well as family escapes and active trips due to its mountainous peaks, rolling hills, national parks, white sandy beaches, and turquoise ocean waters.
St Lucia is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and the Caribbean island nation has scooped the title of the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by the US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The island nation is a renowned for its natural beauty that comprises the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where tourists visiting St Lucia can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island's certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
Global Traveler Magazine is a monthly publication available in the United States which has more than 105,000 readers. The recent awards recognised the best in leisure travel with a focus on cruises, destinations, tour operators and luxury hotels and resorts.
"This is a testament that Saint Lucia is indeed a world class tourism destination and that the one-of-a-kind vacation experiences we deliver through our unique hotels and resorts, restaurants, sites and attractions and other soft adventure excursion partners, truly excites and lifts the senses of the thousands of visitors annually who grace our shores," explained the Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
He added: "We are thankful to the readers of Global Traveler for taking the time to recognize our Simply Beautiful island."
Holidaymakers will find a wide range of accommodation options for their Caribbean holidays on the island, from a luxury all inclusive resort such as Jade Mountain for couples or the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort for families, to a charming BandB nestled in the lush hillside.
In St Lucia, holidaymakers can discover a several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...