St Lucia recognised as "Best Island in the Caribbean" by Global Traveler Magazine
The Caribbean island of St Lucia has been named as the 'Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine. The breathtaking island is a hotspot for romantic breaks, weddings, and honeymoons, as well as family escapes and active trips due to its mountainous peaks, rolling hills, national parks, white sandy beaches, and turquoise ocean waters.
St Lucia is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and the Caribbean island nation has scooped the title of the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by the US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The island nation is a renowned for its natural beauty that comprises the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where tourists visiting St Lucia can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island's certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
Global Traveler Magazine is a monthly publication available in the United States which has more than 105,000 readers. The recent awards recognised the best in leisure travel with a focus on cruises, destinations, tour operators and luxury hotels and resorts.
"This is a testament that Saint Lucia is indeed a world class tourism destination and that the one-of-a-kind vacation experiences we deliver through our unique hotels and resorts, restaurants, sites and attractions and other soft adventure excursion partners, truly excites and lifts the senses of the thousands of visitors annually who grace our shores," explained the Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
He added: "We are thankful to the readers of Global Traveler for taking the time to recognize our Simply Beautiful island."
Holidaymakers will find a wide range of accommodation options for their Caribbean holidays on the island, from a luxury all inclusive resort such as Jade Mountain for couples or the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort for families, to a charming BandB nestled in the lush hillside.
In St Lucia, holidaymakers can discover a several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...