St Lucia recognised as "Best Island in the Caribbean" by Global Traveler Magazine
The Caribbean island of St Lucia has been named as the 'Best Island in the Caribbean' by US-based Global Traveler magazine. The breathtaking island is a hotspot for romantic breaks, weddings, and honeymoons, as well as family escapes and active trips due to its mountainous peaks, rolling hills, national parks, white sandy beaches, and turquoise ocean waters.
St Lucia is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and the Caribbean island nation has scooped the title of the ‘Best Island in the Caribbean' by the US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The island nation is a renowned for its natural beauty that comprises the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where tourists visiting St Lucia can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island's certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays in St Lucia.
Global Traveler Magazine is a monthly publication available in the United States which has more than 105,000 readers. The recent awards recognised the best in leisure travel with a focus on cruises, destinations, tour operators and luxury hotels and resorts.
"This is a testament that Saint Lucia is indeed a world class tourism destination and that the one-of-a-kind vacation experiences we deliver through our unique hotels and resorts, restaurants, sites and attractions and other soft adventure excursion partners, truly excites and lifts the senses of the thousands of visitors annually who grace our shores," explained the Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
He added: "We are thankful to the readers of Global Traveler for taking the time to recognize our Simply Beautiful island."
Holidaymakers will find a wide range of accommodation options for their Caribbean holidays on the island, from a luxury all inclusive resort such as Jade Mountain for couples or the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort for families, to a charming BandB nestled in the lush hillside.
In St Lucia, holidaymakers can discover a several attractions and sites including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet beach. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...