Le Touessrok hotel wins Ultratravel's 2013 best hotel in Africa award
Sun Resort's Le Touessrok Mauritius hotel has been named Ultratravel magazine's 2013 winner of "Best Hotel in Africa and the Indian Ocean" award. This is now the third consecutive year in which the Le Touessrok hotel has come out on top in the prestigious Ultratravel Awards. The announcement was made at the recent ceremony held at London's Dorchester hotel.
The Daily Telegraph's Ultratravel magazine has recently awarded Sun Resort's luxury five star Le Touessrok hotel in the Mauritius the "Ultratravel Best Hotel in Africa and the Indian Ocean" award.
The announcement was made at the awards ceremony, which took place on the 20th May at London's trendy Dorchester hotel with a slew of TV personalities, celebrities and key players in the luxury hotels industry in attendance.
The resort's victory was made even sweeter in light of the stiff competition in the luxury Africa hotel market, the impressive list of nominees included the Seychelles' Banyan Tree, Cape Town's Mount Nelson and Cape Grace, the OneandOnly Reethi Rah Maldives hotel and The Oberoi in Mauritius.
On winning the award Sun Resorts' Chief Marketing Officer Arnaud Martin noted, "The Ultratravel Award is a brilliant accolade for Le Touessrok. We are delighted to note how guests in the United Kingdom consider our resort as the best in its category. We thank them for their loyalty. I also congratulate the staff and management of Le Touessrok, and our global marketing team, for their dedication"
Notably, this has been the third consecutive year in which Le Touessrok has been awarded the coveted title, an unprecedented feat in the history of the awards which further cements Le Touessrok's position in the prestigious consortium of elite luxury hotels known as The Leading Hotels of the World.
"At Le Touessrok, we pride ourselves in offering guests a unique experience with luxury, peaceful atmosphere and chic beach living. This is undeniably what makes this heavenly destination so special. Winning the Ultratravel Awards for the third time in a row is an achievement for us" stated Sjefke Jansen, General Manager at Le Touessrok hotel.
Ultratravel magazine is one of the highest circulation travel publications in the UK with over a million readers. The winners of the annual Ultratravel Awards are selected by Ultratravel readers themselves with a host of categories ranging from best hotel, airline and airport to the best holiday destinations.
Le Touessrok is the Sun Resort's crown jewel and its best known for its superb location on the Mauritius' east coast in the secluded Trou d'Eau Douce bay. Popular features include four private white sand beaches; three restaurants, four tennis courts, an 18-hole Bernhard Langer designed gold course and a Givenchy spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Discover Mauritius an island rich in cultural legacy off the east coast of Madagascar, the island features breathtaking...