Le Touessrok hotel wins Ultratravel's 2013 best hotel in Africa award
Sun Resort's Le Touessrok Mauritius hotel has been named Ultratravel magazine's 2013 winner of "Best Hotel in Africa and the Indian Ocean" award. This is now the third consecutive year in which the Le Touessrok hotel has come out on top in the prestigious Ultratravel Awards. The announcement was made at the recent ceremony held at London's Dorchester hotel.
The Daily Telegraph's Ultratravel magazine has recently awarded Sun Resort's luxury five star Le Touessrok hotel in the Mauritius the "Ultratravel Best Hotel in Africa and the Indian Ocean" award.
The announcement was made at the awards ceremony, which took place on the 20th May at London's trendy Dorchester hotel with a slew of TV personalities, celebrities and key players in the luxury hotels industry in attendance.
The resort's victory was made even sweeter in light of the stiff competition in the luxury Africa hotel market, the impressive list of nominees included the Seychelles' Banyan Tree, Cape Town's Mount Nelson and Cape Grace, the OneandOnly Reethi Rah Maldives hotel and The Oberoi in Mauritius.
On winning the award Sun Resorts' Chief Marketing Officer Arnaud Martin noted, "The Ultratravel Award is a brilliant accolade for Le Touessrok. We are delighted to note how guests in the United Kingdom consider our resort as the best in its category. We thank them for their loyalty. I also congratulate the staff and management of Le Touessrok, and our global marketing team, for their dedication"
Notably, this has been the third consecutive year in which Le Touessrok has been awarded the coveted title, an unprecedented feat in the history of the awards which further cements Le Touessrok's position in the prestigious consortium of elite luxury hotels known as The Leading Hotels of the World.
"At Le Touessrok, we pride ourselves in offering guests a unique experience with luxury, peaceful atmosphere and chic beach living. This is undeniably what makes this heavenly destination so special. Winning the Ultratravel Awards for the third time in a row is an achievement for us" stated Sjefke Jansen, General Manager at Le Touessrok hotel.
Ultratravel magazine is one of the highest circulation travel publications in the UK with over a million readers. The winners of the annual Ultratravel Awards are selected by Ultratravel readers themselves with a host of categories ranging from best hotel, airline and airport to the best holiday destinations.
Le Touessrok is the Sun Resort's crown jewel and its best known for its superb location on the Mauritius' east coast in the secluded Trou d'Eau Douce bay. Popular features include four private white sand beaches; three restaurants, four tennis courts, an 18-hole Bernhard Langer designed gold course and a Givenchy spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...