Outrigger Hotels and Resorts buys Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius
Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has announced that is has recently acquired the Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius from Dubai's Kingdom Hotel Investments. The luxury beachfront 181-room property closed to guests on 29th May, 2013 for extensive refurbishments and it will open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Mauritius by the end of the year.
The Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius has been purchased by Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts. The 181-room resort is located on the southwest coast of the Indian Ocean island and will be closed for 6 months to tourists taking Mauritius holidays while extensive renovations are carried out and it reopens as the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa.
"This acquisition marks the exciting new expansion of Outrigger into the Indian Ocean," stated David Carey, the President and CEO of Outrigger Enterprises Group.
"With over 66 years' of experience in tropical, beachfront resort destinations, our acquisition of this beautiful, absolute beachfront property in the south of Mauritius fits perfectly with our expansion strategies. We plan to have Outrigger resorts in the best beachfront locations in the best resort destinations in the Asia-Pacific region."
When it reopen, the Mauritius hotel's facilities will include a lavish 1,800 square metre spa, three swimming pools, a children's club and pool, and three gourmet restaurants.
Accommodation will boast views of the white sand beach and the turquoise ocean and the hotel will have a Club level of guest rooms and suite that will provide a high end experience for tourists seeking luxurious holidays in Mauritius.
The newly named Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa is located 45 minutes from the airport and is surrounded by the lush nature preserve of Bel Ombre.
This is the first Indian Ocean property for Outrigger hotels and Resort who currently has hotels throughout the Asia-Pacific region in Phi Phi Island, Thailand, Sanya, Hainan Island, China; and Quy Nhon, Vietnam.
"The Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa will reflect the hospitality, warmth and flavours of Mauritius," added Darren Edmonstone, the Outrigger managing director of Asia-Pacific. "The property is well suited for families and couples seeking a luxurious beach holiday in a peaceful and welcoming cross-cultural setting for which this island nation is so famous."
Situated off the southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is an island nation and a popular destination for honeymoons, weddings, romantic getaways and family escapes. The island boasts miles of palm-fringed soft sand beaches; lush tropical forests and undulating hills; sparkling azure ocean waters; and an abundance of land and marine wildlife.
Mauritius is perfect for holidaymakers to take part in several activities such as golf, pampering spa treatments, shopping in Port Louis, excursions to historic castles, bird watching in Casela Bird Park, sailing, or scuba diving and snorkelling within the surrounding warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...