Outrigger Hotels and Resorts buys Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius
Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has announced that is has recently acquired the Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius from Dubai's Kingdom Hotel Investments. The luxury beachfront 181-room property closed to guests on 29th May, 2013 for extensive refurbishments and it will open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Mauritius by the end of the year.
The Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius has been purchased by Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts. The 181-room resort is located on the southwest coast of the Indian Ocean island and will be closed for 6 months to tourists taking Mauritius holidays while extensive renovations are carried out and it reopens as the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa.
"This acquisition marks the exciting new expansion of Outrigger into the Indian Ocean," stated David Carey, the President and CEO of Outrigger Enterprises Group.
"With over 66 years' of experience in tropical, beachfront resort destinations, our acquisition of this beautiful, absolute beachfront property in the south of Mauritius fits perfectly with our expansion strategies. We plan to have Outrigger resorts in the best beachfront locations in the best resort destinations in the Asia-Pacific region."
When it reopen, the Mauritius hotel's facilities will include a lavish 1,800 square metre spa, three swimming pools, a children's club and pool, and three gourmet restaurants.
Accommodation will boast views of the white sand beach and the turquoise ocean and the hotel will have a Club level of guest rooms and suite that will provide a high end experience for tourists seeking luxurious holidays in Mauritius.
The newly named Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa is located 45 minutes from the airport and is surrounded by the lush nature preserve of Bel Ombre.
This is the first Indian Ocean property for Outrigger hotels and Resort who currently has hotels throughout the Asia-Pacific region in Phi Phi Island, Thailand, Sanya, Hainan Island, China; and Quy Nhon, Vietnam.
"The Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa will reflect the hospitality, warmth and flavours of Mauritius," added Darren Edmonstone, the Outrigger managing director of Asia-Pacific. "The property is well suited for families and couples seeking a luxurious beach holiday in a peaceful and welcoming cross-cultural setting for which this island nation is so famous."
Situated off the southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is an island nation and a popular destination for honeymoons, weddings, romantic getaways and family escapes. The island boasts miles of palm-fringed soft sand beaches; lush tropical forests and undulating hills; sparkling azure ocean waters; and an abundance of land and marine wildlife.
Mauritius is perfect for holidaymakers to take part in several activities such as golf, pampering spa treatments, shopping in Port Louis, excursions to historic castles, bird watching in Casela Bird Park, sailing, or scuba diving and snorkelling within the surrounding warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...