British Culture Week kicks off in Cuba
This week sees the United Kingdom's second culture week take place in Cuba's capital, Havana. The British culture festival will feature movies theatre, dance and music under the slogan "Seven Days with Swing" and tourists in Havana, Cuba will be able to watch live concerts, film screenings, and cartoons, while learning about vital environmental issues.
Havana is in full swing this week after the one-week British Culture Festival kicked off at the weekend.
This is the second United Kingdom's culture week in Cuba and the event will feature films, music, theatre and dance under the "Seven Days with Swing" slogan. Tourists in Havana, Cuba between now and 8th June, 2013 will have the chance to watch live concerts, film screenings and dance performances.
The Tremendonga party, named after a song by the popular Cuban band, Qva Libre, will feature live performances from brothers David and Ernesto Blanco, singer Luna Manzanares, and Salon Rosado de la Tropical.
As well as showcasing British culture in Cuba, the festival will highlight vital environmental issues. The event is sponsored by the UK embassy, the Cuban Ministry Culture and institutions such as Damian Donestevez/Taken from Radio Havana Cuba.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the Bahamas. The communist island is rich in history, heritage, culture and breathtaking natural scenery. In Cuba visitors can relax on pristine white and golden sand beaches; swim in azure ocean waters; scuba dive and explore the world's second largest barrier reef; or hike through verdant nature reserves including the Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra.
Cuba's capital, Havana, is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture, and Cuban charm.
Also holidaymakers can soak up the sunshine in coastal resorts such as Varadero, or head to virgin cays in the popular Jardines del Rey archipelago and enjoy crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system thriving with spectacular marine species.
The island nation boasts a selection of mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts to choose from and the country is becoming a popular destination for golf holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...