British Culture Week kicks off in Cuba
This week sees the United Kingdom's second culture week take place in Cuba's capital, Havana. The British culture festival will feature movies theatre, dance and music under the slogan "Seven Days with Swing" and tourists in Havana, Cuba will be able to watch live concerts, film screenings, and cartoons, while learning about vital environmental issues.
Havana is in full swing this week after the one-week British Culture Festival kicked off at the weekend.
This is the second United Kingdom's culture week in Cuba and the event will feature films, music, theatre and dance under the "Seven Days with Swing" slogan. Tourists in Havana, Cuba between now and 8th June, 2013 will have the chance to watch live concerts, film screenings and dance performances.
The Tremendonga party, named after a song by the popular Cuban band, Qva Libre, will feature live performances from brothers David and Ernesto Blanco, singer Luna Manzanares, and Salon Rosado de la Tropical.
As well as showcasing British culture in Cuba, the festival will highlight vital environmental issues. The event is sponsored by the UK embassy, the Cuban Ministry Culture and institutions such as Damian Donestevez/Taken from Radio Havana Cuba.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the Bahamas. The communist island is rich in history, heritage, culture and breathtaking natural scenery. In Cuba visitors can relax on pristine white and golden sand beaches; swim in azure ocean waters; scuba dive and explore the world's second largest barrier reef; or hike through verdant nature reserves including the Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra.
Cuba's capital, Havana, is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture, and Cuban charm.
Also holidaymakers can soak up the sunshine in coastal resorts such as Varadero, or head to virgin cays in the popular Jardines del Rey archipelago and enjoy crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system thriving with spectacular marine species.
The island nation boasts a selection of mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts to choose from and the country is becoming a popular destination for golf holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...