British Culture Week kicks off in Cuba
This week sees the United Kingdom's second culture week take place in Cuba's capital, Havana. The British culture festival will feature movies theatre, dance and music under the slogan "Seven Days with Swing" and tourists in Havana, Cuba will be able to watch live concerts, film screenings, and cartoons, while learning about vital environmental issues.
Havana is in full swing this week after the one-week British Culture Festival kicked off at the weekend.
This is the second United Kingdom's culture week in Cuba and the event will feature films, music, theatre and dance under the "Seven Days with Swing" slogan. Tourists in Havana, Cuba between now and 8th June, 2013 will have the chance to watch live concerts, film screenings and dance performances.
The Tremendonga party, named after a song by the popular Cuban band, Qva Libre, will feature live performances from brothers David and Ernesto Blanco, singer Luna Manzanares, and Salon Rosado de la Tropical.
As well as showcasing British culture in Cuba, the festival will highlight vital environmental issues. The event is sponsored by the UK embassy, the Cuban Ministry Culture and institutions such as Damian Donestevez/Taken from Radio Havana Cuba.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the Bahamas. The communist island is rich in history, heritage, culture and breathtaking natural scenery. In Cuba visitors can relax on pristine white and golden sand beaches; swim in azure ocean waters; scuba dive and explore the world's second largest barrier reef; or hike through verdant nature reserves including the Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra.
Cuba's capital, Havana, is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture, and Cuban charm.
Also holidaymakers can soak up the sunshine in coastal resorts such as Varadero, or head to virgin cays in the popular Jardines del Rey archipelago and enjoy crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system thriving with spectacular marine species.
The island nation boasts a selection of mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts to choose from and the country is becoming a popular destination for golf holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...