British Culture Week kicks off in Cuba
This week sees the United Kingdom's second culture week take place in Cuba's capital, Havana. The British culture festival will feature movies theatre, dance and music under the slogan "Seven Days with Swing" and tourists in Havana, Cuba will be able to watch live concerts, film screenings, and cartoons, while learning about vital environmental issues.
Havana is in full swing this week after the one-week British Culture Festival kicked off at the weekend.
This is the second United Kingdom's culture week in Cuba and the event will feature films, music, theatre and dance under the "Seven Days with Swing" slogan. Tourists in Havana, Cuba between now and 8th June, 2013 will have the chance to watch live concerts, film screenings and dance performances.
The Tremendonga party, named after a song by the popular Cuban band, Qva Libre, will feature live performances from brothers David and Ernesto Blanco, singer Luna Manzanares, and Salon Rosado de la Tropical.
As well as showcasing British culture in Cuba, the festival will highlight vital environmental issues. The event is sponsored by the UK embassy, the Cuban Ministry Culture and institutions such as Damian Donestevez/Taken from Radio Havana Cuba.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the Bahamas. The communist island is rich in history, heritage, culture and breathtaking natural scenery. In Cuba visitors can relax on pristine white and golden sand beaches; swim in azure ocean waters; scuba dive and explore the world's second largest barrier reef; or hike through verdant nature reserves including the Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra.
Cuba's capital, Havana, is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture, and Cuban charm.
Also holidaymakers can soak up the sunshine in coastal resorts such as Varadero, or head to virgin cays in the popular Jardines del Rey archipelago and enjoy crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system thriving with spectacular marine species.
The island nation boasts a selection of mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts to choose from and the country is becoming a popular destination for golf holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...