Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrate fifth wedding anniversary with Cuba holidays
Only a few weeks ago, the famous couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary while relaxing on Cuba holidays. During their stay in the capital, Havana, the A-listers visited some of the most emblematic spots of the city.
A few weeks ago, the famous American pop star, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, along with her husband Jay-Z, her mother Tina Knowles and her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, went on relaxing holidays to Cuba. The 16-time Grammy-winner celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary, which took place 4th April. During their time on the island Beyonce and Jay-Z stayed at one of Havana’s most famous hotels and visited some of the city’s most emblematic sites.
The couple spent their nights at the Saratoga Hotel, located in Old Havana. This establishment, which combines charming early 19th century elements with a tasteful and modern décor as well as first-rate facilities, is one of the top hotels in Havana. One of its most attractive features is the excellent location near the famous Capitol building, and the restaurant-bar El Floridita, which is renowned for being Ernest Hemingway’s favourite bar, as well as the venue where the country’s best daiquiris are served.
Both, Beyonce and Jay-Z took advantage of their city-centre location and toured around Old Havana, while many Cuban fans asked for autographs and pictures. The couple was photographed around Obispo, which is one of the main access points of the colonial heart of the Old Town, and during their tour, they took pictures with local school children and Jay-Z showed his love for Cuban cigars as he puffed away in front of the cameras.
Another one of the hotspots that the A-listers visited, making a huge buzz, was the well-known La Guarida restaurant. Located on the top floor of a spectacularly dilapidated Havana residence, La Guarida is famous for being the setting of the Oscar-nominated Cuban film, Fresa y Chocolate. The dining experience is considered to be one of Havana’s best, with its magnificent blend of Nueva Cocina Cubana (New Cuban Cuisine) into dishes like sea bass in coconut reduction and chicken with honey and lemon sauce. However, this dinner was not the intimate affair Beyonce and Jay-Z had hoped. The over-excited Cuban fans outside the restaurant had to be contained by the police in order to let them calmly enjoy their meal.
The couple also caused a commotion in the US, as two Republican congressmen from Florida questioned their visit to the island, as Cuba holidays are off-limits to all US citizens unless travelling with a special visa or taking a trip to the country strictly under educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...