Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrate fifth wedding anniversary with Cuba holidays
Only a few weeks ago, the famous couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary while relaxing on Cuba holidays. During their stay in the capital, Havana, the A-listers visited some of the most emblematic spots of the city.
A few weeks ago, the famous American pop star, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, along with her husband Jay-Z, her mother Tina Knowles and her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, went on relaxing holidays to Cuba. The 16-time Grammy-winner celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary, which took place 4th April. During their time on the island Beyonce and Jay-Z stayed at one of Havana’s most famous hotels and visited some of the city’s most emblematic sites.
The couple spent their nights at the Saratoga Hotel, located in Old Havana. This establishment, which combines charming early 19th century elements with a tasteful and modern décor as well as first-rate facilities, is one of the top hotels in Havana. One of its most attractive features is the excellent location near the famous Capitol building, and the restaurant-bar El Floridita, which is renowned for being Ernest Hemingway’s favourite bar, as well as the venue where the country’s best daiquiris are served.
Both, Beyonce and Jay-Z took advantage of their city-centre location and toured around Old Havana, while many Cuban fans asked for autographs and pictures. The couple was photographed around Obispo, which is one of the main access points of the colonial heart of the Old Town, and during their tour, they took pictures with local school children and Jay-Z showed his love for Cuban cigars as he puffed away in front of the cameras.
Another one of the hotspots that the A-listers visited, making a huge buzz, was the well-known La Guarida restaurant. Located on the top floor of a spectacularly dilapidated Havana residence, La Guarida is famous for being the setting of the Oscar-nominated Cuban film, Fresa y Chocolate. The dining experience is considered to be one of Havana’s best, with its magnificent blend of Nueva Cocina Cubana (New Cuban Cuisine) into dishes like sea bass in coconut reduction and chicken with honey and lemon sauce. However, this dinner was not the intimate affair Beyonce and Jay-Z had hoped. The over-excited Cuban fans outside the restaurant had to be contained by the police in order to let them calmly enjoy their meal.
The couple also caused a commotion in the US, as two Republican congressmen from Florida questioned their visit to the island, as Cuba holidays are off-limits to all US citizens unless travelling with a special visa or taking a trip to the country strictly under educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...