Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrate fifth wedding anniversary with Cuba holidays
Only a few weeks ago, the famous couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary while relaxing on Cuba holidays. During their stay in the capital, Havana, the A-listers visited some of the most emblematic spots of the city.
A few weeks ago, the famous American pop star, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, along with her husband Jay-Z, her mother Tina Knowles and her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, went on relaxing holidays to Cuba. The 16-time Grammy-winner celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary, which took place 4th April. During their time on the island Beyonce and Jay-Z stayed at one of Havana’s most famous hotels and visited some of the city’s most emblematic sites.
The couple spent their nights at the Saratoga Hotel, located in Old Havana. This establishment, which combines charming early 19th century elements with a tasteful and modern décor as well as first-rate facilities, is one of the top hotels in Havana. One of its most attractive features is the excellent location near the famous Capitol building, and the restaurant-bar El Floridita, which is renowned for being Ernest Hemingway’s favourite bar, as well as the venue where the country’s best daiquiris are served.
Both, Beyonce and Jay-Z took advantage of their city-centre location and toured around Old Havana, while many Cuban fans asked for autographs and pictures. The couple was photographed around Obispo, which is one of the main access points of the colonial heart of the Old Town, and during their tour, they took pictures with local school children and Jay-Z showed his love for Cuban cigars as he puffed away in front of the cameras.
Another one of the hotspots that the A-listers visited, making a huge buzz, was the well-known La Guarida restaurant. Located on the top floor of a spectacularly dilapidated Havana residence, La Guarida is famous for being the setting of the Oscar-nominated Cuban film, Fresa y Chocolate. The dining experience is considered to be one of Havana’s best, with its magnificent blend of Nueva Cocina Cubana (New Cuban Cuisine) into dishes like sea bass in coconut reduction and chicken with honey and lemon sauce. However, this dinner was not the intimate affair Beyonce and Jay-Z had hoped. The over-excited Cuban fans outside the restaurant had to be contained by the police in order to let them calmly enjoy their meal.
The couple also caused a commotion in the US, as two Republican congressmen from Florida questioned their visit to the island, as Cuba holidays are off-limits to all US citizens unless travelling with a special visa or taking a trip to the country strictly under educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...