Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrate fifth wedding anniversary with Cuba holidays
Only a few weeks ago, the famous couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary while relaxing on Cuba holidays. During their stay in the capital, Havana, the A-listers visited some of the most emblematic spots of the city.
A few weeks ago, the famous American pop star, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, along with her husband Jay-Z, her mother Tina Knowles and her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, went on relaxing holidays to Cuba. The 16-time Grammy-winner celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary, which took place 4th April. During their time on the island Beyonce and Jay-Z stayed at one of Havana’s most famous hotels and visited some of the city’s most emblematic sites.
The couple spent their nights at the Saratoga Hotel, located in Old Havana. This establishment, which combines charming early 19th century elements with a tasteful and modern décor as well as first-rate facilities, is one of the top hotels in Havana. One of its most attractive features is the excellent location near the famous Capitol building, and the restaurant-bar El Floridita, which is renowned for being Ernest Hemingway’s favourite bar, as well as the venue where the country’s best daiquiris are served.
Both, Beyonce and Jay-Z took advantage of their city-centre location and toured around Old Havana, while many Cuban fans asked for autographs and pictures. The couple was photographed around Obispo, which is one of the main access points of the colonial heart of the Old Town, and during their tour, they took pictures with local school children and Jay-Z showed his love for Cuban cigars as he puffed away in front of the cameras.
Another one of the hotspots that the A-listers visited, making a huge buzz, was the well-known La Guarida restaurant. Located on the top floor of a spectacularly dilapidated Havana residence, La Guarida is famous for being the setting of the Oscar-nominated Cuban film, Fresa y Chocolate. The dining experience is considered to be one of Havana’s best, with its magnificent blend of Nueva Cocina Cubana (New Cuban Cuisine) into dishes like sea bass in coconut reduction and chicken with honey and lemon sauce. However, this dinner was not the intimate affair Beyonce and Jay-Z had hoped. The over-excited Cuban fans outside the restaurant had to be contained by the police in order to let them calmly enjoy their meal.
The couple also caused a commotion in the US, as two Republican congressmen from Florida questioned their visit to the island, as Cuba holidays are off-limits to all US citizens unless travelling with a special visa or taking a trip to the country strictly under educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...