Classic Journeys adds Cuba Holidays to its portfolio with new People-to-People cultural exchange programmes
Classic Journeys, an award-winning cultural travel company, will be helping American citizens plan and book Cuba holidays after it introduced its people-to-people cultural programmes to the island nation. The Caribbean country has been off limits to U.S. travellers for more than 50 years due to an ongoing travel embargo but restrictions have been relaxed under President Obama's new laws.
U.S. travellers will now have more options if they want to visit the island of Cuba after the award-winning travel company Classic Journeys recently introduced people-to-people cultural programmes to Cuba to its services.
American citizens will now be able to book Cuba holidays through the travel company after it received a licence from US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC).
For more than 50 years, the Caribbean island has been off limits to U.S residents because of the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. In 2011, the U.S. President, Barack Obama, eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for Americans who were visiting the island for professional, cultural, educational or religious reasons.
Classic Journeys’ new itineraries come under the educational cultural exchanges as President Obama seeks new ways to improve relations with the Cuban people.
The travel company has created a full, guided programme of educational encounters and personal meetings with Cuban people from all walks of life so travellers can experience the country’s authenticity during their holidays in Cuba.
The itinerary includes tours of historical, economic and ecological attractions and sights; meetings with artists from Luyano area, a local community development project; tours of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Habana Vieja; visits to working coffee and tobacco farms where tourists can meet with campesinos while they work in the fields; and opportunities to meet the teachers and students in a small village school.
“We are thrilled to add this people-to-people exchange to our line-up of cultural walking adventures,” explained the founder of Classic Journeys, Edward Piegza.
“We’ve maintained a lifelong belief at Classic Journeys in the power of travel to create and sustain powerful cultural connections, and so this program in Cuba was a natural addition to our portfolio. With this programme, we’ll now be able to offer interested travellers direct personal engagement with a culture and place which has had highly limited access to Americans.”
The new holidays to Cuba will be available in June, October, November, and December 2013, and January, February, March, and April, 2014.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history. The island boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...