Classic Journeys adds Cuba Holidays to its portfolio with new People-to-People cultural exchange programmes
Classic Journeys, an award-winning cultural travel company, will be helping American citizens plan and book Cuba holidays after it introduced its people-to-people cultural programmes to the island nation. The Caribbean country has been off limits to U.S. travellers for more than 50 years due to an ongoing travel embargo but restrictions have been relaxed under President Obama's new laws.
U.S. travellers will now have more options if they want to visit the island of Cuba after the award-winning travel company Classic Journeys recently introduced people-to-people cultural programmes to Cuba to its services.
American citizens will now be able to book Cuba holidays through the travel company after it received a licence from US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC).
For more than 50 years, the Caribbean island has been off limits to U.S residents because of the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. In 2011, the U.S. President, Barack Obama, eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for Americans who were visiting the island for professional, cultural, educational or religious reasons.
Classic Journeys’ new itineraries come under the educational cultural exchanges as President Obama seeks new ways to improve relations with the Cuban people.
The travel company has created a full, guided programme of educational encounters and personal meetings with Cuban people from all walks of life so travellers can experience the country’s authenticity during their holidays in Cuba.
The itinerary includes tours of historical, economic and ecological attractions and sights; meetings with artists from Luyano area, a local community development project; tours of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Habana Vieja; visits to working coffee and tobacco farms where tourists can meet with campesinos while they work in the fields; and opportunities to meet the teachers and students in a small village school.
“We are thrilled to add this people-to-people exchange to our line-up of cultural walking adventures,” explained the founder of Classic Journeys, Edward Piegza.
“We’ve maintained a lifelong belief at Classic Journeys in the power of travel to create and sustain powerful cultural connections, and so this program in Cuba was a natural addition to our portfolio. With this programme, we’ll now be able to offer interested travellers direct personal engagement with a culture and place which has had highly limited access to Americans.”
The new holidays to Cuba will be available in June, October, November, and December 2013, and January, February, March, and April, 2014.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history. The island boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...