Classic Journeys adds Cuba Holidays to its portfolio with new People-to-People cultural exchange programmes
Classic Journeys, an award-winning cultural travel company, will be helping American citizens plan and book Cuba holidays after it introduced its people-to-people cultural programmes to the island nation. The Caribbean country has been off limits to U.S. travellers for more than 50 years due to an ongoing travel embargo but restrictions have been relaxed under President Obama's new laws.
U.S. travellers will now have more options if they want to visit the island of Cuba after the award-winning travel company Classic Journeys recently introduced people-to-people cultural programmes to Cuba to its services.
American citizens will now be able to book Cuba holidays through the travel company after it received a licence from US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC).
For more than 50 years, the Caribbean island has been off limits to U.S residents because of the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. In 2011, the U.S. President, Barack Obama, eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for Americans who were visiting the island for professional, cultural, educational or religious reasons.
Classic Journeys’ new itineraries come under the educational cultural exchanges as President Obama seeks new ways to improve relations with the Cuban people.
The travel company has created a full, guided programme of educational encounters and personal meetings with Cuban people from all walks of life so travellers can experience the country’s authenticity during their holidays in Cuba.
The itinerary includes tours of historical, economic and ecological attractions and sights; meetings with artists from Luyano area, a local community development project; tours of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Habana Vieja; visits to working coffee and tobacco farms where tourists can meet with campesinos while they work in the fields; and opportunities to meet the teachers and students in a small village school.
“We are thrilled to add this people-to-people exchange to our line-up of cultural walking adventures,” explained the founder of Classic Journeys, Edward Piegza.
“We’ve maintained a lifelong belief at Classic Journeys in the power of travel to create and sustain powerful cultural connections, and so this program in Cuba was a natural addition to our portfolio. With this programme, we’ll now be able to offer interested travellers direct personal engagement with a culture and place which has had highly limited access to Americans.”
The new holidays to Cuba will be available in June, October, November, and December 2013, and January, February, March, and April, 2014.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history. The island boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...