Classic Journeys adds Cuba Holidays to its portfolio with new People-to-People cultural exchange programmes
Classic Journeys, an award-winning cultural travel company, will be helping American citizens plan and book Cuba holidays after it introduced its people-to-people cultural programmes to the island nation. The Caribbean country has been off limits to U.S. travellers for more than 50 years due to an ongoing travel embargo but restrictions have been relaxed under President Obama's new laws.
U.S. travellers will now have more options if they want to visit the island of Cuba after the award-winning travel company Classic Journeys recently introduced people-to-people cultural programmes to Cuba to its services.
American citizens will now be able to book Cuba holidays through the travel company after it received a licence from US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC).
For more than 50 years, the Caribbean island has been off limits to U.S residents because of the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. In 2011, the U.S. President, Barack Obama, eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for Americans who were visiting the island for professional, cultural, educational or religious reasons.
Classic Journeys’ new itineraries come under the educational cultural exchanges as President Obama seeks new ways to improve relations with the Cuban people.
The travel company has created a full, guided programme of educational encounters and personal meetings with Cuban people from all walks of life so travellers can experience the country’s authenticity during their holidays in Cuba.
The itinerary includes tours of historical, economic and ecological attractions and sights; meetings with artists from Luyano area, a local community development project; tours of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Habana Vieja; visits to working coffee and tobacco farms where tourists can meet with campesinos while they work in the fields; and opportunities to meet the teachers and students in a small village school.
“We are thrilled to add this people-to-people exchange to our line-up of cultural walking adventures,” explained the founder of Classic Journeys, Edward Piegza.
“We’ve maintained a lifelong belief at Classic Journeys in the power of travel to create and sustain powerful cultural connections, and so this program in Cuba was a natural addition to our portfolio. With this programme, we’ll now be able to offer interested travellers direct personal engagement with a culture and place which has had highly limited access to Americans.”
The new holidays to Cuba will be available in June, October, November, and December 2013, and January, February, March, and April, 2014.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history. The island boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, mid-range and luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...