Two million holidaymakers visited Cancun over Spring Break and Easter holidays
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has reported an increase in travellers taking Cancun holiday this spring with two million tourists visiting the region in the four weeks over the "Spring Break" period. Events with music and DJs attracted younger travellers, while the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival was attended by thousands of tourists of all ages.
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has revealed that two million tourists visited the region over the four-week "Spring Break" period this year. More than two million tourists took Cancun holidays during Spring Break and Easter as live music events and festivals attracted people of all ages from all over the world.
During Easter week, more than 500 daily flights to Cancun were recorded and Cancun hotels had a 90 per cent occupancy rate.
Holidaymakers and students flocked to the Mexican region to celebrate the arrival of their spring holidays with events such as Oasis Dance U providing the entertainment with DJs and live music across all genres.
During this period, the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival took place, attracting both locals and tourists from all over the globe. The four-day event sold nearly 5,000 tickets and hosted events including wine seminars, cooking demonstrations, mezcal tastings, networking parties, and product offerings at the American Express Gourmet Tasting Village. Visitors enjoy holidays in Cancun had the opportunity to sample produce from 33 featured chefs and 50 participating wineries.
Cancun is one of the leading tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
As well as being a prime location for "spring break" celebrations, the region attracts travellers of all ages throughout the year thanks to its beautiful scenery, culutural offerings and ancient history.
In Cancun, visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the azure ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine environment; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
The strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...