Two million holidaymakers visited Cancun over Spring Break and Easter holidays
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has reported an increase in travellers taking Cancun holiday this spring with two million tourists visiting the region in the four weeks over the "Spring Break" period. Events with music and DJs attracted younger travellers, while the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival was attended by thousands of tourists of all ages.
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has revealed that two million tourists visited the region over the four-week "Spring Break" period this year. More than two million tourists took Cancun holidays during Spring Break and Easter as live music events and festivals attracted people of all ages from all over the world.
During Easter week, more than 500 daily flights to Cancun were recorded and Cancun hotels had a 90 per cent occupancy rate.
Holidaymakers and students flocked to the Mexican region to celebrate the arrival of their spring holidays with events such as Oasis Dance U providing the entertainment with DJs and live music across all genres.
During this period, the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival took place, attracting both locals and tourists from all over the globe. The four-day event sold nearly 5,000 tickets and hosted events including wine seminars, cooking demonstrations, mezcal tastings, networking parties, and product offerings at the American Express Gourmet Tasting Village. Visitors enjoy holidays in Cancun had the opportunity to sample produce from 33 featured chefs and 50 participating wineries.
Cancun is one of the leading tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
As well as being a prime location for "spring break" celebrations, the region attracts travellers of all ages throughout the year thanks to its beautiful scenery, culutural offerings and ancient history.
In Cancun, visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the azure ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine environment; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
The strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....