Two million holidaymakers visited Cancun over Spring Break and Easter holidays
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has reported an increase in travellers taking Cancun holiday this spring with two million tourists visiting the region in the four weeks over the "Spring Break" period. Events with music and DJs attracted younger travellers, while the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival was attended by thousands of tourists of all ages.
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau has revealed that two million tourists visited the region over the four-week "Spring Break" period this year. More than two million tourists took Cancun holidays during Spring Break and Easter as live music events and festivals attracted people of all ages from all over the world.
During Easter week, more than 500 daily flights to Cancun were recorded and Cancun hotels had a 90 per cent occupancy rate.
Holidaymakers and students flocked to the Mexican region to celebrate the arrival of their spring holidays with events such as Oasis Dance U providing the entertainment with DJs and live music across all genres.
During this period, the Cancun Riviera-Maya Wine and Food Festival took place, attracting both locals and tourists from all over the globe. The four-day event sold nearly 5,000 tickets and hosted events including wine seminars, cooking demonstrations, mezcal tastings, networking parties, and product offerings at the American Express Gourmet Tasting Village. Visitors enjoy holidays in Cancun had the opportunity to sample produce from 33 featured chefs and 50 participating wineries.
Cancun is one of the leading tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses, and adventure activities.
As well as being a prime location for "spring break" celebrations, the region attracts travellers of all ages throughout the year thanks to its beautiful scenery, culutural offerings and ancient history.
In Cancun, visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the azure ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine environment; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
The strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves but in 1970 the region was developed into a tourist resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...