Events announced for the 2013 Digicel Reggae Festival in Barbados this weekend
The Barbados Tourism Authority has announced the schedule of events for the 2013 Digicel Barbados Reggae Festival. The festival will take place between 21st and 28th April, 2013 and tourists taking Barbados holidays will be able to see performers such as Bounty Killer, Junior Reid, Coco Tea and Busy Signal, and many more.
This weekend will see the start of the week-long 2013 Digicel Barbados Reggae Festival and the Barbados Tourism Authority has announced the schedule of events for the annual festival.
The festival will take place from 21st to 28th April, 2013 and holidaymakers who have booked Barbados holidays next week will have the chance to see some international reggae stars take to the stage in several venues across the island.
Musical artists who are scheduled to perform include, Bounty Killer, Aidonia, Junior Reid, Admirel Tibet, Coco Tea, Yellow Man, Taurus Riley, Pinchers, and Busy Signal.
Tourists will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the entertainment at different venues during holidays to Barbados. The line-up of events include the Beach Party at Brandon's Beach, Spring Garden on Sunday 21st April with music from Grammy award-winning artist Bounty Killer, plus Aidonia, Elephant Man, Tifa and Mad dog; the Digicel Vintage Reggae Show and Dance on Friday 26th April at 3Ws Theatre, Kensington Oval with reggae legends Yellow Man, John Holt, Pinchers, Coca Tea and FAB 5; the Digicel Reggae Party Cruise on Saturday 27th April which will celebrate Taurus Riley's birthday; and Digicel Reggae on the Hill at Farley Hill National Park on Sunday 28th April.
Barbados is a Caribbean island nation located in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela. The destination is a hotspot for celebrities including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards, who have luxury homes on the island.
With an array of white sand beaches fringed with sparkling turquoise ocean waters and swaying palm trees, the island offers an idyllic escape for holidays to Barbados.
Holidaymakers can choose from a wide selection of luxurious beachfront Barbados hotels and resorts that boast world-class golf courses, gourmet restaurants and lively bars and nightclubs.
Visitors can hike through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary and the Farley Hill National Park which will stage one of the Reggae Festival events; indulge in retail therapy in stylish boutiques and traditional street markets; take tours of historic towns such as Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown; or scuba dive and snorkel in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters where they can swim alongside breathtaking marine creatures and discover vibrant colourful coral reefs and historic sunken wrecks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...