St. Regis Hotels and Resorts makes its debut on African continent with opening of Mauritius hotel
St Regis Hotels and Resorts has officially opened its debut hotel on the African continent. The St. Regis Mauritius Resort caters for business travellers and tourists and boasts an idyllic private location. The Mauritius hotel's opening celebrations were attended by celebrities and the Prime Minister of Mauritius and festivities included live music and a spectacular fireworks display.
St Regis Hotels and Resorts has recently celebrated the official opening of its first hotel on the African continent.
The St Regis Mauritius Resort made its debut in the African and Mauritius hotels industry last week and the opening celebrations were enjoyed by celebrities and the island nation's Prime Minister.
St Regis Hotels and Resorts belongs to Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide and as part of its expansions the brand has recently opened new properties in Hainan and Shenzhen in China, and Doha in Abu Dhabi.
"As we add new, must-visit destinations to our global portfolio of hotels and resorts, the opening of The St. Regis Mauritius Resort truly marks an important milestone for the brand," commented Paul James, the Global Brand Leader of St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, and W Hotels Worldwide. "Celebrating Mauritius' rich and diverse cultural heritage, we look forward to welcoming guests to the best address on the island, offering bespoke service and refined elegance both befitting of the destination and true to the St. Regis legacy."
The festivities at the launch celebrated the history of the St. Regis brand from 1904 to 2013 and included speeches by the Prime Minister of Mauritius, Dr The Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam and the President and CEO of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen; cocktails and an epicurean tour; and a spectacular fireworks show and live music.
The luxury Mauritius hotel is located on the south-western tip of the Indian Ocean island surrounded by the pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise lagoon waters of the Le Morne UNESCO World Heritage site.
During Mauritius holidays, guests can relax in luxurious accommodation in 172 spacious guestrooms and suites that range from 700 to 2,300 square feet and boast ocean views. The St Regis Villas has four bedrooms with private pools and gardens, a private entrance, entertainment and dining areas, an infinity pool and private spa treatment room. The Manor House in the centre of the resort has seven lavish suites with in-room spa facilities, and a private 24-seat cinema.
The Mauritius hotel's upscale facilities include seven dining outlets serving international cuisine; the 22,730 square-foot Iridium Spa with a full-service salon, 12 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam rooms, a dedicated men's grooming salon, and a 24-hour fitness centre; the Kite Flyers Club for younger guests enjoying holidays in Mauritius; a beachside swimming pool; a tennis court; and a boutique.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...