Restoration of Cienfuegos' San Carlos Hotel to resume in 2nd half of 2013
It has been announced that the San Carlos Hotel restoration project will resume in the second half of 2013. The project, which is aimed at revamping the historical Art Deco building in UNESCO World Heritage site Cienfuegos, Cuba, is likely to propel the San Carlos hotel to the top of the list of the most popular boutique hotels in Cuba.
Project managers and investors responsible for the restoration and remodeling of the historic Hotel San Carlos property have announced that efforts to revive the historical Art Deco building in Cienfuegos, Cuba will resume in the second half of 2013.The nine million dollar investment is expected to take place over a period of 14 months.
Spokesperson from Cuba's Ministry of Tourism, Reinier Reguera noted that in addition to the 44 rooms and two luxury suites the hotel would also feature a rooftop garden. Architecture enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that despite the renovations, the historic building, which dates back as far as the 1930s, will be restored to all its former glory with architect Anibal Barrera adding that the interior design of the San Carlos hotel will stay true to the ArtDeco movement.
Once completed it is expected that the San Carlos Hotel, which will be operated by the Gran Caribe hotel group, will join the league of top boutique hotels in Cuba. Given its prime location, stiutated in the heart on Cienfuegos, Cuba a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the San Carlos Hotel will undoubtedly be the ideal accommodation for travellers interested in culturally enriching holidays to Cuba.
Despite the global economic downturn and the various restrictions placed on US travellers to Cuba, the island has become one of the Caribbean's top holiday destinations. Recent statistics from the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) have indicated that Cuba was one of the region's most visited destinations in 2012 second only to the Dominican Republic. Year on year figures showed a 4.5 per cent increase in the number of visitors to Cuba with over 2.83 million travellers booking Cuba holidays in 2012.
The island's rich culture and history coupled with its enigmatic appeal has undoubtedly been a key factor, however, the investments being made towards the restoration of historical Cuba hotels like the San Carlos Hotel will go along way in supporting the Caribbean island's continued efforts to boost its tourism industry in the coming years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...