HPL Hotels and Resorts announces takeover of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives hotel
HPL Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has taken over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel will be rebranded as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives and will undergo minor enhancements but tourists will be able to continue to enjoy Maldives holidays as usual at the luxurious resort on Lankanfushi Island.
HPL Hotel and Resorts has confirmed that it will be taking over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel company is a subsidiary of Singapore-based Hotel Properties and it has announced that it will be rebranding the hotel as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives. Minor renovations will take place but tourists can expect to enjoy their Maldives holidays with minimum disruption.
"Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives will complement the current HPL portfolio of hotels," explained Stephen Lau, the Chairman of HPL Hotels and Resorts.
"We intend to keep the spirit of the resort accordingly; guests booked after the change in management can be assured that the terms and conditions of their reservations will remain unchanged."
He added: "And the Gili Lankanfushi team looks forward to welcoming them to our island paradise in the Maldives."
The boutique resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays in the Maldives can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat. The villas boast private water gardens, open-air bathrooms, roof-top terraces and spacious over-water sundecks.
The five-star Maldives hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
During holidays to the Maldives, guests can savour delicious cuisine and fine wines at the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
"As an eco-sensitive resort, we are committed to the principles of environmental sustainability, which plays an important part in Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives corporate philosophy," commented Iain McCormack, the General Manager of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives.
"We've tailored the operations of the resort around this philosophy," he added. "We also maintain our own organic herb and vegetable garden, which provides fresh and local ingredients used in the resort's kitchens. An active recycling program of using waste for building materials is practiced."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...