HPL Hotels and Resorts announces takeover of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives hotel
HPL Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has taken over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel will be rebranded as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives and will undergo minor enhancements but tourists will be able to continue to enjoy Maldives holidays as usual at the luxurious resort on Lankanfushi Island.
HPL Hotel and Resorts has confirmed that it will be taking over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel company is a subsidiary of Singapore-based Hotel Properties and it has announced that it will be rebranding the hotel as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives. Minor renovations will take place but tourists can expect to enjoy their Maldives holidays with minimum disruption.
"Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives will complement the current HPL portfolio of hotels," explained Stephen Lau, the Chairman of HPL Hotels and Resorts.
"We intend to keep the spirit of the resort accordingly; guests booked after the change in management can be assured that the terms and conditions of their reservations will remain unchanged."
He added: "And the Gili Lankanfushi team looks forward to welcoming them to our island paradise in the Maldives."
The boutique resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays in the Maldives can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat. The villas boast private water gardens, open-air bathrooms, roof-top terraces and spacious over-water sundecks.
The five-star Maldives hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
During holidays to the Maldives, guests can savour delicious cuisine and fine wines at the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
"As an eco-sensitive resort, we are committed to the principles of environmental sustainability, which plays an important part in Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives corporate philosophy," commented Iain McCormack, the General Manager of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives.
"We've tailored the operations of the resort around this philosophy," he added. "We also maintain our own organic herb and vegetable garden, which provides fresh and local ingredients used in the resort's kitchens. An active recycling program of using waste for building materials is practiced."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...