HPL Hotels and Resorts announces takeover of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives hotel
HPL Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has taken over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel will be rebranded as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives and will undergo minor enhancements but tourists will be able to continue to enjoy Maldives holidays as usual at the luxurious resort on Lankanfushi Island.
HPL Hotel and Resorts has confirmed that it will be taking over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives. The hotel company is a subsidiary of Singapore-based Hotel Properties and it has announced that it will be rebranding the hotel as Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives. Minor renovations will take place but tourists can expect to enjoy their Maldives holidays with minimum disruption.
"Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives will complement the current HPL portfolio of hotels," explained Stephen Lau, the Chairman of HPL Hotels and Resorts.
"We intend to keep the spirit of the resort accordingly; guests booked after the change in management can be assured that the terms and conditions of their reservations will remain unchanged."
He added: "And the Gili Lankanfushi team looks forward to welcoming them to our island paradise in the Maldives."
The boutique resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays in the Maldives can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat. The villas boast private water gardens, open-air bathrooms, roof-top terraces and spacious over-water sundecks.
The five-star Maldives hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
During holidays to the Maldives, guests can savour delicious cuisine and fine wines at the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
"As an eco-sensitive resort, we are committed to the principles of environmental sustainability, which plays an important part in Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives corporate philosophy," commented Iain McCormack, the General Manager of Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives.
"We've tailored the operations of the resort around this philosophy," he added. "We also maintain our own organic herb and vegetable garden, which provides fresh and local ingredients used in the resort's kitchens. An active recycling program of using waste for building materials is practiced."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...