New website publishes video showcasing the charming culture of Barbados
The new Barbados Tourism Encyclopaedia website just published a three-minute video portraying the interesting culture and lifestyle of locals. The material allows travellers a sneak-peek into the fun activities they can expect while on Barbados holidays.
A new three-minute video, put together with film and images taken over the last few years of the culture, traditions and lifestyle of Barbadians, is now posted for everyone to see at the new Barbados Tourism Encyclopaedia website. Travellers can now get a preview of what Barbados holidays can be like, by just clicking on Barbados.org.
World-class hotels and resorts, as well as top cuisine restaurants are shown in the material as some of the country’s most attractive features. However, it is precisely the people and customs of Barbados, what make it the most visited destination in the Caribbean. The video showcases all Bajans’ (as Barbadians call themselves) different lifestyles, from the simple ways of local fishermen to the exciting routines of businessmen.
Barbados’ unique geographical position, fascinating history and singular traditions makes it stand out amongst other Caribbean nations. The website, which hopes to attract more visitors to the island, also presents tourists looking for cultural and historical experiences in Barbados with interesting facts about the island, which once became the world’s largest rum and sugar producer, beating larger South American nations like Brazil. Among the many interesting details foreigners can learn is the fact the Barbados Charter of 1652 was the first of its kind to outline the concept of a sovereign nations where local government was not bound by the laws and taxes of England.
The island truly offers everything a holidaymaker could look for a in a relaxing getaway: marvellous all-inclusive resorts, luxury accommodations, golf, polo, tennis, residential resort and marina living, and beautiful white-sand beaches. And those who look for a quieter, more intimate experience will find peace in any of the many bed and breakfast inns, intimate hotels, self-catering apartments and quaint boutique hotels.
However those who wish to go out and enjoy the vibrant local scene will find that there many other attractive options to explore. Visitors who are interested in cultural holidays in Barbados, will have a more pleasant time heading out to have dinner at any of the island’s gourmet restaurants and open air cafes, or eating the delicious local street food or rum shop fare. Small but excellent establishments also serve incredible food; a side shack at Pebbles Beach offers freshly seasoned fish and recently-baked salt bread, one of the island’s most renowned specialities.
The popular holiday destination is also a wonderful place to live in. The United Nations have declared Barbados’ quality of life index among the best 20 countries in the world, and it has also been ranked fourth in literacy. The English Telegraph has placed it amongst the top ten countries in the world to buy a property and live in. The website really showcases the island’s many charms and has a lot more to come, as it is still a work in progress.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...