Indian Hotels opens 100th property and plans to expand to Cuba
Indian Hotels Company, the owners of Taj hotels and resorts, now operates 100 hotels in India after celebrating the opening its 100th property Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon in the Millennium City of Gurgaon last week. The company is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties in destinations including China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Indian Hotels Company is celebrating the opening of its 100th Indian property with the launch of Vivanta by Taj in the Millennium City of Gurgaon. As well as operating 100 hotels in India, the company, which owns Taj hotels and resorts, is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties with the opening of ten new hotels in China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Speaking at the launch of Vivanta by Taj last week, Raymond N Bickson, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Hotels Company Limited, commented: "It is a proud moment for us to be part of this occasion. With the launch of Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon, NCR, not only have we expanded the footprint of the brand into the business district, but also accomplished a significant milestone in the group's journey, by becoming the 100th hotel in India in our ever growing portfolio.
"It further reinforces our commitment to expand our service offerings to newer destinations in the country. It also supports the company's objective of achieving growth through domestic dominance. Vivanta by Taj is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that the Taj is renowned for."
The company currently has 17 international hotels and resorts and the new properties, including the hotel in Cuba, will primarily be luxurious hotels included in their Taj and Vivanta brands.
Vivanta is the hotel group's brand for premium luxury hotels and was launched in September, 2010. There are now 26 Vivanta hotels in India and other destinations, 14 of which were converted from Taj to Vivanta as part of brand restructuring project. Indian Hotels Company plans to ass a further 15 Vivanta properties in the next five years.
Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon is located 30 kilometres south of India's capital, New Delhi, and is a stylish and contemporary hotel for business and leisure travellers.
Situated close to the business district and leisure hotspots such as Kingdom of Dreams, the DLF Golf Course and Gurgaon's shopping malls, travellers can enjoy a luxurious experience thanks to the imaginative Vivanta by Taj brand.
The sleek high-rise hotel has the Jiva Spa; the Thai Pavilion with delicious Siam cuisine, Latitude, "Rhythm" lounge and the vibrant Tease bar; beautifully-furnished banquet space; and 189 guest rooms with city and pool views, 18 suites, and a presidential suite with an executive lounge on the 10th floor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...