Indian Hotels opens 100th property and plans to expand to Cuba
Indian Hotels Company, the owners of Taj hotels and resorts, now operates 100 hotels in India after celebrating the opening its 100th property Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon in the Millennium City of Gurgaon last week. The company is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties in destinations including China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Indian Hotels Company is celebrating the opening of its 100th Indian property with the launch of Vivanta by Taj in the Millennium City of Gurgaon. As well as operating 100 hotels in India, the company, which owns Taj hotels and resorts, is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties with the opening of ten new hotels in China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Speaking at the launch of Vivanta by Taj last week, Raymond N Bickson, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Hotels Company Limited, commented: "It is a proud moment for us to be part of this occasion. With the launch of Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon, NCR, not only have we expanded the footprint of the brand into the business district, but also accomplished a significant milestone in the group's journey, by becoming the 100th hotel in India in our ever growing portfolio.
"It further reinforces our commitment to expand our service offerings to newer destinations in the country. It also supports the company's objective of achieving growth through domestic dominance. Vivanta by Taj is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that the Taj is renowned for."
The company currently has 17 international hotels and resorts and the new properties, including the hotel in Cuba, will primarily be luxurious hotels included in their Taj and Vivanta brands.
Vivanta is the hotel group's brand for premium luxury hotels and was launched in September, 2010. There are now 26 Vivanta hotels in India and other destinations, 14 of which were converted from Taj to Vivanta as part of brand restructuring project. Indian Hotels Company plans to ass a further 15 Vivanta properties in the next five years.
Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon is located 30 kilometres south of India's capital, New Delhi, and is a stylish and contemporary hotel for business and leisure travellers.
Situated close to the business district and leisure hotspots such as Kingdom of Dreams, the DLF Golf Course and Gurgaon's shopping malls, travellers can enjoy a luxurious experience thanks to the imaginative Vivanta by Taj brand.
The sleek high-rise hotel has the Jiva Spa; the Thai Pavilion with delicious Siam cuisine, Latitude, "Rhythm" lounge and the vibrant Tease bar; beautifully-furnished banquet space; and 189 guest rooms with city and pool views, 18 suites, and a presidential suite with an executive lounge on the 10th floor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...