Indian Hotels opens 100th property and plans to expand to Cuba
Indian Hotels Company, the owners of Taj hotels and resorts, now operates 100 hotels in India after celebrating the opening its 100th property Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon in the Millennium City of Gurgaon last week. The company is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties in destinations including China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Indian Hotels Company is celebrating the opening of its 100th Indian property with the launch of Vivanta by Taj in the Millennium City of Gurgaon. As well as operating 100 hotels in India, the company, which owns Taj hotels and resorts, is planning to expand its portfolio of international properties with the opening of ten new hotels in China, Africa, West Asia and Cuba.
Speaking at the launch of Vivanta by Taj last week, Raymond N Bickson, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Hotels Company Limited, commented: "It is a proud moment for us to be part of this occasion. With the launch of Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon, NCR, not only have we expanded the footprint of the brand into the business district, but also accomplished a significant milestone in the group's journey, by becoming the 100th hotel in India in our ever growing portfolio.
"It further reinforces our commitment to expand our service offerings to newer destinations in the country. It also supports the company's objective of achieving growth through domestic dominance. Vivanta by Taj is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that the Taj is renowned for."
The company currently has 17 international hotels and resorts and the new properties, including the hotel in Cuba, will primarily be luxurious hotels included in their Taj and Vivanta brands.
Vivanta is the hotel group's brand for premium luxury hotels and was launched in September, 2010. There are now 26 Vivanta hotels in India and other destinations, 14 of which were converted from Taj to Vivanta as part of brand restructuring project. Indian Hotels Company plans to ass a further 15 Vivanta properties in the next five years.
Vivanta by Taj – Gurgaon is located 30 kilometres south of India's capital, New Delhi, and is a stylish and contemporary hotel for business and leisure travellers.
Situated close to the business district and leisure hotspots such as Kingdom of Dreams, the DLF Golf Course and Gurgaon's shopping malls, travellers can enjoy a luxurious experience thanks to the imaginative Vivanta by Taj brand.
The sleek high-rise hotel has the Jiva Spa; the Thai Pavilion with delicious Siam cuisine, Latitude, "Rhythm" lounge and the vibrant Tease bar; beautifully-furnished banquet space; and 189 guest rooms with city and pool views, 18 suites, and a presidential suite with an executive lounge on the 10th floor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...