Travel and Leisure lists Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resorts in Best Hotels in the World Awards
Two Grand Velas Resort properties have been included in Travel + Leisure magazine's list of 500 Best Hotels in the World. Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit and Grand Velas Riviera Maya are favourites for tourists taking Cancun holidays and the luxury hotels were voted in the 2012 World's Best Awards readers' survey.
Two Grand Velas resorts have been honoured in Travel + Leisure magazine's World's Best Awards readers' survey. Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit and Grand Velas Riviera Maya are both popular resorts for Cancun holidays and this is the first time that both properties have been included in the list's top 20 resorts in Mexico.
"We are deeply honoured our resorts have been recognized as two of the world's best," commented Juan Vela, Vice President of Operations of Velas Resorts. "We are thankful to our loyal guests and committed staff who helped make this happen."
Speaking about the success of the Cancun hotels in the Rivera Maya, the Managing Director for the Grand Velas Resorts, Fernando Garcia Rossette, added:
"We are especially proud to make our debut on Travel + Leisure's 500 List of Best Hotels in the World. It will be another banner year for our resorts thanks to our staff; the award coming on the heels of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit's 10th Anniversary, another AAA Five Diamond rating, two Conde Nast Traveller's Reader's Choice Awards and the resort's inclusion in Forbes' roundup of the 10 Coolest All-Inclusive Resorts."
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya is located just five minutes from the centre of Playa del Carmen and 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The beachfront Caribbean all inclusive resort is divided into three sections and provides plenty of options for tourists taking holidays in Cancun. The Master Section is located within the natural surroundings of the Mayan Jungle and offers 1000-square-feet suites and indoor Jacuzzis; the Ambassador Area features 1000-square-feet ocean-view suites with private plunge pools; and the Exclusive Grand Class offers 1,300-square-feet oceanfront suites with private terraces, plunge pools and interior Jacuzzis and exclusive access to a private beach.
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is situated on the sandy shores of Banderas Bay in Nuevo Vallarta. During Cancun holidays in the Riviera Maya, holidaymakers can enjoy luxurious accommodation in 276 spacious ocean-view suites. The all inclusive award-winning resort features three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, tennis courts, gourmet restaurants and a lavish spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...