St Lucia teams up with British Airways in huge ticket giveaway promotion
The St Lucia Tourist Board recently collaborated with the UK's national airline, British Airways, in their biggest ticket giveaway ever. The promotion, which lasted a week, allowed lucky London commuters the opportunity of winning free St Lucia flights and accommodations.
Last Monday, a few fortunate commuters won the holidays of a lifetime, thanks to British Airways’ biggest ever ticket giveaway. The UK airline collaborated with the St Lucia Tourist Board in launching this extraordinary promotion that lasted a week and featured St Lucia on its first day. From 8 am to 8 pm, anyone passing through Victoria Station could take part in the fun promotion, and try out their flying skills on a unique game to win free holidays to St Lucia.
The arcade-like flying game, which was specifically built on the station’s main concourse to draw passer-by’s attention, was a great attraction throughout the whole day, and an amusing way to learn more about St Lucia. Participants had to take the controls and virtually fly over the island. Every 15 minutes the person that proved their superior flying skills, by getting the highest score, won a pair of tickets to the stunning destination.
Daniel Cather, one of the commuters that took part in the game was on his way to train as a special Constable. As one of the lucky few that won free St Lucia flights, he stated how astonished and ecstatic he felt after receiving the unexpected prize. “I am delighted to have won two tickets to St Lucia. I don’t normally come through Victoria Station so this has been a great surprise and I can’t wait to book my flights.”
The collaboration was productive for both British Airways and the St Lucia Tourism Board. Director of marketing UK and Europe in the St Lucia Tourist Board, Jean Marc-Flambert, stated that the idea of the game for the promotion had been extremely successful. “We are delighted,” he said “to have worked with British Airways on such a large scale consumer-direct promotion. St Lucia is an inspiring destination for many and to see commuters excited by the chance to win tickets to a dream destination was fantastic. The flight simulator is a fun, interactive entry mechanic that tests people’s skills, allowing them to learn more about St Lucia and tapping into that competitive streak we all have.”
The ticket giveaway did not only attract the attention of travellers wishing to take holidays to St Lucia, but was also successful in drawing in tourism professionals. “We’re pleased to see that the promotion was a success in attracting professionals within our target market,” said Louis Lewis, director of tourism “The 48 winners will visit our beautiful island and enjoy our award-winning accommodations, meals and excursions, ultimately resulting in more exposure for St Lucia.”
However British Airways’ promotion didn’t stop at the St Lucia ticket giveaway. The airline has more free tickets for participants to other wonderful destinations. “We have hundreds of tickets to be given away,” said Colm Lacy, British Airways head of commercial Gatwick Airport “So there’s something for everyone in our biggest ever Gatwick ticket giveaway.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...