St Lucia teams up with British Airways in huge ticket giveaway promotion
The St Lucia Tourist Board recently collaborated with the UK's national airline, British Airways, in their biggest ticket giveaway ever. The promotion, which lasted a week, allowed lucky London commuters the opportunity of winning free St Lucia flights and accommodations.
Last Monday, a few fortunate commuters won the holidays of a lifetime, thanks to British Airways’ biggest ever ticket giveaway. The UK airline collaborated with the St Lucia Tourist Board in launching this extraordinary promotion that lasted a week and featured St Lucia on its first day. From 8 am to 8 pm, anyone passing through Victoria Station could take part in the fun promotion, and try out their flying skills on a unique game to win free holidays to St Lucia.
The arcade-like flying game, which was specifically built on the station’s main concourse to draw passer-by’s attention, was a great attraction throughout the whole day, and an amusing way to learn more about St Lucia. Participants had to take the controls and virtually fly over the island. Every 15 minutes the person that proved their superior flying skills, by getting the highest score, won a pair of tickets to the stunning destination.
Daniel Cather, one of the commuters that took part in the game was on his way to train as a special Constable. As one of the lucky few that won free St Lucia flights, he stated how astonished and ecstatic he felt after receiving the unexpected prize. “I am delighted to have won two tickets to St Lucia. I don’t normally come through Victoria Station so this has been a great surprise and I can’t wait to book my flights.”
The collaboration was productive for both British Airways and the St Lucia Tourism Board. Director of marketing UK and Europe in the St Lucia Tourist Board, Jean Marc-Flambert, stated that the idea of the game for the promotion had been extremely successful. “We are delighted,” he said “to have worked with British Airways on such a large scale consumer-direct promotion. St Lucia is an inspiring destination for many and to see commuters excited by the chance to win tickets to a dream destination was fantastic. The flight simulator is a fun, interactive entry mechanic that tests people’s skills, allowing them to learn more about St Lucia and tapping into that competitive streak we all have.”
The ticket giveaway did not only attract the attention of travellers wishing to take holidays to St Lucia, but was also successful in drawing in tourism professionals. “We’re pleased to see that the promotion was a success in attracting professionals within our target market,” said Louis Lewis, director of tourism “The 48 winners will visit our beautiful island and enjoy our award-winning accommodations, meals and excursions, ultimately resulting in more exposure for St Lucia.”
However British Airways’ promotion didn’t stop at the St Lucia ticket giveaway. The airline has more free tickets for participants to other wonderful destinations. “We have hundreds of tickets to be given away,” said Colm Lacy, British Airways head of commercial Gatwick Airport “So there’s something for everyone in our biggest ever Gatwick ticket giveaway.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...