St Lucia teams up with British Airways in huge ticket giveaway promotion
The St Lucia Tourist Board recently collaborated with the UK's national airline, British Airways, in their biggest ticket giveaway ever. The promotion, which lasted a week, allowed lucky London commuters the opportunity of winning free St Lucia flights and accommodations.
Last Monday, a few fortunate commuters won the holidays of a lifetime, thanks to British Airways’ biggest ever ticket giveaway. The UK airline collaborated with the St Lucia Tourist Board in launching this extraordinary promotion that lasted a week and featured St Lucia on its first day. From 8 am to 8 pm, anyone passing through Victoria Station could take part in the fun promotion, and try out their flying skills on a unique game to win free holidays to St Lucia.
The arcade-like flying game, which was specifically built on the station’s main concourse to draw passer-by’s attention, was a great attraction throughout the whole day, and an amusing way to learn more about St Lucia. Participants had to take the controls and virtually fly over the island. Every 15 minutes the person that proved their superior flying skills, by getting the highest score, won a pair of tickets to the stunning destination.
Daniel Cather, one of the commuters that took part in the game was on his way to train as a special Constable. As one of the lucky few that won free St Lucia flights, he stated how astonished and ecstatic he felt after receiving the unexpected prize. “I am delighted to have won two tickets to St Lucia. I don’t normally come through Victoria Station so this has been a great surprise and I can’t wait to book my flights.”
The collaboration was productive for both British Airways and the St Lucia Tourism Board. Director of marketing UK and Europe in the St Lucia Tourist Board, Jean Marc-Flambert, stated that the idea of the game for the promotion had been extremely successful. “We are delighted,” he said “to have worked with British Airways on such a large scale consumer-direct promotion. St Lucia is an inspiring destination for many and to see commuters excited by the chance to win tickets to a dream destination was fantastic. The flight simulator is a fun, interactive entry mechanic that tests people’s skills, allowing them to learn more about St Lucia and tapping into that competitive streak we all have.”
The ticket giveaway did not only attract the attention of travellers wishing to take holidays to St Lucia, but was also successful in drawing in tourism professionals. “We’re pleased to see that the promotion was a success in attracting professionals within our target market,” said Louis Lewis, director of tourism “The 48 winners will visit our beautiful island and enjoy our award-winning accommodations, meals and excursions, ultimately resulting in more exposure for St Lucia.”
However British Airways’ promotion didn’t stop at the St Lucia ticket giveaway. The airline has more free tickets for participants to other wonderful destinations. “We have hundreds of tickets to be given away,” said Colm Lacy, British Airways head of commercial Gatwick Airport “So there’s something for everyone in our biggest ever Gatwick ticket giveaway.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Up to 2 Children stay and eat free when staying with 2 full paying adults on the same meal plan
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Receive six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Book a Pool View or Beach Front Room and Enjoy a complimentary upgrade From Bed and Breakfast to MAP Board Basis (breakfast, dinner and extras included)
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...