Costa Rica, holiday destination to watch in 2013
Costa Rica's unique blend of natural attractions from volcanoes to rainforests and jungles makes Costa Rica holidays the ideal choice for thrill seekers and nature lovers alike. The nation's tourism industry is well positioned for growth. Partnerships with key international airlines combined with the local tourism board's plans to invest heavily in marketing makes this a destination to watch in 2013.
In many ways Costa Rica is the ideal choice for travellers looking for something off the beaten path, volcanoes, tropical forests, rain forests and rivers make this the ultimate choice for thrill seekers. A report from the Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) noted the popularity of the nation's adventure tourism product with over 70 per cent of the travellers booking Costa Rica holidays taking part in activities like canopy, surfing, rafting, kayaking, diving and bungee jumping during the year 2012.
The appeal of Costa Rica's adventure tourism product is such that the ICT have expressed optimism in the nation's soon to be released 2012 tourism figures so much so that they have decided to spend $17 million on marketing in 2013.
Partnerships with key international airlines have also played a role in fueling the ICT's "high expectations" for 2013. Spanish airline, Iberia, currently collaborating with the ICT on a marketing campaign to promote holidays in Costa Rica, announced a six per cent increase in the number of seats it would be offering for Costa Rica flights. Similarly, JetBlue Airways have also announced that they would be increasing operations in Costa Rica with plans to add daily direct flights between Fort Lauderdale and San Jose, Costa Rica as of 27th June 2012.
The increased flights to Costa Rica from key source markets like the US, Spain, France, Germany and potentially China can only mean good things for the local restaurants, tour operators, craftsmen and not to mention the local hotels, all of whom will be looking to set themselves apart from the competition.
The Hotel Blue Conga in Puerto Viejo is certainly one of the Costa Rica hotels with the right formula to attract new guests. Its outstanding customer service, eco friendly approach and tranquil setting make it the ideal choice for anyone hoping to escape from the day-to-day hustle and bustle. Hotel Blue Conga has already proved popular with travelers with one recent review stating, "we were on the corner of a tropical paradise, and everything was green and blue and flowered and quiet... the vegetation and the way the buildings are set up make you feel you might be in a lodge miles deep into the jungle, and that the caretakers simply wandered off to forage for beautiful fruits to arrange on white plates" - this for many is the epitome of the Costa Rica holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...