Caribbean Travel to re-launch in February to promote the Caribbean
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has announced that the re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will be taking place on 28th February, 2013. The site will feature enhanced design and improved search facility that will make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has revealed that the anticipated re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will take place on 28th February. The new website will feature enhanced design and search capability to make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
"The Caribbean will now be represented by one voice, by one logo and will let the world know the Caribbean is here to stay," explained Vincent Vanderpool-Wallace, the former minister of tourism for the Bahamas and current consultant for the Caribbean Tourism Development Company (CTDC).
The CTDC was created in 2007 and is jointly owned by the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA). The purpose of the company is provide a social, commercial and marketing hub to help promote the entire Caribbean region and compete with other long-haul markets rather than directly competing with each other.
The president of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association, Richard Doumeng, recently spoke about the importance of the role the CTDC has in helping the region's nations working together to promote tourism and encourage foreign travellers to book holidays to the Caribbean.
"It is the largest un-owned brand name in the world. We are not fighting with each other anymore. Every warm weather destination on the planet is our competition and we need to bring people back here. That is worth a few percentage points of a tourism authority's budget to allocate toward a regional marketing campaign," he added.
The website is being re-launched to create an online portal where travellers can access information on all of the countries in the Caribbean, 24/7.
Every year, millions of tourists from all over the world take holidays in the Caribbean and the region is also a popular destination for weddings. Made up of an array of island nations, the Caribbean boasts tropical landscapes comprising white and pink sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, lush forests, soaring mountains and rolling emerald hills.
Holidaymakers can choose from luxury beachfront Caribbean hotels and resorts in Barbados or St Kitts and Nevis; family-friendly resorts in Jamaica and the Bahamas; romantic BandBs in Antigua and Barbuda; and scuba diving resorts in the Cayman Islands or Bonaire.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- Try surfing at Flowrider or swim with Dolphins at the Dolphinarium
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
- Enjoy the impressive resort credits which can be spent on golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...