Caribbean Travel to re-launch in February to promote the Caribbean
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has announced that the re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will be taking place on 28th February, 2013. The site will feature enhanced design and improved search facility that will make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has revealed that the anticipated re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will take place on 28th February. The new website will feature enhanced design and search capability to make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
"The Caribbean will now be represented by one voice, by one logo and will let the world know the Caribbean is here to stay," explained Vincent Vanderpool-Wallace, the former minister of tourism for the Bahamas and current consultant for the Caribbean Tourism Development Company (CTDC).
The CTDC was created in 2007 and is jointly owned by the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA). The purpose of the company is provide a social, commercial and marketing hub to help promote the entire Caribbean region and compete with other long-haul markets rather than directly competing with each other.
The president of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association, Richard Doumeng, recently spoke about the importance of the role the CTDC has in helping the region's nations working together to promote tourism and encourage foreign travellers to book holidays to the Caribbean.
"It is the largest un-owned brand name in the world. We are not fighting with each other anymore. Every warm weather destination on the planet is our competition and we need to bring people back here. That is worth a few percentage points of a tourism authority's budget to allocate toward a regional marketing campaign," he added.
The website is being re-launched to create an online portal where travellers can access information on all of the countries in the Caribbean, 24/7.
Every year, millions of tourists from all over the world take holidays in the Caribbean and the region is also a popular destination for weddings. Made up of an array of island nations, the Caribbean boasts tropical landscapes comprising white and pink sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, lush forests, soaring mountains and rolling emerald hills.
Holidaymakers can choose from luxury beachfront Caribbean hotels and resorts in Barbados or St Kitts and Nevis; family-friendly resorts in Jamaica and the Bahamas; romantic BandBs in Antigua and Barbuda; and scuba diving resorts in the Cayman Islands or Bonaire.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...