Melia announces further investment in Cuba hotels and the managing of new resorts in 2013
Melia Hotels has decided to kick-start 2013 by heavily investing in the Cuba holidays industry. The Spanish hotelier has just announced plans to start renovation and refurbishment projects across its existing hotels and resorts in Cuba as well start managing new properties islandwide.
The Spanish chain of hotels and resorts, Melia Hotels International has recently unveiled plans to promote further growth in the Cuba holiday industry by investing in its already existing collection of hotels and resorts throughout the island as well as revealing plans for the opening and managing of new Cuba hotels in 2013.
Renovation and refurbishment plans across top Melia resorts in Cuba will begin to take place this year, with the addition of new services and facilities for guests enjoying Cuba holidays. At the same time, Melia will start managing other hotel properties in the island as well as opening new ones.
The Spanish hotelier has reinforced its commitment to the Cuba holidays market and continues to place strong focus on the Caribbean island. Its main aims and objectives in Cuba are that of enhancing the luxury product to place their Cuba hotels in a better position among the lead agencies in this market, among other projects, reported the caribbeannewsdigital website.
The Cuba Division of this hotel chain had a meeting in which Gabriel Garcia, Melia Cuba's commercial director, described in detail some of these innovations.
He started by announcing the opening of the brand new Melia Marina Varadero Hotel, which will be equipped with all the facilities for long stays on land combined with liveaboard options for scuba diving enthusiasts. He also reminded guests how the former Tryp Peninsula Varadero, has now become into Melia Peninsula Varadero and he added they will reopen on May the Royal Service at the Paradisus Princesa del Mar, significantly extended with a section of 108 modern suites.
Mr Garcia also mentioned they have planned, by 2015, the opening of a new area called The Reserve at the five-star all inclusive Paradisus Varadero, with about 250 rooms, and in terms of new facilities is about to come true an old dream of the chain: to have a five-star hotel in Trinidad, located in the province of Sancti Spiritus .
A statement from Cuba Division reads that Melia Trinidad, as it's called the project developed in partnership with Cubanacan, will feature 400 rooms, various restaurants and bars, fitness centre, and a great hall of 600 square meters for meetings and recreational activities.
They are also thinking to make the necessary improvements to Sol Cayo Largo Hotel for it to reach the category of Melia, and they also expect to do the same with the Tryp Habana Libre, which will undergo major repairs in all areas.
Moreover, the other two hotels of the chain in Havana, Melia Cohiba and Melia Habana, will be renovated over the next year, just like the Melia Varadero, Melia Las Americas and Sol Palmeras, with recent investments of Cubanacan and Cubacan, reads the statement.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...