Melia announces further investment in Cuba hotels and the managing of new resorts in 2013
Melia Hotels has decided to kick-start 2013 by heavily investing in the Cuba holidays industry. The Spanish hotelier has just announced plans to start renovation and refurbishment projects across its existing hotels and resorts in Cuba as well start managing new properties islandwide.
The Spanish chain of hotels and resorts, Melia Hotels International has recently unveiled plans to promote further growth in the Cuba holiday industry by investing in its already existing collection of hotels and resorts throughout the island as well as revealing plans for the opening and managing of new Cuba hotels in 2013.
Renovation and refurbishment plans across top Melia resorts in Cuba will begin to take place this year, with the addition of new services and facilities for guests enjoying Cuba holidays. At the same time, Melia will start managing other hotel properties in the island as well as opening new ones.
The Spanish hotelier has reinforced its commitment to the Cuba holidays market and continues to place strong focus on the Caribbean island. Its main aims and objectives in Cuba are that of enhancing the luxury product to place their Cuba hotels in a better position among the lead agencies in this market, among other projects, reported the caribbeannewsdigital website.
The Cuba Division of this hotel chain had a meeting in which Gabriel Garcia, Melia Cuba's commercial director, described in detail some of these innovations.
He started by announcing the opening of the brand new Melia Marina Varadero Hotel, which will be equipped with all the facilities for long stays on land combined with liveaboard options for scuba diving enthusiasts. He also reminded guests how the former Tryp Peninsula Varadero, has now become into Melia Peninsula Varadero and he added they will reopen on May the Royal Service at the Paradisus Princesa del Mar, significantly extended with a section of 108 modern suites.
Mr Garcia also mentioned they have planned, by 2015, the opening of a new area called The Reserve at the five-star all inclusive Paradisus Varadero, with about 250 rooms, and in terms of new facilities is about to come true an old dream of the chain: to have a five-star hotel in Trinidad, located in the province of Sancti Spiritus .
A statement from Cuba Division reads that Melia Trinidad, as it's called the project developed in partnership with Cubanacan, will feature 400 rooms, various restaurants and bars, fitness centre, and a great hall of 600 square meters for meetings and recreational activities.
They are also thinking to make the necessary improvements to Sol Cayo Largo Hotel for it to reach the category of Melia, and they also expect to do the same with the Tryp Habana Libre, which will undergo major repairs in all areas.
Moreover, the other two hotels of the chain in Havana, Melia Cohiba and Melia Habana, will be renovated over the next year, just like the Melia Varadero, Melia Las Americas and Sol Palmeras, with recent investments of Cubanacan and Cubacan, reads the statement.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...