Melia announces further investment in Cuba hotels and the managing of new resorts in 2013
Melia Hotels has decided to kick-start 2013 by heavily investing in the Cuba holidays industry. The Spanish hotelier has just announced plans to start renovation and refurbishment projects across its existing hotels and resorts in Cuba as well start managing new properties islandwide.
The Spanish chain of hotels and resorts, Melia Hotels International has recently unveiled plans to promote further growth in the Cuba holiday industry by investing in its already existing collection of hotels and resorts throughout the island as well as revealing plans for the opening and managing of new Cuba hotels in 2013.
Renovation and refurbishment plans across top Melia resorts in Cuba will begin to take place this year, with the addition of new services and facilities for guests enjoying Cuba holidays. At the same time, Melia will start managing other hotel properties in the island as well as opening new ones.
The Spanish hotelier has reinforced its commitment to the Cuba holidays market and continues to place strong focus on the Caribbean island. Its main aims and objectives in Cuba are that of enhancing the luxury product to place their Cuba hotels in a better position among the lead agencies in this market, among other projects, reported the caribbeannewsdigital website.
The Cuba Division of this hotel chain had a meeting in which Gabriel Garcia, Melia Cuba's commercial director, described in detail some of these innovations.
He started by announcing the opening of the brand new Melia Marina Varadero Hotel, which will be equipped with all the facilities for long stays on land combined with liveaboard options for scuba diving enthusiasts. He also reminded guests how the former Tryp Peninsula Varadero, has now become into Melia Peninsula Varadero and he added they will reopen on May the Royal Service at the Paradisus Princesa del Mar, significantly extended with a section of 108 modern suites.
Mr Garcia also mentioned they have planned, by 2015, the opening of a new area called The Reserve at the five-star all inclusive Paradisus Varadero, with about 250 rooms, and in terms of new facilities is about to come true an old dream of the chain: to have a five-star hotel in Trinidad, located in the province of Sancti Spiritus .
A statement from Cuba Division reads that Melia Trinidad, as it's called the project developed in partnership with Cubanacan, will feature 400 rooms, various restaurants and bars, fitness centre, and a great hall of 600 square meters for meetings and recreational activities.
They are also thinking to make the necessary improvements to Sol Cayo Largo Hotel for it to reach the category of Melia, and they also expect to do the same with the Tryp Habana Libre, which will undergo major repairs in all areas.
Moreover, the other two hotels of the chain in Havana, Melia Cohiba and Melia Habana, will be renovated over the next year, just like the Melia Varadero, Melia Las Americas and Sol Palmeras, with recent investments of Cubanacan and Cubacan, reads the statement.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...