Cuba's beaches considered among best in the world by TripAdvisor users
According to a recent list published by TripAdvisor and compiled by voters of the popular online travel rewiew website, Cuba's beaches were ranked among the world's best, with two popular Cuban beach resorts featuring on the ranking.
Cuba’s top holiday beach resorts of Varadero and Cayo Coco have been listed among the 25 best beach destinations worldwide, as revealed by the results of a survey conducted by traveller’s opinion website TripAdvisor, considered the largest global travel network.
Cuba has long been known for the beauty of its beaches and the pristine condition of its beach resorts and uninhabited keys. In fact, the “sun, sea and sand” factor is one of its top assets and the main draw for worldwide visitors taking holidays in Cuba.
The famed 20-kilometre-long Varadero beach reached came out in number 10 while the isolated and virtually deserted beaches of the Cayo Coco key (a tiny islet off Cuba’s mainland) came out on the number 20 spot.
The selection of top beach resorts adheres to the criteria of millions of tourists who’ve been there and tried and tested the elected beaches while on Cuba holidays. It was those past visitors to Cuba’s opinions that led Varadero and Cayo Coco to not only be nominated and feature on the list but also to be granted the tenth place and 20th positon on the Travellers Choice prize 2012 by TripAdvisor.
In that category, the top five beach resorts as chosen by sun-seekers and holidaymakers were Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands), Palm/Tagle beach (Aruba), Tulum (Mexico), Negril (Jamaica) and Saint Pete Beach, Florida (the United States).
TripAdvisor carries out yearly surveys from travellers' opinions and guides people interested in finding new, better places.
Varadero has been receiving one million foreign visitors for three consecutive years while the Melia Cayo Coco Hotel, in central-northern Cuba, also received the Travellers Choice award 2012 for its conditions and respect for natural environment.
Cuba has been receiving two million visitors annually over the past few years and is expected to close 2012 with 2.9 million travellers in over 60,000 rooms of some 300 hotels countrywide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...