Cuba's beaches considered among best in the world by TripAdvisor users
According to a recent list published by TripAdvisor and compiled by voters of the popular online travel rewiew website, Cuba's beaches were ranked among the world's best, with two popular Cuban beach resorts featuring on the ranking.
Cuba’s top holiday beach resorts of Varadero and Cayo Coco have been listed among the 25 best beach destinations worldwide, as revealed by the results of a survey conducted by traveller’s opinion website TripAdvisor, considered the largest global travel network.
Cuba has long been known for the beauty of its beaches and the pristine condition of its beach resorts and uninhabited keys. In fact, the “sun, sea and sand” factor is one of its top assets and the main draw for worldwide visitors taking holidays in Cuba.
The famed 20-kilometre-long Varadero beach reached came out in number 10 while the isolated and virtually deserted beaches of the Cayo Coco key (a tiny islet off Cuba’s mainland) came out on the number 20 spot.
The selection of top beach resorts adheres to the criteria of millions of tourists who’ve been there and tried and tested the elected beaches while on Cuba holidays. It was those past visitors to Cuba’s opinions that led Varadero and Cayo Coco to not only be nominated and feature on the list but also to be granted the tenth place and 20th positon on the Travellers Choice prize 2012 by TripAdvisor.
In that category, the top five beach resorts as chosen by sun-seekers and holidaymakers were Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands), Palm/Tagle beach (Aruba), Tulum (Mexico), Negril (Jamaica) and Saint Pete Beach, Florida (the United States).
TripAdvisor carries out yearly surveys from travellers' opinions and guides people interested in finding new, better places.
Varadero has been receiving one million foreign visitors for three consecutive years while the Melia Cayo Coco Hotel, in central-northern Cuba, also received the Travellers Choice award 2012 for its conditions and respect for natural environment.
Cuba has been receiving two million visitors annually over the past few years and is expected to close 2012 with 2.9 million travellers in over 60,000 rooms of some 300 hotels countrywide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...