Cuba's beaches considered among best in the world by TripAdvisor users
According to a recent list published by TripAdvisor and compiled by voters of the popular online travel rewiew website, Cuba's beaches were ranked among the world's best, with two popular Cuban beach resorts featuring on the ranking.
Cuba’s top holiday beach resorts of Varadero and Cayo Coco have been listed among the 25 best beach destinations worldwide, as revealed by the results of a survey conducted by traveller’s opinion website TripAdvisor, considered the largest global travel network.
Cuba has long been known for the beauty of its beaches and the pristine condition of its beach resorts and uninhabited keys. In fact, the “sun, sea and sand” factor is one of its top assets and the main draw for worldwide visitors taking holidays in Cuba.
The famed 20-kilometre-long Varadero beach reached came out in number 10 while the isolated and virtually deserted beaches of the Cayo Coco key (a tiny islet off Cuba’s mainland) came out on the number 20 spot.
The selection of top beach resorts adheres to the criteria of millions of tourists who’ve been there and tried and tested the elected beaches while on Cuba holidays. It was those past visitors to Cuba’s opinions that led Varadero and Cayo Coco to not only be nominated and feature on the list but also to be granted the tenth place and 20th positon on the Travellers Choice prize 2012 by TripAdvisor.
In that category, the top five beach resorts as chosen by sun-seekers and holidaymakers were Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands), Palm/Tagle beach (Aruba), Tulum (Mexico), Negril (Jamaica) and Saint Pete Beach, Florida (the United States).
TripAdvisor carries out yearly surveys from travellers' opinions and guides people interested in finding new, better places.
Varadero has been receiving one million foreign visitors for three consecutive years while the Melia Cayo Coco Hotel, in central-northern Cuba, also received the Travellers Choice award 2012 for its conditions and respect for natural environment.
Cuba has been receiving two million visitors annually over the past few years and is expected to close 2012 with 2.9 million travellers in over 60,000 rooms of some 300 hotels countrywide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...