Cuba's beaches considered among best in the world by TripAdvisor users
According to a recent list published by TripAdvisor and compiled by voters of the popular online travel rewiew website, Cuba's beaches were ranked among the world's best, with two popular Cuban beach resorts featuring on the ranking.
Cuba’s top holiday beach resorts of Varadero and Cayo Coco have been listed among the 25 best beach destinations worldwide, as revealed by the results of a survey conducted by traveller’s opinion website TripAdvisor, considered the largest global travel network.
Cuba has long been known for the beauty of its beaches and the pristine condition of its beach resorts and uninhabited keys. In fact, the “sun, sea and sand” factor is one of its top assets and the main draw for worldwide visitors taking holidays in Cuba.
The famed 20-kilometre-long Varadero beach reached came out in number 10 while the isolated and virtually deserted beaches of the Cayo Coco key (a tiny islet off Cuba’s mainland) came out on the number 20 spot.
The selection of top beach resorts adheres to the criteria of millions of tourists who’ve been there and tried and tested the elected beaches while on Cuba holidays. It was those past visitors to Cuba’s opinions that led Varadero and Cayo Coco to not only be nominated and feature on the list but also to be granted the tenth place and 20th positon on the Travellers Choice prize 2012 by TripAdvisor.
In that category, the top five beach resorts as chosen by sun-seekers and holidaymakers were Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands), Palm/Tagle beach (Aruba), Tulum (Mexico), Negril (Jamaica) and Saint Pete Beach, Florida (the United States).
TripAdvisor carries out yearly surveys from travellers' opinions and guides people interested in finding new, better places.
Varadero has been receiving one million foreign visitors for three consecutive years while the Melia Cayo Coco Hotel, in central-northern Cuba, also received the Travellers Choice award 2012 for its conditions and respect for natural environment.
Cuba has been receiving two million visitors annually over the past few years and is expected to close 2012 with 2.9 million travellers in over 60,000 rooms of some 300 hotels countrywide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...