Cuba's beaches considered among best in the world by TripAdvisor users
According to a recent list published by TripAdvisor and compiled by voters of the popular online travel rewiew website, Cuba's beaches were ranked among the world's best, with two popular Cuban beach resorts featuring on the ranking.
Cuba’s top holiday beach resorts of Varadero and Cayo Coco have been listed among the 25 best beach destinations worldwide, as revealed by the results of a survey conducted by traveller’s opinion website TripAdvisor, considered the largest global travel network.
Cuba has long been known for the beauty of its beaches and the pristine condition of its beach resorts and uninhabited keys. In fact, the “sun, sea and sand” factor is one of its top assets and the main draw for worldwide visitors taking holidays in Cuba.
The famed 20-kilometre-long Varadero beach reached came out in number 10 while the isolated and virtually deserted beaches of the Cayo Coco key (a tiny islet off Cuba’s mainland) came out on the number 20 spot.
The selection of top beach resorts adheres to the criteria of millions of tourists who’ve been there and tried and tested the elected beaches while on Cuba holidays. It was those past visitors to Cuba’s opinions that led Varadero and Cayo Coco to not only be nominated and feature on the list but also to be granted the tenth place and 20th positon on the Travellers Choice prize 2012 by TripAdvisor.
In that category, the top five beach resorts as chosen by sun-seekers and holidaymakers were Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands), Palm/Tagle beach (Aruba), Tulum (Mexico), Negril (Jamaica) and Saint Pete Beach, Florida (the United States).
TripAdvisor carries out yearly surveys from travellers' opinions and guides people interested in finding new, better places.
Varadero has been receiving one million foreign visitors for three consecutive years while the Melia Cayo Coco Hotel, in central-northern Cuba, also received the Travellers Choice award 2012 for its conditions and respect for natural environment.
Cuba has been receiving two million visitors annually over the past few years and is expected to close 2012 with 2.9 million travellers in over 60,000 rooms of some 300 hotels countrywide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...