Hyatt Hotels to enter Sri Lanka holidays market with opening of new property
Unveiling the creation of their first ever property in the coveted Indian Ocean island, the Hyatt Hotels & Resorts group has announced their entering into the Sri Lanka holidays market with the opening of the new Hyatt Regency Colombo, to be located in the island's vibrant capital city and which is expected to open in 2014.
The Hyatt group has recently announced their plans to open their first ever hotel in Sri Lanka and revealed how a company affiliate entered into a management agreement with Sinolanka Hotels & Spa for the creation of a new Hyatt Regency hotel in Sri Lanka’s capital city, Colombo.
With this the brand new Hyatt Regency Colombo would become the first ever Hyatt-branded property in the Indian Ocean island, offering discerning travellers heading to Sri Lanka holidays the superior level of comfort that Hyatt hotels are known for.
Senior Vice President – Real Estate and Development in the Asia Pacific region for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Ratnesh Verma said of the new opening: “Sri Lanka continues to be a growing market, and we are excited to work with Sinolanka on this iconic project in Colombo,”
“Establishing our brand’s presence in key gateway cities like Colombo is an integral part of our strategy to drive preference for the Hyatt brand in the South Asian region.
“We believe the hotel’s excellent location and full range of services and dining options will meet the needs of both business and leisure travellers.
“It is our privilege to work with Sinolanka and be part of the government’s initiatives to develop tourism infrastructure in Sri Lanka.”
Scheduled to open sometime in 2014, the new Hyatt Regency Colombo will be a luxury 42-floor hotel on Galle Road, which is one of the main arterial roads in the central business district area of Sri Lanka’s vibrant and bustling capital city. Its positioning will provide an ideal base for curious visitors enjoying holidays in Sri Lanka in the chapital.
Upon completion, the property will feature 475 guestrooms and 84 serviced apartments, as well as a lobby lounge, an all-day dining, multi-cuisine restaurant, three specialty restaurants, a bar, eight spa treatment rooms, a fitness centre, a swimming pool, and a Regency Club lounge.
In additon to all this, the hotel will also comprise over 17,000 sq ft (1,579 sq m) of enclosed meeting space, including a 7,500 sq ft (696 sq m) ballroom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...