Hyatt Hotels to enter Sri Lanka holidays market with opening of new property
Unveiling the creation of their first ever property in the coveted Indian Ocean island, the Hyatt Hotels & Resorts group has announced their entering into the Sri Lanka holidays market with the opening of the new Hyatt Regency Colombo, to be located in the island's vibrant capital city and which is expected to open in 2014.
The Hyatt group has recently announced their plans to open their first ever hotel in Sri Lanka and revealed how a company affiliate entered into a management agreement with Sinolanka Hotels & Spa for the creation of a new Hyatt Regency hotel in Sri Lanka’s capital city, Colombo.
With this the brand new Hyatt Regency Colombo would become the first ever Hyatt-branded property in the Indian Ocean island, offering discerning travellers heading to Sri Lanka holidays the superior level of comfort that Hyatt hotels are known for.
Senior Vice President – Real Estate and Development in the Asia Pacific region for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Ratnesh Verma said of the new opening: “Sri Lanka continues to be a growing market, and we are excited to work with Sinolanka on this iconic project in Colombo,”
“Establishing our brand’s presence in key gateway cities like Colombo is an integral part of our strategy to drive preference for the Hyatt brand in the South Asian region.
“We believe the hotel’s excellent location and full range of services and dining options will meet the needs of both business and leisure travellers.
“It is our privilege to work with Sinolanka and be part of the government’s initiatives to develop tourism infrastructure in Sri Lanka.”
Scheduled to open sometime in 2014, the new Hyatt Regency Colombo will be a luxury 42-floor hotel on Galle Road, which is one of the main arterial roads in the central business district area of Sri Lanka’s vibrant and bustling capital city. Its positioning will provide an ideal base for curious visitors enjoying holidays in Sri Lanka in the chapital.
Upon completion, the property will feature 475 guestrooms and 84 serviced apartments, as well as a lobby lounge, an all-day dining, multi-cuisine restaurant, three specialty restaurants, a bar, eight spa treatment rooms, a fitness centre, a swimming pool, and a Regency Club lounge.
In additon to all this, the hotel will also comprise over 17,000 sq ft (1,579 sq m) of enclosed meeting space, including a 7,500 sq ft (696 sq m) ballroom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...