Hyatt Hotels to enter Sri Lanka holidays market with opening of new property
Unveiling the creation of their first ever property in the coveted Indian Ocean island, the Hyatt Hotels & Resorts group has announced their entering into the Sri Lanka holidays market with the opening of the new Hyatt Regency Colombo, to be located in the island's vibrant capital city and which is expected to open in 2014.
The Hyatt group has recently announced their plans to open their first ever hotel in Sri Lanka and revealed how a company affiliate entered into a management agreement with Sinolanka Hotels & Spa for the creation of a new Hyatt Regency hotel in Sri Lanka’s capital city, Colombo.
With this the brand new Hyatt Regency Colombo would become the first ever Hyatt-branded property in the Indian Ocean island, offering discerning travellers heading to Sri Lanka holidays the superior level of comfort that Hyatt hotels are known for.
Senior Vice President – Real Estate and Development in the Asia Pacific region for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Ratnesh Verma said of the new opening: “Sri Lanka continues to be a growing market, and we are excited to work with Sinolanka on this iconic project in Colombo,”
“Establishing our brand’s presence in key gateway cities like Colombo is an integral part of our strategy to drive preference for the Hyatt brand in the South Asian region.
“We believe the hotel’s excellent location and full range of services and dining options will meet the needs of both business and leisure travellers.
“It is our privilege to work with Sinolanka and be part of the government’s initiatives to develop tourism infrastructure in Sri Lanka.”
Scheduled to open sometime in 2014, the new Hyatt Regency Colombo will be a luxury 42-floor hotel on Galle Road, which is one of the main arterial roads in the central business district area of Sri Lanka’s vibrant and bustling capital city. Its positioning will provide an ideal base for curious visitors enjoying holidays in Sri Lanka in the chapital.
Upon completion, the property will feature 475 guestrooms and 84 serviced apartments, as well as a lobby lounge, an all-day dining, multi-cuisine restaurant, three specialty restaurants, a bar, eight spa treatment rooms, a fitness centre, a swimming pool, and a Regency Club lounge.
In additon to all this, the hotel will also comprise over 17,000 sq ft (1,579 sq m) of enclosed meeting space, including a 7,500 sq ft (696 sq m) ballroom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...