Kempinski hotels set to take advantage of the growing popularity of Africa holidays
Kempinski hotels have recently announced that they will be expanding their operations in Africa as the hotel firm seeks to become the leading hotel for travellers planning their adventurous Africa holidays. The announcement was made during the recently held Africa Hotel Investment Forum with key Kempinski officials in attendance including chief operating officer Duncan O'Rourke and he regional president of Middle Eat and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt.
During the recent Africa Hotel Investment Forum held in Nairobi, Kempinski Hotels took the opportunity to announce the decision to expand its operations in Africa. The move will be seen by many as a natural next step for the hotel firm given the undeniable appeal of Africa holidays. Travellers interested in the region as a holiday destination have a variety of holiday packages to chose from including adventurous safari holiday in Kenya or Tanzania to a relaxing luxury sun sea and sand holiday in the Seychelles, Africa has something for every taste.
As part of its expansion plans, the hotel firm reportedly has five hotels already under development in the region and officials have undertaken a review of new management agreement in over a dozen countries. High profile representatives of Kempinski hotels including chief operating officer, Duncan O'Rourke and the regional president of Middle East and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt were said to have arrived early to Nairobi in order to attend the forum.
Of his firm's new growth strategy in Africa Mr Eckhardt noted that Africa is the ideal market for a hotel firm like Kempinski in light of the increasing number of travellers booking their thrilling Africa holidays each year, "It's no longer a secret that Africa is going to be the next big growth story in the world, which is why we are already operating hotels on the continent in places like Djibouti, Tchad, Namibia, and the Seychelles; as well as looking for more opportunities to expand our portfolio in this region"
Kempinski have also made it no secret that it hopes to become the leading luxury Africa hotel and has set itself a five year timeframe to meet its goal. However, the hotel firm has also highlighted the ways in which its expansion will also help the local communities. Estimates suggest that Kempinski's expansion strategy would create in excess of 5000 jobs in Africa. With the hospitality industry said to be one of the world's fastest growing industries, Africa's young population will certainly be a vital part of Kempinski's road to success in the region.
Eckhardt stated, "Africa is poised for impressive growth and it's not only rich in natural resources, more importantly it's rich in people. Africa has a growing population of creative and driven young people, who are seeking opportunities for long-term careers...Kempinski prioritizes talent development and provides ongoing opportunities for our staff to learn and to grow...We are committed to building sustainable business in Africa and the key to our success so far has been to build on the strength of local talent and African traditions of hospitality"
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...