Kempinski hotels set to take advantage of the growing popularity of Africa holidays
Kempinski hotels have recently announced that they will be expanding their operations in Africa as the hotel firm seeks to become the leading hotel for travellers planning their adventurous Africa holidays. The announcement was made during the recently held Africa Hotel Investment Forum with key Kempinski officials in attendance including chief operating officer Duncan O'Rourke and he regional president of Middle Eat and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt.
During the recent Africa Hotel Investment Forum held in Nairobi, Kempinski Hotels took the opportunity to announce the decision to expand its operations in Africa. The move will be seen by many as a natural next step for the hotel firm given the undeniable appeal of Africa holidays. Travellers interested in the region as a holiday destination have a variety of holiday packages to chose from including adventurous safari holiday in Kenya or Tanzania to a relaxing luxury sun sea and sand holiday in the Seychelles, Africa has something for every taste.
As part of its expansion plans, the hotel firm reportedly has five hotels already under development in the region and officials have undertaken a review of new management agreement in over a dozen countries. High profile representatives of Kempinski hotels including chief operating officer, Duncan O'Rourke and the regional president of Middle East and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt were said to have arrived early to Nairobi in order to attend the forum.
Of his firm's new growth strategy in Africa Mr Eckhardt noted that Africa is the ideal market for a hotel firm like Kempinski in light of the increasing number of travellers booking their thrilling Africa holidays each year, "It's no longer a secret that Africa is going to be the next big growth story in the world, which is why we are already operating hotels on the continent in places like Djibouti, Tchad, Namibia, and the Seychelles; as well as looking for more opportunities to expand our portfolio in this region"
Kempinski have also made it no secret that it hopes to become the leading luxury Africa hotel and has set itself a five year timeframe to meet its goal. However, the hotel firm has also highlighted the ways in which its expansion will also help the local communities. Estimates suggest that Kempinski's expansion strategy would create in excess of 5000 jobs in Africa. With the hospitality industry said to be one of the world's fastest growing industries, Africa's young population will certainly be a vital part of Kempinski's road to success in the region.
Eckhardt stated, "Africa is poised for impressive growth and it's not only rich in natural resources, more importantly it's rich in people. Africa has a growing population of creative and driven young people, who are seeking opportunities for long-term careers...Kempinski prioritizes talent development and provides ongoing opportunities for our staff to learn and to grow...We are committed to building sustainable business in Africa and the key to our success so far has been to build on the strength of local talent and African traditions of hospitality"
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...