Kempinski hotels set to take advantage of the growing popularity of Africa holidays
Kempinski hotels have recently announced that they will be expanding their operations in Africa as the hotel firm seeks to become the leading hotel for travellers planning their adventurous Africa holidays. The announcement was made during the recently held Africa Hotel Investment Forum with key Kempinski officials in attendance including chief operating officer Duncan O'Rourke and he regional president of Middle Eat and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt.
During the recent Africa Hotel Investment Forum held in Nairobi, Kempinski Hotels took the opportunity to announce the decision to expand its operations in Africa. The move will be seen by many as a natural next step for the hotel firm given the undeniable appeal of Africa holidays. Travellers interested in the region as a holiday destination have a variety of holiday packages to chose from including adventurous safari holiday in Kenya or Tanzania to a relaxing luxury sun sea and sand holiday in the Seychelles, Africa has something for every taste.
As part of its expansion plans, the hotel firm reportedly has five hotels already under development in the region and officials have undertaken a review of new management agreement in over a dozen countries. High profile representatives of Kempinski hotels including chief operating officer, Duncan O'Rourke and the regional president of Middle East and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt were said to have arrived early to Nairobi in order to attend the forum.
Of his firm's new growth strategy in Africa Mr Eckhardt noted that Africa is the ideal market for a hotel firm like Kempinski in light of the increasing number of travellers booking their thrilling Africa holidays each year, "It's no longer a secret that Africa is going to be the next big growth story in the world, which is why we are already operating hotels on the continent in places like Djibouti, Tchad, Namibia, and the Seychelles; as well as looking for more opportunities to expand our portfolio in this region"
Kempinski have also made it no secret that it hopes to become the leading luxury Africa hotel and has set itself a five year timeframe to meet its goal. However, the hotel firm has also highlighted the ways in which its expansion will also help the local communities. Estimates suggest that Kempinski's expansion strategy would create in excess of 5000 jobs in Africa. With the hospitality industry said to be one of the world's fastest growing industries, Africa's young population will certainly be a vital part of Kempinski's road to success in the region.
Eckhardt stated, "Africa is poised for impressive growth and it's not only rich in natural resources, more importantly it's rich in people. Africa has a growing population of creative and driven young people, who are seeking opportunities for long-term careers...Kempinski prioritizes talent development and provides ongoing opportunities for our staff to learn and to grow...We are committed to building sustainable business in Africa and the key to our success so far has been to build on the strength of local talent and African traditions of hospitality"
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...