Kempinski hotels set to take advantage of the growing popularity of Africa holidays
Kempinski hotels have recently announced that they will be expanding their operations in Africa as the hotel firm seeks to become the leading hotel for travellers planning their adventurous Africa holidays. The announcement was made during the recently held Africa Hotel Investment Forum with key Kempinski officials in attendance including chief operating officer Duncan O'Rourke and he regional president of Middle Eat and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt.
During the recent Africa Hotel Investment Forum held in Nairobi, Kempinski Hotels took the opportunity to announce the decision to expand its operations in Africa. The move will be seen by many as a natural next step for the hotel firm given the undeniable appeal of Africa holidays. Travellers interested in the region as a holiday destination have a variety of holiday packages to chose from including adventurous safari holiday in Kenya or Tanzania to a relaxing luxury sun sea and sand holiday in the Seychelles, Africa has something for every taste.
As part of its expansion plans, the hotel firm reportedly has five hotels already under development in the region and officials have undertaken a review of new management agreement in over a dozen countries. High profile representatives of Kempinski hotels including chief operating officer, Duncan O'Rourke and the regional president of Middle East and Africa Ulrich Eckhardt were said to have arrived early to Nairobi in order to attend the forum.
Of his firm's new growth strategy in Africa Mr Eckhardt noted that Africa is the ideal market for a hotel firm like Kempinski in light of the increasing number of travellers booking their thrilling Africa holidays each year, "It's no longer a secret that Africa is going to be the next big growth story in the world, which is why we are already operating hotels on the continent in places like Djibouti, Tchad, Namibia, and the Seychelles; as well as looking for more opportunities to expand our portfolio in this region"
Kempinski have also made it no secret that it hopes to become the leading luxury Africa hotel and has set itself a five year timeframe to meet its goal. However, the hotel firm has also highlighted the ways in which its expansion will also help the local communities. Estimates suggest that Kempinski's expansion strategy would create in excess of 5000 jobs in Africa. With the hospitality industry said to be one of the world's fastest growing industries, Africa's young population will certainly be a vital part of Kempinski's road to success in the region.
Eckhardt stated, "Africa is poised for impressive growth and it's not only rich in natural resources, more importantly it's rich in people. Africa has a growing population of creative and driven young people, who are seeking opportunities for long-term careers...Kempinski prioritizes talent development and provides ongoing opportunities for our staff to learn and to grow...We are committed to building sustainable business in Africa and the key to our success so far has been to build on the strength of local talent and African traditions of hospitality"
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with discount savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...