The Seychelles holidays industry continues to celebrate Tourism Week 2012
The Seychelles tourism industry's Tourism Week 2012 celebrations are currently drawing to a close with the official close set for the 29th September 2012. The nation's economy is highly dependent on the legions of travellers who book Seychelles holidays each year and as such, the programme coordinated by the Celebrate Seychelles Events Department of the Tourism Board included a variety of activities that underscores the importance of the Seychelles tourism industry.
Tourism officials at the Seychelles continue to underscore their nation's commitment to the local tourism industry as the Celebrate Seychelles Events Department of the Tourism Board recently launched their Tourism Week 2012 programme. The celebrations, which began on the 24th September and will close on the 29th September 2012, with a host of activities planned including official recognition of World Tourism Day on the 27th of September.
With the Seychelles economy highly dependent on the increasing number of travellers who book luxury Seychelles holidays each year, it is only fitting that the nation be one of the countries who have answered the World Tourism Organisation's (UNWTO) call to honour World Tourism Day. The Seychelles' Minister of Tourism, Alain St Ange, publicly noted that it would be hypocritical of the Seychelles if it opted not to join the Community of Nations to mark World Tourism Day in light of the contribution that the industry makes to the Seychelles. As such, Mr St Ange delivered a public address on the 27th via the Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation (SBC).,the national radio and other local TV stations.
Some of items outlined for the week of celebration included a Tourism Fair and Workshop as well as a televised promotional program highlighting the island's continued efforts to develop and promote sustainable holidays in Seychelles. Viewers will witness the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Tourism Board and the Seychelles National Parks Authority highlighting the cooperative efforts between both organisations.
Also planned is a special Clean Up The World Campaign Activity- in keeping with the theme of sustainable tourism. The Seychelles is often praised as one of the cleanest destinations and there is no doubt that Mr St. Ange is aware of the importance of maintaining and building on this reputation if Seychelles holidays are to remain a popular choice for holidaymakers around the globe.
Recently, the Seychelles was named as the nation with the best waters- making it the ultimate choice for those travellers looking for the perfect beach holiday destination. The results, based on a study conducted using a new index developed by researchers in the US and Canada, were reported in the National Features publication which stated, "Seychelles and Germany have the healthiest seas of any inhabited territory... Seychelles, one of only two developing nations in the top 12, ranked fourth with a score of 73 out of 100".
The nation was bested only by a handful of uninhabited territories in the South Pacific and Pacific Oceans.
With Tourism Week now drawing to a close, one can be sure that spirits will be high in the Seychelles. The archipelago has a lot to celebrate and look forward to as its tourism industry continues to develop.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Simply bask and unwind or enjoy action packed excursions and forget your everyday worries.
- The colonial grandeur, tropical gardens and the turquoise Indian ocean views, provides the most stunning and exotic scenery within which to relax and unwind.
- Enjoy activities and excursions galore. Try golfing, sailing, fishing, diving, walking, island hopping, a sunset cruise and a UNESCO World Heritage Site visit.
- The romantic Jetty ‘L’Obrizan Restaurant’ celebrates stunning views of incoming yachts and local fish.
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island and stay at the...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...