Virgin Atlantic to increase frequency of Cancun flights after successful launch
Following a successful launch of Virgin's route to Cancun in June 2012, the British carrier are keen to introduce an extra third flight service to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in order to keep up with rising demand from British travellers going after the coveted Cancun holiday breaks.
Following “unprecedented demand” for the newly launched flights to Cancun that Virgin Atlantic started offering in June this year, the carrier has announced it will be increasing its services to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in Mexico in order to keep with rising demand.
Met with a huge sucess by UK travellers, with over 40,000 bookings made by passengers prior to the first scheduled flight that launched in June 2012, Virgin Atlantic’s new Cancun flights have been highly successful in the domestic market of British holidaymakers choosing the airline as their number one carrier when planning their holidays to Cancun.
This puts Virgin’s new Cancun route in a privileged position as one of the company’s most successful new services to ever launch in the airline’s history.
The British carrier famously owned by business tycoon Richard Branson, has been quick to answer to the demands of travellers planning Cancun holidays next year by confirming it would increase the frequency of current twice-weekly service to a thrice-weekly service starting from 4th April 2013.
Virgin Atlantic’s Director of Commercial and Revenue Planning, Edmond Rose, said of the soon-to-launch extra route to Cancun, “Cancun is performing extremely well for us and in fact, is one of our most successful launches ever,” said Edmond Rose, Virgin Atlantic’s director of commercial and revenue planning.
“Transatlantic routes have always been at the core of Virgin Atlantic’s business and we are delighted to be able to show our commitment to Mexico and add the extra service.”
With visitors to Cancun increasing every year and 2011 proving to be a record-breaking year in particular, it’s no wonder increase for this air route has also risen, especially when British visitors taking holidays in Cancun increased by 11.6 per cent between 2012 and 2011.
Only last year alone, Mexico welcomed a record number of 23 million international visitors, a large portion of which arrived to the island for trendy Cancun breaks or long Cancun holidays in the pristine Riviera Maya region.
Amanda Wills, Virgin Holidays’ Managin Director, further emphasised how the company's new Cancun flights would be an increasingly popular holiday destination for its customers.
“There is so much in the destination to appeal to UK holidaymakers and there’s no reason why the demand we’ve seen so far won’t grow even more," she concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
The perfect family holiday in Mexico with plenty of opportunities for fun activities
- Located on the north side of Cancun by Puerto Juarez just 20 minutes by car from the airport
- Enjoy the Mexican, European and American delicious cuisine combined with fabulous atmosphere
- Fun for the whole family with activities for all ages
Spend a week in Mexican Caribbean paradise with a fabulous all inclusive deal at a price that's hard to resist.
- The perfect location only 25 minutes from the airport and minutes away from downtown Cancun
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Spa treatments or benefit from the unlimited access to the Fitness Centre
- Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment while your kids are having fun at the Kids Club
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape the real world for a while and plunge yourself into the Caribbean paradise of Cancun's all-inclusive, adults-only...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...