Virgin Atlantic to increase frequency of Cancun flights after successful launch
Following a successful launch of Virgin's route to Cancun in June 2012, the British carrier are keen to introduce an extra third flight service to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in order to keep up with rising demand from British travellers going after the coveted Cancun holiday breaks.
Following “unprecedented demand” for the newly launched flights to Cancun that Virgin Atlantic started offering in June this year, the carrier has announced it will be increasing its services to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in Mexico in order to keep with rising demand.
Met with a huge sucess by UK travellers, with over 40,000 bookings made by passengers prior to the first scheduled flight that launched in June 2012, Virgin Atlantic’s new Cancun flights have been highly successful in the domestic market of British holidaymakers choosing the airline as their number one carrier when planning their holidays to Cancun.
This puts Virgin’s new Cancun route in a privileged position as one of the company’s most successful new services to ever launch in the airline’s history.
The British carrier famously owned by business tycoon Richard Branson, has been quick to answer to the demands of travellers planning Cancun holidays next year by confirming it would increase the frequency of current twice-weekly service to a thrice-weekly service starting from 4th April 2013.
Virgin Atlantic’s Director of Commercial and Revenue Planning, Edmond Rose, said of the soon-to-launch extra route to Cancun, “Cancun is performing extremely well for us and in fact, is one of our most successful launches ever,” said Edmond Rose, Virgin Atlantic’s director of commercial and revenue planning.
“Transatlantic routes have always been at the core of Virgin Atlantic’s business and we are delighted to be able to show our commitment to Mexico and add the extra service.”
With visitors to Cancun increasing every year and 2011 proving to be a record-breaking year in particular, it’s no wonder increase for this air route has also risen, especially when British visitors taking holidays in Cancun increased by 11.6 per cent between 2012 and 2011.
Only last year alone, Mexico welcomed a record number of 23 million international visitors, a large portion of which arrived to the island for trendy Cancun breaks or long Cancun holidays in the pristine Riviera Maya region.
Amanda Wills, Virgin Holidays’ Managin Director, further emphasised how the company's new Cancun flights would be an increasingly popular holiday destination for its customers.
“There is so much in the destination to appeal to UK holidaymakers and there’s no reason why the demand we’ve seen so far won’t grow even more," she concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Whether you desire tranquil relaxation or round-the-clock excitement, there is plenty on offer to suit all tastes.
- Vibrant nightlife with a nightclub, theatre and various events showcasing in-house performers, complementing the many bars
- Exceptional culinary range offering something for every occasion
- All inclusive programme include unlimited food and beverages, plus access to beautiful gardens and private beaches
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
This legendary Hard Rock Resort is perfect for the whole family on the beautiful shores of Cancun, it even Includes up to $2,500 resort credit for additional extras
- When staying for a minimum of 5 nights between 1st September - 31st October 2017, One child per room can enjoy unlimited playtime free with various inclusions sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Receive up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Pamper yourself at the Rock Spa with outdoor Palapa style massage areas
- Choose from 6 restaurants and 5 bars
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
Party, get active and unwind upon a beautiful stretch of white sand beach in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone, at the...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...