Virgin Atlantic to increase frequency of Cancun flights after successful launch
Following a successful launch of Virgin's route to Cancun in June 2012, the British carrier are keen to introduce an extra third flight service to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in order to keep up with rising demand from British travellers going after the coveted Cancun holiday breaks.
Following “unprecedented demand” for the newly launched flights to Cancun that Virgin Atlantic started offering in June this year, the carrier has announced it will be increasing its services to the popular Caribbean holiday destination in Mexico in order to keep with rising demand.
Met with a huge sucess by UK travellers, with over 40,000 bookings made by passengers prior to the first scheduled flight that launched in June 2012, Virgin Atlantic’s new Cancun flights have been highly successful in the domestic market of British holidaymakers choosing the airline as their number one carrier when planning their holidays to Cancun.
This puts Virgin’s new Cancun route in a privileged position as one of the company’s most successful new services to ever launch in the airline’s history.
The British carrier famously owned by business tycoon Richard Branson, has been quick to answer to the demands of travellers planning Cancun holidays next year by confirming it would increase the frequency of current twice-weekly service to a thrice-weekly service starting from 4th April 2013.
Virgin Atlantic’s Director of Commercial and Revenue Planning, Edmond Rose, said of the soon-to-launch extra route to Cancun, “Cancun is performing extremely well for us and in fact, is one of our most successful launches ever,” said Edmond Rose, Virgin Atlantic’s director of commercial and revenue planning.
“Transatlantic routes have always been at the core of Virgin Atlantic’s business and we are delighted to be able to show our commitment to Mexico and add the extra service.”
With visitors to Cancun increasing every year and 2011 proving to be a record-breaking year in particular, it’s no wonder increase for this air route has also risen, especially when British visitors taking holidays in Cancun increased by 11.6 per cent between 2012 and 2011.
Only last year alone, Mexico welcomed a record number of 23 million international visitors, a large portion of which arrived to the island for trendy Cancun breaks or long Cancun holidays in the pristine Riviera Maya region.
Amanda Wills, Virgin Holidays’ Managin Director, further emphasised how the company's new Cancun flights would be an increasingly popular holiday destination for its customers.
“There is so much in the destination to appeal to UK holidaymakers and there’s no reason why the demand we’ve seen so far won’t grow even more," she concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The resort in the heart of Cancun offers the best of both worlds with a variety of sports on offer and a large lagoon-like swimming pool providing the perfect place to relax at oasis cancun
- Oasis Cancun combines superb facilities and relaxing surroundings to create an ideal holiday atmosphere
- Located beside a beautiful stretch of white sand beach in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone surrounded by expansive lawns and tropical gardens
- The Resort offers a vast range of sports with unlimited golf, tennis, volleyball and a variety of water sports at the marina
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Awaken and pamper your senses at a unique retreat conceived for the pleasure of adults-only and where personal service, genuine atmosphere and luxury awaits...
- Indulge from a choice of 5 restaurants - including Siete offering traditional Mexican specialities
- Immerse in your senses and seek inner peace with access to the hotel Spa
- Relax and unwind from a choice of 8 varying temperature swimming pools or select massaging jets from one of the Jacuzzis
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Mexico's renowned Cancun coastline lapping up the awesome weather for 8 blissful...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...