Cuba to be included in the itinerary of luxury cruise holidays by Star Clippers
Cuba will be the new port of call in the 2014 itinerary of Star Clippers' new route to the Caribbean. Banking on the increasing popularity of Cuba holidays, the Monaco-based luxury cruise company has decided to include the island's pristine keys and islets off the province of Cienfuegos as a brand new stop on their Caribbean tours.
A luxury cruise company based in Monaco offering deluxe cruising holiday experiences has recently announced that from 2014 it will include Cuba as a stop in its routes for the first time ever.
During a recent press conference held in London, the owner of the cruise operator, Star Clippers, Mikael Krafft, talked about the appeal of Cuba holidays for cruise passengers and highlighted the island’s potential as an emerging cruise destination. In particular he talked about the beauty and allure of the island’s small cays and archipelago and described them as being ideal for the kind for their customer profile of clients and passengers who travel in the company’s vessels.
Mr Krafft also noted Cuba’s high cultural, historic and architectural attractions as a peculiar Caribbean nation with a lot more to offer visitors than just sea and sand. He also went on to explain how the Caribbean island had an excellent coastline to sail with breathtakingly beautiful and abundant enclave, pristine beaches virtually untouched by mankind and idyllic deserted islets.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Starting from February and March 2014, cruise ships from the Star Clippers’ Star Flyer fleet will be docking at the port of Cienfuegos, an eastern Cuban province that’s already proved popular with other visitors going to enjoy a mix of beach and cultural holidays to Cuba in the region. Once in Cienfuegos, the cruise company will organise round trips to cays and various archipelagos of the island and of other nations in the Caribbean, such as the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
With an onboard capacity of 170 crew members, Star Clippers’ vessels will also be calling at the port of Casilda, in the quaint colonial city Trinidad (located in south-western Cuba), as part of the itinerary on the tour through the Caribbean Sea from Costa Rica.
The online tourist newspaper of Latin America and the Caribbean, Anecoa, have pointed out that American passengers won’t be able to board these cruises due to the financial and commercial blockade that has been imposed by the U.S. government on Cuba for over half a century now and which doesn't look likely to change in the near future despite ongoing campaigns from American business and pressure groups to do so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...