Cuba to be included in the itinerary of luxury cruise holidays by Star Clippers
Cuba will be the new port of call in the 2014 itinerary of Star Clippers' new route to the Caribbean. Banking on the increasing popularity of Cuba holidays, the Monaco-based luxury cruise company has decided to include the island's pristine keys and islets off the province of Cienfuegos as a brand new stop on their Caribbean tours.
A luxury cruise company based in Monaco offering deluxe cruising holiday experiences has recently announced that from 2014 it will include Cuba as a stop in its routes for the first time ever.
During a recent press conference held in London, the owner of the cruise operator, Star Clippers, Mikael Krafft, talked about the appeal of Cuba holidays for cruise passengers and highlighted the island’s potential as an emerging cruise destination. In particular he talked about the beauty and allure of the island’s small cays and archipelago and described them as being ideal for the kind for their customer profile of clients and passengers who travel in the company’s vessels.
Mr Krafft also noted Cuba’s high cultural, historic and architectural attractions as a peculiar Caribbean nation with a lot more to offer visitors than just sea and sand. He also went on to explain how the Caribbean island had an excellent coastline to sail with breathtakingly beautiful and abundant enclave, pristine beaches virtually untouched by mankind and idyllic deserted islets.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Starting from February and March 2014, cruise ships from the Star Clippers’ Star Flyer fleet will be docking at the port of Cienfuegos, an eastern Cuban province that’s already proved popular with other visitors going to enjoy a mix of beach and cultural holidays to Cuba in the region. Once in Cienfuegos, the cruise company will organise round trips to cays and various archipelagos of the island and of other nations in the Caribbean, such as the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
With an onboard capacity of 170 crew members, Star Clippers’ vessels will also be calling at the port of Casilda, in the quaint colonial city Trinidad (located in south-western Cuba), as part of the itinerary on the tour through the Caribbean Sea from Costa Rica.
The online tourist newspaper of Latin America and the Caribbean, Anecoa, have pointed out that American passengers won’t be able to board these cruises due to the financial and commercial blockade that has been imposed by the U.S. government on Cuba for over half a century now and which doesn't look likely to change in the near future despite ongoing campaigns from American business and pressure groups to do so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...