Cuba to be included in the itinerary of luxury cruise holidays by Star Clippers
Cuba will be the new port of call in the 2014 itinerary of Star Clippers' new route to the Caribbean. Banking on the increasing popularity of Cuba holidays, the Monaco-based luxury cruise company has decided to include the island's pristine keys and islets off the province of Cienfuegos as a brand new stop on their Caribbean tours.
A luxury cruise company based in Monaco offering deluxe cruising holiday experiences has recently announced that from 2014 it will include Cuba as a stop in its routes for the first time ever.
During a recent press conference held in London, the owner of the cruise operator, Star Clippers, Mikael Krafft, talked about the appeal of Cuba holidays for cruise passengers and highlighted the island’s potential as an emerging cruise destination. In particular he talked about the beauty and allure of the island’s small cays and archipelago and described them as being ideal for the kind for their customer profile of clients and passengers who travel in the company’s vessels.
Mr Krafft also noted Cuba’s high cultural, historic and architectural attractions as a peculiar Caribbean nation with a lot more to offer visitors than just sea and sand. He also went on to explain how the Caribbean island had an excellent coastline to sail with breathtakingly beautiful and abundant enclave, pristine beaches virtually untouched by mankind and idyllic deserted islets.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Starting from February and March 2014, cruise ships from the Star Clippers’ Star Flyer fleet will be docking at the port of Cienfuegos, an eastern Cuban province that’s already proved popular with other visitors going to enjoy a mix of beach and cultural holidays to Cuba in the region. Once in Cienfuegos, the cruise company will organise round trips to cays and various archipelagos of the island and of other nations in the Caribbean, such as the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
With an onboard capacity of 170 crew members, Star Clippers’ vessels will also be calling at the port of Casilda, in the quaint colonial city Trinidad (located in south-western Cuba), as part of the itinerary on the tour through the Caribbean Sea from Costa Rica.
The online tourist newspaper of Latin America and the Caribbean, Anecoa, have pointed out that American passengers won’t be able to board these cruises due to the financial and commercial blockade that has been imposed by the U.S. government on Cuba for over half a century now and which doesn't look likely to change in the near future despite ongoing campaigns from American business and pressure groups to do so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...