Cuba to be included in the itinerary of luxury cruise holidays by Star Clippers
Cuba will be the new port of call in the 2014 itinerary of Star Clippers' new route to the Caribbean. Banking on the increasing popularity of Cuba holidays, the Monaco-based luxury cruise company has decided to include the island's pristine keys and islets off the province of Cienfuegos as a brand new stop on their Caribbean tours.
A luxury cruise company based in Monaco offering deluxe cruising holiday experiences has recently announced that from 2014 it will include Cuba as a stop in its routes for the first time ever.
During a recent press conference held in London, the owner of the cruise operator, Star Clippers, Mikael Krafft, talked about the appeal of Cuba holidays for cruise passengers and highlighted the island’s potential as an emerging cruise destination. In particular he talked about the beauty and allure of the island’s small cays and archipelago and described them as being ideal for the kind for their customer profile of clients and passengers who travel in the company’s vessels.
Mr Krafft also noted Cuba’s high cultural, historic and architectural attractions as a peculiar Caribbean nation with a lot more to offer visitors than just sea and sand. He also went on to explain how the Caribbean island had an excellent coastline to sail with breathtakingly beautiful and abundant enclave, pristine beaches virtually untouched by mankind and idyllic deserted islets.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Starting from February and March 2014, cruise ships from the Star Clippers’ Star Flyer fleet will be docking at the port of Cienfuegos, an eastern Cuban province that’s already proved popular with other visitors going to enjoy a mix of beach and cultural holidays to Cuba in the region. Once in Cienfuegos, the cruise company will organise round trips to cays and various archipelagos of the island and of other nations in the Caribbean, such as the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
With an onboard capacity of 170 crew members, Star Clippers’ vessels will also be calling at the port of Casilda, in the quaint colonial city Trinidad (located in south-western Cuba), as part of the itinerary on the tour through the Caribbean Sea from Costa Rica.
The online tourist newspaper of Latin America and the Caribbean, Anecoa, have pointed out that American passengers won’t be able to board these cruises due to the financial and commercial blockade that has been imposed by the U.S. government on Cuba for over half a century now and which doesn't look likely to change in the near future despite ongoing campaigns from American business and pressure groups to do so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...