Manor House Concepts' Kandy House hotel in Sri Lanka awarded 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
The Kandy House in Sri Lanka has been awarded the 2012 TripAdvisor certificate of Excellence. The manor house property is operated by Manor House Concepts and provides luxury Sri Lanka holidays for travellers with just nine guest rooms and facilities including an infinity pool overlooking paddy fields and an excellent restaurant that serves authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
The 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence has been awarded to The Kandy House, a luxury ancestral manor house and lavish hotel in Sri Lanka.
The property is owned by Manor House Concepts, a Sri Lankan brand that operates three luxury properties for Sri Lanka holidays.
The Kandy House is an example of a traditional Kandyan home and it was built in 1804 by the last Chief Minister of the Kandyan Kingdom.
The manor house has been converted into a small Sri Lanka hotel and features antique furnishings, arched verandas and nine elegantly furnished guest rooms.
During holidays in Sri Lanka, hotel guests can relax in the infinity pool that overlooks paddy fields or they can savour authentic exquisite Sri Lankan cuisine in the hotel restaurant.
The private property is ideal for relaxing yoga and wellness breaks in Sri Lanka, romantic honeymoons and family-friendly holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The guest rooms are each named after Sri Lanka’s butterflies and feature furnishings including chaise lounges, reading chairs, four-poster beds, sofas and antiques as well as modern amenities and spacious verandas.
During holidays to Sri Lanka, guests can head out and explore the local area which is full of heritage sites, parks and historic temples. Tourists can take walk around the lake, take a tour of the British Garrison Cemetery, or visit the Udawattakelle Sanctuary which covers 270 acres of land and is teeming with fauna, flora and wildlife.
TripAdvisor only awards the Certificate of Excellence to the “best establishments” and to qualify a business must receive an overall rating of four out of five stars in the travellers’ reviews on the website.
Manor House Concepts has two other intimate Sri Lanka hotels: The Last House and the Coco Tangalla.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The Last House is situated on the pristine Mahawella beach close to the town of Tangalle. The property has six rooms and guests can enjoy surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving activities, spa treatments and refreshing dips in the swimming pool.
Coco Tangalla is a black and white colonial-style villa with six bedrooms and an infinity pool that overlooks the azure Indian Ocean. Holidaymakers will have plenty to do throughout their Sri Lanka holiday including visits to Galle’s UNESCO World Heritage Site at the fort, the pristine beaches, the Turtle Conservation Area at Rekawa and the thriving Yala and Udawalawe National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....