Manor House Concepts' Kandy House hotel in Sri Lanka awarded 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
The Kandy House in Sri Lanka has been awarded the 2012 TripAdvisor certificate of Excellence. The manor house property is operated by Manor House Concepts and provides luxury Sri Lanka holidays for travellers with just nine guest rooms and facilities including an infinity pool overlooking paddy fields and an excellent restaurant that serves authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
The 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence has been awarded to The Kandy House, a luxury ancestral manor house and lavish hotel in Sri Lanka.
The property is owned by Manor House Concepts, a Sri Lankan brand that operates three luxury properties for Sri Lanka holidays.
The Kandy House is an example of a traditional Kandyan home and it was built in 1804 by the last Chief Minister of the Kandyan Kingdom.
The manor house has been converted into a small Sri Lanka hotel and features antique furnishings, arched verandas and nine elegantly furnished guest rooms.
During holidays in Sri Lanka, hotel guests can relax in the infinity pool that overlooks paddy fields or they can savour authentic exquisite Sri Lankan cuisine in the hotel restaurant.
The private property is ideal for relaxing yoga and wellness breaks in Sri Lanka, romantic honeymoons and family-friendly holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The guest rooms are each named after Sri Lanka’s butterflies and feature furnishings including chaise lounges, reading chairs, four-poster beds, sofas and antiques as well as modern amenities and spacious verandas.
During holidays to Sri Lanka, guests can head out and explore the local area which is full of heritage sites, parks and historic temples. Tourists can take walk around the lake, take a tour of the British Garrison Cemetery, or visit the Udawattakelle Sanctuary which covers 270 acres of land and is teeming with fauna, flora and wildlife.
TripAdvisor only awards the Certificate of Excellence to the “best establishments” and to qualify a business must receive an overall rating of four out of five stars in the travellers’ reviews on the website.
Manor House Concepts has two other intimate Sri Lanka hotels: The Last House and the Coco Tangalla.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The Last House is situated on the pristine Mahawella beach close to the town of Tangalle. The property has six rooms and guests can enjoy surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving activities, spa treatments and refreshing dips in the swimming pool.
Coco Tangalla is a black and white colonial-style villa with six bedrooms and an infinity pool that overlooks the azure Indian Ocean. Holidaymakers will have plenty to do throughout their Sri Lanka holiday including visits to Galle’s UNESCO World Heritage Site at the fort, the pristine beaches, the Turtle Conservation Area at Rekawa and the thriving Yala and Udawalawe National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....