Manor House Concepts' Kandy House hotel in Sri Lanka awarded 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
The Kandy House in Sri Lanka has been awarded the 2012 TripAdvisor certificate of Excellence. The manor house property is operated by Manor House Concepts and provides luxury Sri Lanka holidays for travellers with just nine guest rooms and facilities including an infinity pool overlooking paddy fields and an excellent restaurant that serves authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
The 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence has been awarded to The Kandy House, a luxury ancestral manor house and lavish hotel in Sri Lanka.
The property is owned by Manor House Concepts, a Sri Lankan brand that operates three luxury properties for Sri Lanka holidays.
The Kandy House is an example of a traditional Kandyan home and it was built in 1804 by the last Chief Minister of the Kandyan Kingdom.
The manor house has been converted into a small Sri Lanka hotel and features antique furnishings, arched verandas and nine elegantly furnished guest rooms.
During holidays in Sri Lanka, hotel guests can relax in the infinity pool that overlooks paddy fields or they can savour authentic exquisite Sri Lankan cuisine in the hotel restaurant.
The private property is ideal for relaxing yoga and wellness breaks in Sri Lanka, romantic honeymoons and family-friendly holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The guest rooms are each named after Sri Lanka’s butterflies and feature furnishings including chaise lounges, reading chairs, four-poster beds, sofas and antiques as well as modern amenities and spacious verandas.
During holidays to Sri Lanka, guests can head out and explore the local area which is full of heritage sites, parks and historic temples. Tourists can take walk around the lake, take a tour of the British Garrison Cemetery, or visit the Udawattakelle Sanctuary which covers 270 acres of land and is teeming with fauna, flora and wildlife.
TripAdvisor only awards the Certificate of Excellence to the “best establishments” and to qualify a business must receive an overall rating of four out of five stars in the travellers’ reviews on the website.
Manor House Concepts has two other intimate Sri Lanka hotels: The Last House and the Coco Tangalla.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The Last House is situated on the pristine Mahawella beach close to the town of Tangalle. The property has six rooms and guests can enjoy surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving activities, spa treatments and refreshing dips in the swimming pool.
Coco Tangalla is a black and white colonial-style villa with six bedrooms and an infinity pool that overlooks the azure Indian Ocean. Holidaymakers will have plenty to do throughout their Sri Lanka holiday including visits to Galle’s UNESCO World Heritage Site at the fort, the pristine beaches, the Turtle Conservation Area at Rekawa and the thriving Yala and Udawalawe National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...