Dubai holidays continue to be favoured by British travellers
British tourists are still taking Dubai holidays despite reports that there has been a decline in UK outbound travel in the second quarter of 2012. Dubai received an 11 per cent in visitor arrivals during this period and recent statistics also reveal that the emirate's airport exceeded its target of five million passengers in July.
Dubai continues to be a popular destination for British travellers despite reports that there has been a decline in UK outbound travel during the second quarter of 2012.
During the second quarter of this year, the emirate saw an 11 per cent increase in British tourists taking Dubai holidays while hotel bookings increased to 170,452 in 2012 compared to 154,180 during the same period in 2011.
British travellers also increased the duration of their stay in Dubai hotels and hotel apartments with the average length of stay reaching seven nights; an increase of five per cent compared to 2011.
The Director of UK and Ireland for the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), Ian Scott, stated: “We are delighted with the UK results for quarter two, and confident that visitor numbers will continue to be positive throughout the year.
“Increasingly, families are realising that Dubai can offer them a fun and affordable family holiday with a relatively short flight time of only seven hours.”
Image by: gadha, on Flickr
The United Arab Emirate also recorded another milestone recently after Dubai International Airport surpassed its five million passenger target in the month of July.
The airport served 5,006,155 passengers arriving to and from holidays to Dubai in July 2012 compared to 4,724,109 in the same month last year, “This is yet another record for Dubai International and one that we had anticipated based on the growth trends in the first half of the year,” explained Paul Griffiths, the CEO of Dubai Airports.
“Since 2009 average monthly traffic at Dubai International has skyrocketed from just under 3.5 million in 2009 to over 4.7 million in 2012. This clearly signals our emergence as a leading global hub.”
Image by: FUTURADOSMIL, on Flickr
Mr Griffith added: “July’s traffic volumes mean that an average of 112 passengers passed through our airport every minute of every day. By 2018, when we expect to complete the expansion of Dubai International, that will soar to just under 170 passengers per minute.”
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates that make up this Middle Eastern nation and it is famous for being a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, luxurious hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. During holidays in Dubai, holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Dubai was named as the Middle East’s “World Festival and Event City” by the International Festivals and Events Association in 2011 and tourists can enjoy a collection of exiting annual music festivals and shopping and sporting events such as Dubai Summer Surprises, the International Film Festival and the Shopping Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Enjoy unparalleled luxury and splendour at one of the premier establishments sitting on Dubai's renowned Jumeirah Strip....
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...